If you find that your browser opens automatically to the Realnewshour.com then this might be a sign that your internet browser has become the victim of an undesired software from the adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) group.
Adware is a potentially unwanted software that developed to display intrusive advertisements on the affected PC system. In this article we will discuss what ad-supported software is and how can you delete Realnewshour.com popup advertisements from the Internet Explorer, Edge, Firefox and Chrome manually or with free adware removal tools compatible with Microsoft Windows 10 (8, 7 and XP).
It is likely that you might be worried with the ad supported software that responsible for internet browser redirect to the undesired Realnewshour.com web site. You should not disregard this unwanted software. The ad supported software might not only open intrusive advertisements, but redirect your web browser to malicious websites.
The worst is, the adware can gather your privacy information (your ip address, what is a web-page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Web, which links you are clicking), which can later transfer to third parties.
Instructions that is shown below, will help you to clean your system from the adware as well as remove unwanted Realnewshour.com popup advertisements from the Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer and other internet browsers.
Remove Realnewshour.com pop-up ads
When the ad supported software gets installed on your system without your knowledge, it’s not easy to remove. Most often, there is no Uninstall program which simply delete the adware that causes web-browsers to show intrusive Realnewshour.com popup ads from your system. So, we recommend using several well-proven free specialized utilities like Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM), MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) or HitmanPro. But the best method to delete Realnewshour.com redirect will be to perform several manual steps, after that additionally use antimalware utilities.
To remove Realnewshour.com, execute the following steps:
- Remove Realnewshour.com pop up advertisements without any utilities
- Delete Realnewshour.com popups with free software
- Stop Realnewshour.com pop ups and other undesired websites
- How did Realnewshour.com pop up advertisements get on your PC
- Finish words
Remove Realnewshour.com pop up advertisements without any utilities
Most common ad-supported software may be removed without any antivirus programs. The manual adware removal is few simple steps that will teach you how to delete the Realnewshour.com popup advertisements.
Uninstall questionable apps using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
It is of primary importance to first identify and remove all PUPs, adware programs and hijackers through ‘Add/Remove Programs’ (Windows XP) or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 10, 8, 7) section of your Microsoft Windows Control Panel.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Next, press “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all software installed on your PC. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any questionable and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort programs by date in the Control panel.
Get rid of Realnewshour.com popup ads from Firefox
Resetting Firefox internet browser will reset all the settings to their default values and will remove Realnewshour.com pop up ads, malicious add-ons and extensions. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown in the following example.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button as on the image below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to restore your Firefox web-browser settings to their original settings.
Get rid of Realnewshour.com pop-ups from Microsoft Internet Explorer
If you find that Internet Explorer browser settings such as newtab, startpage and search provider had been replaced by ad-supported software that causes multiple annoying popup ads, then you may revert back your settings, via the reset browser procedure.
First, run the Internet Explorer. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” as displayed on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown in the figure below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
Remove Realnewshour.com pop-ups from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to remove Realnewshour.com pop-up advertisements, harmful and adware extensions, web-browser’s home page, search provider by default and newtab page which have been modified by adware.
- First, start the Google Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset settings dialog box as on the image above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Delete Realnewshour.com popups with free software
There are not many good free antimalware applications with high detection ratio. The effectiveness of malicious software removal tools depends on various factors, mostly on how often their virus/malware signatures DB are updated in order to effectively detect modern malware, adware, hijackers and other PUPs. We recommend to run several programs, not just one. These programs which listed below will help you remove all components of the adware from your disk and Windows registry and thereby get rid of Realnewshour.com pop-up ads.
Run Zemana Anti-Malware to delete Realnewshour.com
You can remove Realnewshour.com redirect automatically with a help of Zemana. We advise this malware removal utility because it can easily get rid of hijackers, PUPs, adware which redirects your internet browser to Realnewshour.com site with all their components such as folders, files and registry entries.
Please go to the following link to download Zemana. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
Once the download is finished, close all windows on your personal computer. Further, open the install file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as shown on the image below, press the “Yes” button.
It will display the “Setup wizard” which will allow you install Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) on the PC system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is complete successfully, Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will automatically start and you can see its main window as shown in the following example.
Next, click the “Scan” button . Zemana Anti Malware tool will start scanning the whole personal computer to find out adware responsible for Realnewshour.com pop-up advertisements. Depending on your PC system, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the Zemana Free is checking, you may see how many objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
As the scanning ends, you can check all items found on your machine. All found threats will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click “Next” button.
The Zemana AntiMalware will start to remove ad-supported software that causes multiple annoying pop-up ads. After the clean-up is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your system.
Scan and free your computer of adware with HitmanPro
HitmanPro cleans your system from browser hijackers, potentially unwanted programs, unwanted toolbars, web-browser add-ons and other undesired programs such as adware that responsible for web browser redirect to the intrusive Realnewshour.com web-page. The free removal utility will help you enjoy your computer to its fullest. HitmanPro uses advanced behavioral detection technologies to look for if there are undesired apps in your machine. You can review the scan results, and select the items you want to delete.
- Hitman Pro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the download is complete, start the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, click the “Next” for scanning your PC system for the adware that responsible for the appearance of Realnewshour.com popup ads. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your system. While the HitmanPro program is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- After the scan get finished, Hitman Pro will open a screen which contains a list of malware that has been found. Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and click “Next”. Now, press the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Get rid of Realnewshour.com pop-up ads with Malwarebytes
We recommend using the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your PC system of the adware. The free tool is an advanced malicious software removal application made by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This application uses the world’s most popular anti-malware technology. It is able to help you get rid of annoying Realnewshour.com redirect from your browsers, PUPs, malware, hijackers, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your system for free.
Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) for Microsoft Windows. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
When downloading is finished, close all apps and windows on your computer. Double-click the set up file called mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as shown in the figure below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” that will help you install MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) on your personal computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is finished successfully, click Finish button. MalwareBytes AntiMalware will automatically start and you can see its main screen like below.
Now press the “Scan Now” button for scanning your system for the ad-supported software that causes multiple unwanted ads. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient. When a malicious software, ad supported software or potentially unwanted apps are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is done.
After MalwareBytes Anti Malware completes the scan, you can check all threats detected on your machine. Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click “Quarantine Selected” button. The MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will remove adware responsible for redirecting your internet browser to Realnewshour.com web-page and move items to the program’s quarantine. After the clean-up is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
We advise you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to remove adware, browser hijacker and other malware.
Stop Realnewshour.com pop ups and other undesired websites
Use an ad-blocking utility like AdGuard will protect you from harmful advertisements and content. Moreover, you may find that the AdGuard have an option to protect your privacy and stop phishing and spam web-pages. Additionally, adblocker apps will help you to avoid undesired ads and unverified links that also a good way to stay safe online.
- Click the link below to download AdGuard. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
- Once the downloading process is finished, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the install is finished, press “Skip” to close the setup application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, Realnewshour.com pop-ups, as well as other malicious or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
How did Realnewshour.com pop up advertisements get on your PC
Once you’ve complete the few simple steps outlined above, your system should be clean from this adware and other malware. The Firefox, Google Chrome, Edge and Internet Explorer will no longer display unwanted Realnewshour.com page when you surf the Internet. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step instructions does not help you, then you have caught a new ad supported software, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted Realnewshour.com redirect.