The QuizGroove is an adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software). In order to get rid of QuizGroove ad-supported software, we suggest you to completely perform the following steps.
Adware usually gets installed alongside freeware, codecs and shareware. Aside from causing redirections, the ad-supported software also can show a huge count of advertisements, slow down the computer and continually gather personal info.
Technically, the adware is not a virus, but it does bad things, it generates a lot of popups. It may download and install on to your computer other malicious and unwanted software without your permission, force you to visit misleading or harmful pages. Moreover, the ad-supported software can install a web browser hijacker. Once installed, it’ll change your web browser setting like new tab, start page and search provider by default with an annoying web-site.
As well as unwanted internet browser redirections to QuizGroove, the adware can gather your Internet browsing activity by recording URLs visited, IP addresses, web-browser version and type, cookie information, Internet Service Provider (ISP) and web sites visited. Such kind of behavior can lead to serious security problems or user information theft. This is another reason why the QuizGroove adware which made to redirect your browser to various ad pages, is categorized as potentially unwanted application (PUA).
As evident, the adware is a potentially unwanted program and should not be used. If you realized any of the symptoms mentioned above, we suggest you to follow step-by-step instructions below to delete the adware and remove QuizGroove adware from your web browser.
Remove QuizGroove ad supported software (removal guide)
There are a few ways that can be used to get rid of QuizGroove adware. But, not all potentially unwanted applications like this ad supported software can be completely uninstalled using only manual solutions. In most cases you are not able to delete any adware using standard Microsoft Windows options. In order to remove QuizGroove adware you need complete a few manual steps and run reliable removal tools. Most cyber security researchers states that Zemana AntiMalware, MalwareBytes Anti Malware or Hitman Pro utilities are a right choice. These free applications are able to find out and remove QuizGroove ad-supported software from your personal computer and restore your web browser settings to defaults.
To remove QuizGroove, execute the following steps:
- Manual QuizGroove adware removal
- Scan your computer and remove QuizGroove ad supported software with free utilities
- How to stay safe online
- Prevent QuizGroove from installing
- To sum up
Manual QuizGroove adware removal
The step-by-step guidance will help you remove QuizGroove adware. These QuizGroove removal steps work for the Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer, as well as every version of Microsoft Windows operating system.
Deleting the QuizGroove, check the list of installed programs first
The best way to begin the PC system cleanup is to delete unknown and dubious programs. Using the MS Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded applications can clean up the Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge from pop-up ads, hijackers and so on.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Microsoft Windows logo, and then press Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as shown on the image below.
Once the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown on the image below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and select the ‘Control Panel’ at right as shown on the screen below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (MS Windows 7 or Vista) as displayed below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed apps and get rid of all dubious and unknown software. We recommend to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed software by date. After you have found anything dubious that may be the QuizGroove adware which causes intrusive advertisements or other PUP (potentially unwanted program), then select this application and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the suspicious application blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to completely remove it from your PC system.
Remove QuizGroove adware from IE
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your web browser is hijacked or you have unwanted addo-ons or toolbars on your web-browser, which installed by an malicious software.
First, run the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as shown on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. It will delete QuizGroove that designed to redirect your web-browser to various ad websites, disable malicious and ad-supported web-browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings like startpage, new tab and default search provider to default state.
Remove QuizGroove adware from Chrome
If your Chrome web-browser is redirected to unwanted QuizGroove page, it may be necessary to completely reset your web browser application to its default settings.
- First start the Google Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed plugins. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is complete, your internet browser’s startpage, default search provider and new tab will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of QuizGroove from Firefox by resetting web browser settings
Resetting your Mozilla Firefox is first troubleshooting step for any issues with your web-browser program, including the redirect to QuizGroove site. When using the reset feature, your personal information like passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown on the image below.
A small menu will appear, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the image below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to restore your Mozilla Firefox browser settings to their default values.
Scan your computer and remove QuizGroove ad supported software with free utilities
Manual removal steps may not be for an unskilled computer user. Each QuizGroove removal step above, such as removing dubious programs, restoring hijacked shortcuts, removing the adware from system settings, must be performed very carefully. If you’re unsure about the steps above, then we recommend that you follow the automatic QuizGroove removal steps listed below.
Remove QuizGroove ad-supported software with Zemana
Zemana AntiMalware is a free program for MS Windows OS to scan for and remove potentially unwanted applications, ad-supported software, malicious web browser plugins, browser toolbars, and other undesired applications like QuizGroove that cause unwanted pop-ups to appear.
- Zemana can be downloaded from the following link. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: February 14, 2019
- When the downloading process is done, close all programs and windows on your personal computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, press the “Scan” button to begin scanning your computer for the QuizGroove adware that causes lots of unwanted advertisements. Depending on your personal computer, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour.
- When Zemana Free completes the scan, Zemana Anti Malware will show a list of detected items. Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and press “Next”. When the procedure is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your PC system.
Remove QuizGroove ad supported software and malicious extensions with HitmanPro
All-in-all, HitmanPro is a fantastic utility to clean your PC from any unwanted programs such as QuizGroove adware that causes web browsers to show unwanted popup ads. The HitmanPro is portable program that meaning, you don’t need to install it to use it. Hitman Pro is compatible with all versions of Windows operating system from MS Windows XP to Windows 10. Both 64-bit and 32-bit systems are supported.
- Please go to the following link to download HitmanPro. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once the downloading process is complete, start the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, click the “Next” to perform a system scan with this tool for the QuizGroove that causes multiple unwanted advertisements and pop ups. This process may take quite a while, so please be patient. During the scan HitmanPro will look for threats exist on your computer.
- When the scan is finished, HitmanPro will prepare a list of unwanted programs adware. In order to remove all items, simply click “Next”. Now, press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Scan and free your PC system of ad supported software with Malwarebytes
You can get rid of QuizGroove adware automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We suggest this free malware removal utility because it can easily delete hijackers, adware, potentially unwanted apps and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
Visit the following page to download the latest version of MalwareBytes for MS Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
Once downloading is done, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the MalwareBytes will try to update itself and when this process is finished, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes utility will begin scanning the whole system to find out QuizGroove that cause undesired popup ads to appear. Depending on your computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Review the report and then press “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes Free is a free program that you can use to delete all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malicious software removal utility, we recommend you to read and follow the few simple steps or the video guide below.
How to stay safe online
It is important to use ad-blocking apps such as AdGuard to protect your system from malicious web sites. Most security experts says that it is okay to stop ads. You should do so just to stay safe! And, of course, the AdGuard may to block misleading and other intrusive sites.
AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as shown on the screen below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick instructions as shown below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick guidance which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your PC system, AdGuard will start automatically and block unwanted advertisements, as well as other malicious or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
Prevent QuizGroove from installing
To sum up
Once you’ve finished the steps outlined above, your system should be clean from QuizGroove adware which cause annoying pop ups to appear and other malware. The Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome will no longer redirect you to various intrusive web pages like QuizGroove. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help here.