Are you facing a problem with the Microsoft Edge, Chrome, IE and Mozilla Firefox browsers that constantly redirects to a dubious site named Mediadownload.site? Then, there are chances that are your personal computer is infected by PUP (potentially unwanted program) from the ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) family.
Most likely that the adware was set on your PC without your consent. Because, the ad-supported software is designed to display a lot of intrusive popup advertisements within the Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer’s screen. As, the advertisers do not disdain to use any ways to promote their web pages and attract new users. Below we explain how to get rid of adware and thereby delete annoying Mediadownload.site pop-up ads from your web-browser.
The adware that responsible for web-browser redirect to the annoying Mediadownload.site web page, may add a large amount of ads directly to the web pages that you visit, creating a sense that the ads have been added by the authors of the webpage. Moreover, a legal sponsored links may be replaced on the fake advertisements, that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful programs.
That is, it is obvious that ad supported software can steal privacy data about you such as: your ip address, what is a site you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the World Wide Web, which links you are clicking, and much, much more. Even worse, the ad supported software may monetize its functionality by collecting confidential information from your surfing sessions. This user information, later, can be easily sold to third parties. This puts your user information at a security risk.
Adware is usually written in ways common to malware, spyware and hijackers. In order to remove adware and thus remove Mediadownload.site popups, you will need complete the following steps or use free ad supported software removal tool listed below.
How to remove Mediadownload.site pop-ups, ads, notifications (Virus removal guide)
Not all undesired applications like adware that responsible for web-browser reroute to the unwanted Mediadownload.site web site are easily uninstallable. You might see pop ups, deals, text links, in-text advertisements, banners and other type of ads in the Microsoft Internet Explorer, Chrome, Edge and Mozilla Firefox and might not be able to figure out the application responsible for this activity. The reason for this is that many undesired applications neither appear in MS Windows Control Panel. Therefore in order to fully remove Mediadownload.site popup ads, you need to complete the steps below. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to exit your browser or reboot your system.
To remove Mediadownload.site, follow the steps below:
- How to manually get rid of Mediadownload.site
- Remove Mediadownload.site popups with free applications
- Block Mediadownload.site pop-up ads and other annoying websites
- How did adware get on your PC
- To sum up
How to manually get rid of Mediadownload.site
Most common ad-supported software may be deleted without any antivirus software. The manual adware removal is steps that will teach you how to remove the Mediadownload.site pop ups.
Delete potentially unwanted applications using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
First method for manual adware removal is to go into the MS Windows “Control Panel”, then “Uninstall a program” console. Take a look at the list of software on your system and see if there are any dubious and unknown applications. If you see any, you need to delete them. Of course, before doing so, you can do an Web search to find details on the application. If it is a potentially unwanted program, ad supported software or malicious software, you will likely find information that says so.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel as displayed on the image below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of apps installed on your machine. Most probably, one of them is the ad-supported software which created to reroute your web-browser to various ad pages such as Mediadownload.site. If you’ve many programs installed, you can help simplify the search of harmful apps by sort the list by date of installation. Once you have found a questionable, unwanted or unused program, right click to it, after that click ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
After the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to click ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as on the image below.
You will see a list of software installed on your PC system. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the software that were installed last. Most probably, it’s the adware that causes multiple unwanted pop ups. If you’re in doubt, you can always check the program by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. Once the program which you need to delete is found, simply click on its name, and then press ‘Uninstall’ as on the image below.
Remove Mediadownload.site pop up ads from Microsoft Internet Explorer
The Microsoft Internet Explorer reset is great if your browser is hijacked or you have unwanted addo-ons or toolbars on your internet browser, which installed by an malicious software.
First, start the IE. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as shown on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect.
Remove Mediadownload.site pop-ups from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to get rid of the browser hijackers, harmful and ‘ad-supported’ extensions, as well as to restore the web-browser’s new tab page, search provider by default and start page that have been replaced by adware that causes web-browsers to open unwanted Mediadownload.site popup ads.
First launch the Google Chrome. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will show the Google Chrome menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed extensions. If the list has the add-on signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Google Chrome menu once again. Further, click the option called “Settings”.
The web-browser will open the settings screen. Another method to open the Google Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, as on the image below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Google Chrome will open the confirmation prompt as shown in the following example.
You need to confirm your action, press the “Reset” button. The web browser will start the task of cleaning. Once it is finished, the web-browser’s settings including startpage, new tab page and default search engine back to the values that have been when the Google Chrome was first installed on your personal computer.
Delete Mediadownload.site popup advertisements from Firefox
Resetting Mozilla Firefox browser will reset all the settings to their original state and will remove Mediadownload.site advertisements, malicious add-ons and extensions. It’ll keep your personal information like browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
Run the Mozilla Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the web browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will display the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed on the screen below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Mozilla Firefox will start a process to fix your problems that caused by the adware that responsible for the appearance of Mediadownload.site pop-ups. Once, it is complete, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Mediadownload.site popups with free applications
If you are not expert at computers, then we advise to use free removal tools listed below to get rid of Mediadownload.site pop up advertisements for good. The automatic solution is highly recommended. It has less steps and easier to implement than the manual solution. Moreover, it lower risk of system damage. So, the automatic Mediadownload.site removal is a better option.
Use Zemana Free to delete Mediadownload.site
We suggest using the Zemana that are completely clean your system of the ad-supported software. The tool is an advanced malicious software removal application made by (c) Zemana lab. It is able to help you remove potentially unwanted applications, hijackers, malware, toolbars, ransomware and adware responsible for redirecting your web browser to Mediadownload.site web site.
- Download Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) on your PC from the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- When the downloading process is done, close all apps and windows on your computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is complete, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware which reroutes your web browser to intrusive Mediadownload.site page. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC. While the Zemana Free is scanning, you may see how many objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- After finished, Zemana Anti Malware will show you the results. Review the scan results and then press “Next”. Once the process is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your personal computer.
Get rid of Mediadownload.site pop-ups and malicious extensions with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro is a free application that created to remove malicious software, PUPs, browser hijackers and adware from your machine running Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 7, XP (32-bit and 64-bit). It will help to identify and remove ad supported software that responsible for the appearance of Mediadownload.site ads, including its files, folders and registry keys.
- Installing the HitmanPro is simple. First you will need to download Hitman Pro by clicking on the following link. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the download is finished, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this tool is started, click “Next” button . Hitman Pro application will scan through the whole system for the adware responsible for Mediadownload.site redirect. Depending on your computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a threat is found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is finished.
- After HitmanPro completes the scan, HitmanPro will show a list of all items detected by the scan. All found items will be marked. You can delete them all by simply click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
How to remove Mediadownload.site with Malwarebytes
You can delete Mediadownload.site ads automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We recommend this free malicious software removal utility because it can easily delete browser hijackers, ad supported software, potentially unwanted programs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- Download MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) on your computer by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- Once downloading is finished, close all software and windows on your machine. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is finished, press the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the adware that cause intrusive Mediadownload.site ads to appear. Depending on your PC, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the MalwareBytes Free is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- Once MalwareBytes has finished scanning, you’ll be displayed the list of all found items on your system. All found threats will be marked. You can remove them all by simply press “Quarantine Selected”. When disinfection is done, you may be prompted to restart your PC system.
The following video offers a few simple steps on how to remove browser hijackers, adware and other malware with MalwareBytes.
Block Mediadownload.site pop-up ads and other annoying websites
The AdGuard is a very good ad blocker program for the Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer, with active user support. It does a great job by removing certain types of unwanted ads, popunders, pop ups, unwanted new tab pages, and even full page advertisements and website overlay layers. Of course, the AdGuard can block the Mediadownload.site pop-ups automatically or by using a custom filter rule.
- Click the link below to download the latest version of AdGuard for Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the install is finished, click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block unwanted ads, Mediadownload.site pop-ups, as well as other harmful or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
How did adware get on your PC
In most cases, the adware spreads together with the setup packages from a free hosting and file sharing web pages. So, install a free software is a a good chance that you will find a bundled adware. If you don’t know how to avoid it, then use a simple trick. During the setup, select the Custom or Advanced setup method. Next, press ‘Decline’ button and clear all checkboxes on offers that ask you to install additional applications. Moreover, please carefully read Term of use and User agreement before installing any programs or otherwise you can end up with another unwanted application on your personal computer like this adware that causes a ton of intrusive Mediadownload.site ads.
To sum up
Now your personal computer should be free of the ad supported software that causes web browsers to show undesired Mediadownload.site pop-ups. We suggest that you keep Zemana Free (to periodically scan your machine for new adwares and other malicious software) and AdGuard (to help you block intrusive popup advertisements and harmful web-pages). Moreover, to prevent any ad-supported software, please stay clear of unknown and third party programs, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to search for PUPs.
If you need more help with Mediadownload.site redirect related issues, go to here.