Cyber threat analysts have confirmed that the SecuryBrowse is a PUP from browser hijacker family. When downloaded and opened onto a personal computer, this hijacker quickly alters the Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge web-browser’s settings like search engine, new tab page and start page to its own web-page. For this reason, every time you start the affected internet browser, it being redirected to the SecuryBrowse web page. Even though you have deleted its address from your internet browser’s settings, after restart your web-browser, the annoying web-site still appears.
When you perform a search via SecuryBrowse, in addition to search results from Yahoo, Bing or Google Custom Search that provide links to web pages, news articles, images or videos you’ll also be shown a huge number of intrusive advertisements. The devs behind SecuryBrowse doing this to generate advertising money from these ads.
While the SecuryBrowse browser hijacker is active, you won’t be able to return the Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome’ settings such as search provider, homepage and new tab page. If you try to set your startpage to be Google, Bing or Yahoo, those settings will be automatically altered to SecuryBrowse with the next personal computer restart. But this does not mean that you should just ignore it or get along with this fact. Because this is not the best option, due to the SecuryBrowse you can have problems with the IE, MS Edge, Google Chrome and Firefox, annoying ads and even personal information theft.
Therefore it’s very important to clean your machine of browser hijacker as quickly as possible. Follow the tutorial below to delete SecuryBrowse, as well as other unwanted software and adware, which can be installed onto your PC along with it.
How to remove SecuryBrowse (removal guide)
There are present several free hijacker infection removal utilities. Also it is possible to delete SecuryBrowse search manually. But we recommend to combine all these solutions below into the one removal algorithm. Follow the steps of the tutorial. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to exit your browser or restart your computer.
To remove SecuryBrowse, complete the following steps:
- Manual SecuryBrowse search removal
- Use free malware removal tools to completely remove SecuryBrowse redirect
- Stop SecuryBrowse redirect and other intrusive webpages
- Don’t know how your web browser has been affected by SecuryBrowse?
- Finish words
Manual SecuryBrowse search removal
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to get rid of the SecuryBrowse search from the Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and MS Edge internet browsers.
Remove PUPs through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
Check out the Microsoft Windows Control Panel (Programs and Features section) to see all installed software. We recommend to click on the “Date Installed” in order to sort the list of applications by the date you installed them. If you see any unknown and suspicious programs, they are the ones you need to remove.
Press Windows button , then press Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will show the Windows Control Panel as displayed in the figure below.
Further, press “Uninstall a program”
It will display a list of all software installed on your system. Scroll through the all list, and delete any questionable and unknown apps.
Remove SecuryBrowse from Chrome
Like other modern web browsers, the Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thereby recover the internet browser homepage, search engine by default and new tab page that have been replaced by the SecuryBrowse browser hijacker.
- First run the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is done, your internet browser’s default search provider, new tab and start page will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of SecuryBrowse from Firefox
The Mozilla Firefox reset will get rid of unwanted search engine and start page like SecuryBrowse, modified preferences, extensions and security settings. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
First, open the Firefox and click button. It will display the drop-down menu on the right-part of the internet browser. Further, click the Help button () as displayed on the image below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the screen below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will display the confirmation prompt. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will begin a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the hijacker infection responsible for redirecting user searches to SecuryBrowse. After, it is finished, click the “Finish” button.
Get rid of SecuryBrowse redirect from Internet Explorer
First, run the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as shown in the following example.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The IE will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as displayed in the figure below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your PC for the changes to take effect.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove SecuryBrowse search
Unfortunately, the hijacker infection responsible for redirects to SecuryBrowse, can also hijack Windows shortcut files (mostly, your web browsers shortcut files), so that the SecuryBrowse homepage will be displayed when you launch the Firefox, Google Chrome, Edge and IE or another browser.
Right click on the web browser’s shortcut file, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://site.address” that has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe.
To save changes, press OK . You need to clean all internet browser’s shortcut files. So, repeat this step for the MS Edge, Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
Use free malware removal tools to completely remove SecuryBrowse redirect
There are not many good free anti malware applications with high detection ratio. The effectiveness of malicious software removal utilities depends on various factors, mostly on how often their virus/malware signatures DB are updated in order to effectively detect modern malware, adware, hijacker infections and other PUPs. We suggest to run several applications, not just one. These programs that listed below will help you remove all components of the hijacker infection from your disk and Windows registry and thereby get rid of SecuryBrowse homepage.
Use Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) to delete hijacker infection
We suggest using the Zemana Anti-Malware which are completely clean your PC of the hijacker. The tool is an advanced malicious software removal application made by (c) Zemana lab. It is able to help you get rid of potentially unwanted apps, browser hijacker infections, ad supported software, malicious software, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your PC for free.
- Click the link below to download the latest version of Zemana for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- When downloading is finished, close all apps and windows on your PC system. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is finished, click the “Scan” button . Zemana Free tool will start scanning the whole personal computer to find out hijacker infection that designed to redirect your browser to the SecuryBrowse webpage. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the Zemana Free utility is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified as being affected by malware.
- When the system scan is complete, you will be shown the list of all found items on your personal computer. Review the scan results and then click “Next”. Once the clean-up is complete, you can be prompted to restart your PC system.
Run Hitman Pro to get rid of SecuryBrowse from the computer
HitmanPro is a free utility which can scan for hijacker infection responsible for redirecting user searches to SecuryBrowse. It is not always easy to locate all the undesired apps that your machine might have picked up on the Internet. HitmanPro will search for the adware, hijackers and other malicious software you need to delete.
- HitmanPro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When the download is finished, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this tool is launched, press “Next” button . HitmanPro utility will start scanning the whole computer to find out browser hijacker that cause SecuryBrowse web page to appear. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your computer and the speed of your computer. While the Hitman Pro is checking, you may see how many objects it has identified either as being malware.
- When HitmanPro has completed scanning, HitmanPro will display you the results. Next, you need to press “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Remove SecuryBrowse with Malwarebytes
We recommend using the Malwarebytes Free. You may download and install Malwarebytes to detect and remove SecuryBrowse search from your personal computer. When installed and updated, the free malware remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on the system.
Click the following link to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Anti Malware for MS Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
When downloading is finished, close all windows on your computer. Further, start the file called mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as displayed in the figure below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” that will allow you set up MalwareBytes Free on the PC system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is complete successfully, click Finish button. Then MalwareBytes Free will automatically run and you can see its main window like below.
Next, click the “Scan Now” button to start checking your system for the SecuryBrowse browser hijacker and other web-browser’s harmful add-ons. While the MalwareBytes utility is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified as being infected by malware.
As the scanning ends, you can check all threats detected on your machine. You may delete threats (move to Quarantine) by simply click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes Anti Malware will delete browser hijacker which redirects your web-browser to annoying SecuryBrowse web-site and move threats to the program’s quarantine. Once disinfection is complete, you may be prompted to restart your computer. We recommend you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to remove hijackers, adware and other malware.
Stop SecuryBrowse redirect and other intrusive webpages
It is also critical to protect your web-browsers from malicious sites and ads by using an ad blocking program such as AdGuard. Security experts says that it will greatly reduce the risk of malware, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard may also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
After downloading it, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown on the screen below.
Follow the prompts. Once the installation is done, you will see a window as shown below.
You can press “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop ads, pages like SecuryBrowse, as well as other harmful or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which can be found on your desktop.
Don’t know how your web browser has been affected by SecuryBrowse?
The SecuryBrowse most likely to occur during the installation of free programs due the fact that potentially unwanted apps like this are usually hidden in the installation package. Thus, if you’ve installed some free software using Quick(Standard) method, you may have let a browser hijacker get inside the machine. Keep in mind that the Quick mode is unreliable because it do not warn about bundled apps. Thus, additional programs will be installed automatically unless you choose Advanced/Custom method and disable its installation.
Once you’ve complete the guidance outlined above, your computer should be free from SecuryBrowse and other PUPs. The Chrome, MS Edge, IE and Firefox will no longer open intrusive SecuryBrowse web-site on startup. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step guide does not help you, then you have caught a new browser hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help here.