What is Erdnt.loc? Is your antivirus software constantly sending alerts of blocked infection of a malicious software called Erdnt.loc? It means that your browser or whole PC system is infected with a nasty malware.
Once started, this virus will be configured to run automatically when MS Windows starts. It may display a huge number of annoying pop ups, add harmful code into pages that you are opening in your browser, hijack web browser’s settings such as home page and search engine, and so on.
Moreover, the Erdnt.loc virus has the ability to gather confidential info. This personal information, in the future, can be transferred to third parties. What creates the risk of theft of privacy info about you
It’s important, do not use your personal computer while it’s infected with the Erdnt.loc virus, as it can lead to the loss of important documents, photos and music or the complete failure of the PC. The best option is to use the step-by-step guide posted below to free your computer of malware, remove Erdnt.loc virus, and thereby return return your PC to the state before infection with the Erdnt.loc.
Remove Erdnt.loc threat from Windows 10 (8, 7, XP)
Without a doubt, the Erdnt.loc virus is harmful to your computer. So you need to quickly and completely delete this malware. To get rid of this virus, you can use the removal guide which are given below and free malicious software removal tool such as Zemana Free, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) or HitmanPro (all are free). We recommend you use automatic removal method that will help you to get rid of Erdnt.loc easily and safely. Manual removal is best used only if you’re well versed in PC system or in the case where virus is not deleted automatically. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your web browser or reboot your computer.
To remove Erdnt.loc, execute the steps below:
- Uninstall suspicious applications using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
- Automatically remove Erdnt.loc with Zemana AntiMalware
- Remove Erdnt.loc virus and malicious extensions with HitmanPro
- How to automatically get rid of Erdnt.loc with Malwarebytes
- Delete Erdnt.loc from IE
- Remove Erdnt.loc virus from Chrome
- Remove Erdnt.loc from Mozilla Firefox
- Use AdBlocker to stay safe online
- To sum up
Uninstall suspicious applications using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
Some of potentially unwanted applications, ad supported software and virus can be deleted using the Add/Remove programs tool that is located in the Microsoft Windows Control Panel. So, if you’re using any version of Microsoft Windows and you have noticed an unwanted program, then first try to delete it through Add/Remove programs.
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will display the Windows Control Panel as on the image below.
Further, press “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all programs installed on your PC system. Scroll through the all list, and delete any suspicious and unknown applications.
Automatically remove Erdnt.loc with Zemana AntiMalware
Zemana Free is a free program for Microsoft Windows OS to find out and delete PUPs, ad supported software, malicious internet browser extensions, browser toolbars, and other undesired applications such as virus and other malicious software and potentially unwanted programs, installed on your computer.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) for Windows. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- Once the downloading process is finished, close all apps and windows on your PC. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is finished, click the “Scan” button . Zemana Anti-Malware tool will start scanning the whole PC system to find out the Erdnt.loc virus related files, folders and registry keys. A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your computer and the speed of your system. While the Zemana utility is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified as being infected by malicious software.
- Once the scan is done, Zemana will produce a list of unwanted applications adware. When you’re ready, press “Next”. When the task is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your machine.
Remove Erdnt.loc virus and malicious extensions with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro is a free removal utility that can check your system for a wide range of security threats such as ad-supported software, malware, PUPs as well as the Erdnt.loc virus related files, folders and registry keys. It will perform a deep scan of your personal computer including hard drives and Windows registry. Once a malicious software is detected, it will help you to remove all detected threats from your PC system by a simple click.
- Visit the following page to download HitmanPro. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once the downloading process is finished, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this tool is started, click “Next” button to start scanning your computer for the Erdnt.loc virus and other malicious software and potentially unwanted programs. Depending on your machine, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a threat is found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly.
- When Hitman Pro completes the scan, HitmanPro will display a list of found threats. Next, you need to press “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to delete all malicious software found.
How to automatically get rid of Erdnt.loc with Malwarebytes
We suggest using the Malwarebytes Free. You may download and install Malwarebytes to detect and remove Erdnt.loc virus from your PC system. When installed and updated, the free malicious software remover will automatically scan and detect all threats exist on the system.
Installing the MalwareBytes Free is simple. First you’ll need to download MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) on your PC system by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
Once the downloading process is finished, close all programs and windows on your system. Double-click the install file called mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as on the image below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” which will help you set up MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) on your system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is complete successfully, click Finish button. MalwareBytes will automatically start and you can see its main screen as shown in the figure below.
Now click the “Scan Now” button for scanning your PC for the Erdnt.loc virus and other kinds of potential threats such as malware and potentially unwanted apps. This process can take some time, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malware.
Once finished, you can check all items detected on your computer. Once you have selected what you wish to remove from your PC system click “Quarantine Selected” button. The MalwareBytes Anti Malware will start to remove virus and other malicious software and PUPs. After disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the PC.
We recommend you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the MalwareBytes to remove adware, browser hijacker and other malicious software.
Delete Erdnt.loc from IE
By resetting IE web browser you return your internet browser settings to its default state. This is first when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by the Erdnt.loc virus.
First, run the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, press “Internet Options” as shown in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The IE will display the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. It will get rid of virus and other malware and potentially unwanted software, disable malicious and ad-supported internet browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings such as newtab, startpage and search provider to default state.
Remove Erdnt.loc virus from Chrome
In this step we are going to show you how to reset Chrome settings. The Erdnt.loc virus can make changes to your web-browser settings, add toolbars and unwanted extensions. By resetting Google Chrome settings you will remove unwanted changes caused by Erdnt.loc . However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
- First, start the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset settings dialog box as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Erdnt.loc from Mozilla Firefox
If Firefox internet browser settings are affected by the Erdnt.loc virus, then ‘Reset Mozilla Firefox’ could solve this problem. Essential information like bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, cookies, auto-fill data and personal dictionaries will not be removed.
First, launch the Firefox and click button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Further, click the Help button () like below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will display the confirmation dialog box. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the virus and other security threats. When, it’s finished, click the “Finish” button.
Use AdBlocker to stay safe online
Use an ad-blocking tool like AdGuard will protect you from harmful advertisements and content. Moreover, you can find that the AdGuard have an option to protect your privacy and block phishing and spam websites. Additionally, ad blocker applications will help you to avoid undesired popup ads and unverified links that also a good way to stay safe online.
AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as displayed on the image below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guide like below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick guidance that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted pop-up ads, as well as other malicious or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
To sum up
Now your PC system should be clean of the Erdnt.loc virus. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop ups and intrusive malicious web-sites) and Zemana Anti-Malware (to periodically scan your PC for new malicious software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete Erdnt.loc threat from your computer, then ask for help here here.