The Quick Package Finder is classified as browser hijacker. It rewrites your Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Internet Explorer’s startpage, newtab and search engine by default and can redirect your web browser to some annoying web pages. Of course, it is not a malicious software or virus in the “general meaning” of this word. It’ll not delete or damage your files, but it can alter some computer’s settings. So, you’d better to remove Quick Package Finder hijacker using the step-by-step guide below and thereby return your preferred startpage and search provider.
The hijacker may also set up the Quick Package Finder site as the Internet Explorer, MS Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Chrome default search provider that cause search redirects via the website. In this way, authors of the hijacker have an opportunity to display various advertisements together with the search results for your query. These unwanted ads will be combined in the redirected webpage. This can bring tons of profit for authors of the browser hijacker infection.
Although, Quick Package Finder browser hijacker is not a virus, but it does bad things, and it makes changes to some settings of web-browsers. Moreover, an adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) can be additionally installed on to your personal computer with this hijacker, which will display lots of ads, or even massive full page ads that blocks surfing the Internet. Often such these advertisements can recommend to install other unknown and unwanted apps or visit harmful web sites.
In order to delete browser hijacker which alters web browser settings to replace your search provider, newtab page and startpage with Quick Package Finder web-site from your computer, clean the infected browsers and revert back the Internet Explorer, Firefox, MS Edge and Google Chrome settings to its default state, please use the Quick Package Finder removal instructions below.
How to remove Quick Package Finder from Google Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
Without a doubt, the browser hijacker infection is harmful to your personal computer. So you need to quickly and completely remove this malware. To remove this browser hijacker, you can use the manual removal guide which are given below or free malicious software removal utility such as Zemana Anti Malware, MalwareBytes AntiMalware or HitmanPro (all are free). We recommend you use automatic removal way which will help you to remove Quick Package Finder easily and safely. Manual removal is best used only if you are well versed in PC or in the case where browser hijacker infection is not uninstalled automatically. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your web browser or restart your PC system.
To remove Quick Package Finder, use the following steps:
- How to get rid of Quick Package Finder manually
- Scan your personal computer and delete Quick Package Finder with free utilities
- Stop Quick Package Finder and other intrusive webpages
- How did you get infected with Quick Package Finder hijacker
- To sum up
How to get rid of Quick Package Finder manually
Steps to get rid of Quick Package Finder hijacker infection without any programs are presented below. Be sure to carry out the step-by-step steps completely to fully remove this intrusive Quick Package Finder redirect.
Delete Quick Package Finder associated software by using Windows Control Panel
First method for manual browser hijacker infection removal is to go into the Windows “Control Panel”, then “Uninstall a program” console. Take a look at the list of apps on your PC system and see if there are any questionable and unknown applications. If you see any, you need to remove them. Of course, before doing so, you can do an World Wide Web search to find details on the application. If it is a potentially unwanted application, adware or malware, you will likely find information that says so.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next press Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will show the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will open a list of all programs installed on the computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove questionable and unknown apps. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort apps by date.
See more details in the video guide below.
Get rid of Quick Package Finder redirect from Mozilla Firefox
If the Mozilla Firefox browser startpage, new tab and search provider by default are changed to Quick Package Finder and you want to restore the settings back to their original state, then you should follow the instructions below. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
First, start the Firefox and click button. It will display the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Further, click the Help button () as shown in the figure below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the screen below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will show the confirmation dialog box. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will start a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the browser hijacker responsible for Quick Package Finder startpage. Once, it is finished, press the “Finish” button.
Get rid of Quick Package Finder home page from Microsoft Internet Explorer
First, start the Internet Explorer, press ) button. Next, press “Internet Options” as displayed in the following example.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The IE will display the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect. It will remove hijacker infection that modifies browser settings to replace your new tab page, homepage and default search engine with Quick Package Finder web site, disable malicious and ad-supported web-browser’s extensions and restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings like default search provider, start page and new tab page to default state.
Get rid of Quick Package Finder from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a easy way to get rid of the browser hijacker, malicious and ‘ad-supported’ extensions, as well as to restore the browser’s home page, new tab page and search provider by default that have been changed by Quick Package Finder hijacker.
- First, run the Google Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed plugins. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset settings prompt as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Scan your personal computer and delete Quick Package Finder with free utilities
Many antivirus companies have made applications that help detect and remove browser hijacker, and thereby restore installed web-browsers settings. Below is a a few of the free applications you may want to use. Your system can have lots of PUPs, ‘ad supported’ software and browser hijackers installed at the same time, so we suggest, if any unwanted or malicious program returns after restarting the PC system, then boot your system into Safe Mode and use the anti-malware tool once again.
Run Zemana to remove browser hijacker
Zemana highly recommended, because it can find security threats such adware and hijackers which most ‘classic’ antivirus software fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any Quick Package Finder hijacker removal problems which cannot be fixed by this tool automatically, then Zemana Anti Malware provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of Zemana Free for Windows. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the downloading process is finished, please close all apps and open windows on your PC. Next, start a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Free onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti-Malware will open and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button . Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) utility will begin scanning the whole system to find out Quick Package Finder browser hijacker and other browser’s malicious extensions. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your computer and the speed of your system. While the Zemana AntiMalware tool is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as being infected by malware.
- After the scan is done, the results are displayed in the scan report.
- Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and press the “Next” button. The tool will remove browser hijacker infection which cause Quick Package Finder web page to appear and add items to the Quarantine. After that process is complete, you may be prompted to reboot the system.
- Close the Zemana Free and continue with the next step.
Scan and clean your PC of hijacker with Hitman Pro
Hitman Pro is a completely free (30 day trial) utility. You don’t need expensive ways to delete hijacker which redirects your web-browser to intrusive Quick Package Finder web-page and other misleading software. Hitman Pro will uninstall all the undesired applications like adware and hijackers for free.
- Visit the page linked below to download HitmanPro. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once downloading is finished, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this tool is started, click “Next” button to perform a system scan for the hijacker related to Quick Package Finder . Depending on your PC, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the Hitman Pro program is checking, you may see number of objects it has identified as threat.
- Once the scan is finished, HitmanPro will show you the results. Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click “Next” button. Now press the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to delete all malicious software found.
Run Malwarebytes to remove Quick Package Finder redirect
Manual Quick Package Finder removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the browser hijacker infection may be not completely removed. We recommend that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely free your PC of browser hijacker. Moreover, the free program will help you to remove malware, PUPs, adware and toolbars that your computer can be infected too.
- MalwareBytes Anti Malware can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once downloading is complete, please close all software and open windows on your personal computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) onto your personal computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) will start and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes tool will start scanning the whole machine to find out browser hijacker infection responsible for redirecting your browser to Quick Package Finder webpage. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes AntiMalware is checking, you may see how many objects it has identified either as being malware.
- After MalwareBytes Free has completed scanning, a list of all threats found is prepared.
- Review the results once the utility has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply press the “Quarantine Selected” button. After disinfection is done, you may be prompted to reboot the system.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Stop Quick Package Finder and other intrusive webpages
It is important to run ad-blocker applications such as AdGuard to protect your system from malicious websites. Most security experts says that it’s okay to block ads. You should do so just to stay safe! And, of course, the AdGuard can to stop Quick Package Finder and other intrusive web pages.
Visit the following page to download the latest version of AdGuard for MS Windows. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as displayed on the screen below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick instructions as on the image below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick guidance that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop up ads, Quick Package Finder redirect, as well as other malicious or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that may be found on your desktop.
How did you get infected with Quick Package Finder hijacker
To sum up
Once you have complete the step-by-step instructions above, your computer should be free from browser hijacker which cause Quick Package Finder site to appear and other malware. The MS Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome will no longer show annoying Quick Package Finder web site on startup. Unfortunately, if the tutorial does not help you, then you have caught a new browser hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help here.