Have you become that the Firefox, Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Google Chrome are rerouted to the previously unseen web-page called Runtnc.net (or katie.runtnc.net, sarah.runtnc.net, sandra.runtnc.net, amanda.runtnc.net), instead of the one you want to see? It could mean that your web browser is infected by the nasty adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software). The adware is a part of harmful software that created to open tons of intrusive popups. You need to follow the step-by-step guidance below without a wait. It’ll clear your machine from adware that generates tons of pop up ads in the internet browser and thereby remove the redirect to Runtnc.net page.
As well as undesired web browser redirects to Runtnc.net, the ad-supported software can gather your Net surfing activity by recording URLs visited, IP addresses, web browser version and type, cookie information, Internet Service Provider (ISP) and web pages visited. Such kind of behavior can lead to serious security problems or privacy data theft. This is another reason why the adware that responsible for web-browser redirect to the unwanted Runtnc.net page, is classified as potentially unwanted application (PUA).
The adware often modify all web browser shortcuts which located on your Desktop to force you visit some intrusive ad webpages. As a result, your web-browser can still redirect you to an undesired ad web page despite your system is actually clean of adware and other malware.
As evident, the ad-supported software is a potentially unwanted program and should not be used. If you noticed any of the symptoms mentioned above, we advise you to perform few simple steps below to get rid of the ‘ad supported’ software and remove Runtnc.net pop up advertisements from your web browser.
How to remove Runtnc.net redirect
We can help you remove Runtnc.net from your web browsers, without the need to take your system to a professional. Simply follow the removal tutorial below if you currently have the undesired ad supported software on your system and want to remove it. If you’ve any difficulty while trying to get rid of the ad supported software responsible for redirections to Runtnc.net, feel free to ask for our assist in the comment section below. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to exit your web-browser or restart your machine.
To remove Runtnc.net, complete the following steps:
- How to manually delete Runtnc.net
- Runtnc.net pop up advertisements automatic removal
- How to stop Runtnc.net ads
- Tips to prevent Runtnc.net pop up advertisements and other unwanted programs
- To sum up
How to manually delete Runtnc.net
The useful removal steps for the Runtnc.net popups. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to get rid of Runtnc.net pop-ups let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
Uninstall PUPs through the Windows Control Panel
We recommend that you start the PC system cleaning procedure by checking the list of installed applications and delete all unknown or questionable applications. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the harmful applications such as adware and hijackers may be bundled with free software. Delete the unwanted applications can get rid of the intrusive advertisements or browser redirect.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as displayed below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel as shown on the screen below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of programs installed on your machine. Most probably, one of them is the adware which redirects your web browser to annoying Runtnc.net webpage. If you’ve many apps installed, you can help simplify the search of malicious applications by sort the list by date of installation. Once you’ve found a suspicious, unwanted or unused application, right click to it, after that click ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
After the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to click ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as displayed in the following example.
You will see a list of applications installed on your machine. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the applications that were installed last. Most probably, it is the adware that responsible for internet browser reroute to the undesired Runtnc.net site. If you’re in doubt, you can always check the program by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. After the program which you need to remove is found, simply click on its name, and then press ‘Uninstall’ as on the image below.
Remove Runtnc.net pop-up advertisements from Mozilla Firefox
If your Mozilla Firefox web browser is rerouted to Runtnc.net without your permission or an unknown search provider displays results for your search, then it may be time to perform the browser reset. It’ll save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
Launch the Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the web browser screen. Next, press the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will display the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed on the image below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the ‘ad supported’ software that responsible for web browser redirect to the undesired Runtnc.net page. After, it’s finished, click the “Finish” button.
Get rid of Runtnc.net redirect from Internet Explorer
If you find that Internet Explorer internet browser settings like newtab page, start page and search engine by default had been replaced by adware that made to redirect your internet browser to various ad web-pages like Runtnc.net, then you may revert back your settings, via the reset internet browser procedure.
First, open the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web browser, then click the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button as displayed on the screen below.
Once the process is finished, press “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s newtab, search provider by default and start page to default state.
Remove Runtnc.net pop up ads from Chrome
If your Chrome web-browser is rerouted to annoying Runtnc.net web page, it may be necessary to completely reset your internet browser program to its default settings.
- First, start the Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed addons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset settings dialog box as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the web browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Runtnc.net pop up advertisements automatic removal
It’s not enough to remove Runtnc.net ads from your internet browser by following the manual steps above to solve all problems. Some the ad supported software related files may remain on your PC and they will recover the adware even after you get rid of it. For that reason we recommend to run free anti-malware utility like Zemana Free, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) and Hitman Pro. Either of those programs should can be used to search for and remove ad supported software responsible for Runtnc.net popup ads.
How to automatically remove Runtnc.net popup ads with Zemana Anti-malware
We recommend using the Zemana Anti-malware. You can download and install Zemana Anti-malware to detect and delete Runtnc.net redirect from the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Edge web browsers. When installed and updated, the malicious software remover will automatically check and detect all threats present on your machine.
- Zemana Anti-Malware can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- When the download is done, close all programs and windows on your PC system. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is done, press the “Scan” button to begin checking your system for the ad supported software that causes multiple intrusive ads. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the Zemana Anti Malware is checking, you may see number of objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- When Zemana AntiMalware has finished scanning, you will be opened the list of all found items on your system. You may get rid of threats (move to Quarantine) by simply click “Next”. Once the task is complete, you may be prompted to reboot your PC.
Use Hitman Pro to delete Runtnc.net pop ups
The Hitman Pro utility is free (30 day trial) and easy to use. It can check and delete malicious software, potentially unwanted apps and adware in Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox internet browsers and thereby remove all annoying Runtnc.net popup ads. HitmanPro is powerful enough to find and remove malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the machine.
- Visit the page linked below to download Hitman Pro. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once the downloading process is finished, launch the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, press the “Next” . HitmanPro program will scan through the whole personal computer for the ad supported software that causes lots of intrusive Runtnc.net pop up advertisements. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your computer and the speed of your PC. During the scan HitmanPro will find threats exist on your personal computer.
- When the scan is finished, a list of all items detected is created. When you are ready, click “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to delete all malware found.
How to remove Runtnc.net with Malwarebytes
We suggest using the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your PC of the adware. The free utility is an advanced malicious software removal application made by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular antimalware technology. It’s able to help you remove unwanted Runtnc.net popup advertisements from your internet browsers, potentially unwanted software, malicious software, hijackers, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your computer for free.
Installing the MalwareBytes Free is simple. First you will need to download MalwareBytes by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
When the downloading process is complete, close all programs and windows on your PC system. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup like below.
When the installation starts, you will see the “Setup wizard” which will help you set up Malwarebytes on your PC.
Once install is finished, you will see window as displayed on the screen below.
Now press the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes utility will begin scanning the whole personal computer to find out ad supported software responsible for Runtnc.net redirect. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
Once MalwareBytes Free has finished scanning, you will be opened the list of all detected threats on your machine. Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes will now begin to delete adware that responsible for web-browser redirect to the annoying Runtnc.net site. When disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to restart your computer.
The following video explains steps on how to get rid of browser hijacker, adware and other malware with MalwareBytes Free.
How to stop Runtnc.net ads
It is also critical to protect your web-browsers from malicious web sites and advertisements by using an ad blocking program like AdGuard. Security experts says that it’ll greatly reduce the risk of malware, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard can also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
- Download AdGuard on your MS Windows Desktop from the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop up advertisements, web pages like Runtnc.net, as well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that may be found on your desktop.
Tips to prevent Runtnc.net pop up advertisements and other unwanted programs
It’s very important to pay attention to additional checkboxes during the install of free software to avoid installing of potentially unwanted applications, adware, hijackers or other unwanted software. Never set up the additional applications that the program wants to install with it. Inattentive freeware download can result in installation of unwanted application like this adware responsible for Runtnc.net pop up ads.
To sum up
Once you have complete the guide shown above, your machine should be clean from ad-supported software that causes browsers to show undesired Runtnc.net popups and other malware. The Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge, Google Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer will no longer redirect you to various annoying web-sites similar to Runtnc.net. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new ad supported software, and then the best way – ask for help here.