What is Shutdown Timer? Security experts has determined that Shutdown Timer is a malicious software from the adware family. In many cases, the Shutdown Timer come bundled with the installers from a free hosting and file sharing sites. So, install a freeware is a a good chance that you will find a bundled malware. If you don’t know how to avoid it, then use a simple trick. During the install, choose the Custom or Advanced setup method. Next, click ‘Decline’ button and clear all checkboxes on offers that ask you to install additional applications.
The Shutdown Timer virus can send information about your PC to a remote malicious hacker; reroute your web-browser to malicious, misleading and spam websites; use your machine for click fraud and other dangerous and harmful actions.
And finally, the Shutdown Timer virus has the ability to gather a wide variety of user information such as what pages you’re opening, what you’re looking for the Net and so on. This information, in the future, may be sold to third party companies.
We advise you to delete Shutdown Timer virus and clean your PC of any malicious software immediately, until the presence of this virus has not led to even worse consequences. You need to perform the steps below that will assist you to completely get rid of Shutdown Timer , using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free utilities.
Remove Shutdown Timer (removal guide)
When a malicious software like the Shutdown Timer virus gets installed on your PC system without your knowledge, it’s not easy to remove. Most often, there is no Uninstall application that simply uninstall Shutdown Timer from your machine. So, we recommend using several well-proven free specialized tools like Zemana, MalwareBytes Free or HitmanPro. But the best solution to remove Shutdown Timer virus will be to perform several manual steps, after that additionally run antimalware tools.
To remove Shutdown Timer, complete the following steps:
- Remove Shutdown Timer associated software by using MS Windows Control Panel
- Use Zemana Anti-Malware to delete virus
- Scan your system and delete Shutdown Timer with HitmanPro
- Get rid of Shutdown Timer with Malwarebytes
- Remove Shutdown Timer from Chrome
- Remove Shutdown Timer virus from Internet Explorer
- Remove Shutdown Timer from Mozilla Firefox
- Use AdBlocker to stay safe online
- To sum up
Remove Shutdown Timer associated software by using MS Windows Control Panel
Some of potentially unwanted software, adware and virus can be uninstalled using the Add/Remove programs tool that can be found in the Microsoft Windows Control Panel. So, if you’re running any version of MS Windows and you have noticed an unwanted program, then first try to get rid of it through Add/Remove programs.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Next, press “Uninstall a program”
It will display a list of all programs installed on your PC system. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort applications by date in the Control panel.
Use Zemana Anti-Malware to delete virus
You can delete Shutdown Timer virus automatically with a help of Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM). We suggest this malware removal tool because it can easily remove viruss, PUPs, ad-supported software and toolbars with all their components such as folders, files and registry entries.
- Installing the Zemana Anti Malware is simple. First you will need to download Zemana Free on your PC from the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- After the download is done, close all applications and windows on your computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is finished, click the “Scan” button to start checking your computer for the virus and other malicious software and PUPs. When a malware, adware or PUPs are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- When the system scan is done, Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will open you the results. Review the results once the tool has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next”. Once the procedure is complete, you can be prompted to restart your PC.
Scan your system and delete Shutdown Timer with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro is a free removal tool that can be downloaded and run to remove hijacker infections, ‘ad supported’ software, malicious software, PUPs, toolbars and other threats from your system. You can run this tool to look for threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security program.
Click the following link to download HitmanPro. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
When the download is finished, open the directory in which you saved it and double-click the Hitman Pro icon. It will launch the HitmanPro tool. If the User Account Control prompt will ask you want to run the program, click Yes button to continue.
Next, press “Next” to perform a system scan for the virus and other security threats. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your PC and the speed of your personal computer. While the HitmanPro utility is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified as being affected by malicious software.
After Hitman Pro has finished scanning, a list of all items detected is produced as on the image below.
Once you have selected what you wish to remove from your PC system click “Next” button. It will display a prompt, press the “Activate free license” button. The HitmanPro will delete virus and other malicious software and PUPs and move threats to the program’s quarantine. When that process is finished, the utility may ask you to restart your computer.
Get rid of Shutdown Timer with Malwarebytes
Delete Shutdown Timer virus manually is difficult and often the virus is not completely removed. Therefore, we suggest you to run the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your personal computer. Moreover, the free program will help you to remove malicious software, PUPs, toolbars and adware that your PC can be infected too.
- Click the link below to download MalwareBytes AntiMalware. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the downloading process is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your machine. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) onto your personal computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Free will launch and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to begin checking your PC for the virus related files, folders and registry keys. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. When a threat is found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- When that process is finished, MalwareBytes will show you the results.
- Review the scan results and then click the “Quarantine Selected” button. After the clean up is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Remove Shutdown Timer from Chrome
Reset Chrome settings can help you remove unwanted changes caused by Shutdown Timer virus. This will also disable harmful extensions as well as clear cookies and site data. However, your saved bookmarks and passwords will not be lost.
First open the Google Chrome. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will open the Google Chrome menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Google Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Google Chrome menu once again. Further, click the option called “Settings”.
The browser will display the settings screen. Another solution to display the Google Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the web browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, like below and press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Google Chrome will display the confirmation prompt as shown in the following example.
You need to confirm your action, press the “Reset” button. The browser will run the procedure of cleaning. Once it is finished, the browser’s settings including search provider, new tab and home page back to the values that have been when the Chrome was first installed on your computer.
Remove Shutdown Timer virus from Internet Explorer
If you find that Microsoft Internet Explorer browser settings had been hijacked by the Shutdown Timer virus, then you may restore your settings, via the reset web browser process.
First, open the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, press “Internet Options” as shown in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect. It will remove virus and other security threats, disable malicious and ad-supported internet browser’s extensions and restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings such as search engine, newtab and start page to default state.
Remove Shutdown Timer from Mozilla Firefox
The Mozilla Firefox reset will get rid of modified preferences, extensions and security settings. It will save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
Press the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and press the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as displayed on the image below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the image below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to restore your Firefox internet browser settings to their default state.
Use AdBlocker to stay safe online
We suggest to install an ad blocker application which can block malicious web-pages, unwanted advertisements and other annoying websites. Experienced security researchers says that using adblocker programs is necessary to stay safe when surfing the World Wide Web.
Download AdGuard from the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen like below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guide as displayed in the figure below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and stop unwanted ads, as well as other harmful or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which may be found on your desktop.
To sum up
Once you’ve finished the step-by-step tutorial shown above, your personal computer should be clean from Shutdown Timer and other malware. Your antivirus will no longer detect any security threats. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new malware, and then the best way – ask for help here.