Every time, when you run your web-browser the Weather Update website that you do not remember installing as home page or search provider keeps annoying you? Weather Update is a program that falls under the category of browser hijackers. It can end up on your personal computer in various ways. Most commonly is when you download and install another free program and forget to uncheck the box for the additional apps installation. Do not panic because we have got the solution. Here’s a tutorial on how to remove Weather Update from any internet browsers, including the Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome.
Besides the fact that Weather Update hijacker modifies your homepage, this unwanted web site may set yourself as your search provider. But, obviously, it does not give you a good search results, as they will consist of lots of advertisements, links to undesired and ad pages and only the remaining part is search results for your query from the major search providers. Of course, the very fact that you encounter with the inability to properly search the World Wide Web, is an unpleasant moment.
As well as unwanted Weather Update search redirects, this browser hijacker may gather your Web browsing activity by saving URLs visited, IP addresses, browser version and type, cookie information, Internet Service Provider (ISP) and websites visited. Such kind of behavior can lead to serious security problems or personal info theft. This is another reason why the hijacker infection that redirects the web browser to Weather Update, is categorized as potentially unwanted application (PUA).
So, if you happen to encounter unwanted Weather Update search, then be quick and take effort to remove browser hijacker infection that responsible for web browser redirect to the intrusive Weather Update website sooner. Follow the guidance below to get rid of Weather Update home page. Let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
Remove Weather Update from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
The Weather Update is a browser hijacker that you might have difficulty in uninstalling it from your PC system. Luckily, you have found the effective removal guide in this post. Both the manual removal method and the automatic removal method will be provided below and you can just select the one that best for you. If you have any questions or need assist then type a comment below. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to exit your web-browser or restart your computer.
To remove Weather Update, use the following steps:
- How to remove Weather Update manually
- How to remove Weather Update with freeware
- How to stop Weather Update redirect
- Method of Weather Update hijacker infection intrusion into your computer
- To sum up
How to remove Weather Update manually
To get rid of Weather Update browser hijacker, ‘ad supported’ software and other unwanted apps you can try to do so manually. Unfortunately some of the hijackers won’t show up in your program list, but some hijackers may. In this case, you may be able to remove it via the uninstall function of your MS Windows computer. You can do this by completing the steps below.
Uninstall potentially unwanted programs through the MS Windows Control Panel
We suggest that you begin the personal computer cleaning procedure by checking the list of installed applications and delete all unknown or dubious software. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the harmful software such as adware and browser hijackers may be bundled with free programs. Delete the unwanted apps can get rid of the intrusive ads or internet browser redirect.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Next, press “Uninstall a program”
It will display a list of all applications installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and delete any dubious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed apps, we recommend sort apps by date in the Control panel.
Remove Weather Update from Chrome
In order to be sure that there is nothing left behind, we recommend you to reset Google Chrome web-browser. It will restore Chrome settings including new tab page, default search provider and startpage to defaults.
- First, start the Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset settings prompt as on the image above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Weather Update search from Mozilla Firefox
Resetting your Mozilla Firefox is good initial troubleshooting step for any issues with your web-browser application, including the redirect to Weather Update webpage. When using the reset feature, your personal information such as passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
Start the Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the internet browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will display the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed on the screen below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The Firefox will start a process to fix your problems that caused by the Weather Update browser hijacker infection and other web browser’s harmful extensions. When, it’s complete, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Weather Update startpage from Internet Explorer
In order to restore all internet browser default search provider, newtab page and home page you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the Windows was installed on your system.
First, open the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” as displayed on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window like below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
How to remove Weather Update with freeware
There are not many good free anti-malware programs with high detection ratio. The effectiveness of malicious software removal utilities depends on various factors, mostly on how often their virus/malware signatures DB are updated in order to effectively detect modern malicious software, adware, hijackers and other potentially unwanted apps. We recommend to use several applications, not just one. These applications that listed below will help you remove all components of the hijacker from your disk and Windows registry and thereby remove Weather Update search.
Scan and free your computer of Weather Update with Zemana Anti Malware
Zemana AntiMalware is a utility that can remove adware, PUPs, browser hijackers and other malware from your PC system easily and for free. Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) is compatible with most antivirus software. It works under Windows (10 – XP, 32 and 64 bit) and uses minimum of PC system resources.
- Zemana Anti Malware can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: February 14, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When downloading is complete, please close all apps and open windows on your personal computer. Next, launch a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of Zemana AntiMalware onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti-Malware will launch and show the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button . Zemana Free application will scan through the whole PC for the browser hijacker responsible for redirecting your browser to Weather Update website. Depending on your machine, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- When the scan is finished, Zemana AntiMalware will show a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been detected.
- When you are ready, click the “Next” button. The tool will get rid of hijacker that redirects your internet browser to undesired Weather Update web page and move threats to the program’s quarantine. Once that process is finished, you may be prompted to restart the system.
- Close the Zemana Free and continue with the next step.
Scan your PC system and remove Weather Update search with HitmanPro
The Hitman Pro utility is free and easy to use. It may scan and remove hijacker responsible for modifying your browser settings to Weather Update, malicious software, PUPs and adware from personal computer (Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 7, XP) and thereby restore web-browsers default settings (start page, new tab page and search provider). HitmanPro is powerful enough to scan for and get rid of malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the personal computer.
Click the link below to download the latest version of Hitman Pro for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and run Hitman Pro on your computer. Once started, click “Next” button to scan for hijacker responsible for redirects to Weather Update. While the tool is scanning, you may see number of objects and files has already scanned..
Once the scan get completed, the results are displayed in the scan report.
You may delete threats (move to Quarantine) by simply press Next button.
It will display a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
How to automatically remove Weather Update with Malwarebytes
We recommend using the Malwarebytes Free. You may download and install Malwarebytes to detect and remove Weather Update search from your personal computer. When installed and updated, the free malware remover will automatically scan and detect all threats exist on the PC system.
- Download MalwareBytes on your computer from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the download is done, please close all programs and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes onto your system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes will start and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the hijacker infection responsible for Weather Update redirect. Depending on your personal computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour.
- After that process is done, MalwareBytes AntiMalware will produce a list of unwanted programs adware.
- Review the report and then press the “Quarantine Selected” button. Once the process is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the machine.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stop Weather Update redirect
In order to increase your security and protect your personal computer against new unwanted ads and malicious web pages, you need to use ad blocking program that stops an access to harmful ads and pages. Moreover, the application can stop the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the setup is complete, click “Skip” to close the install application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and block unwanted pop-up advertisements, stop Weather Update redirect, as well as other harmful or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
Method of Weather Update hijacker infection intrusion into your computer
To sum up
Now your personal computer should be clean of the hijacker responsible for Weather Update redirect. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop up ads and undesired harmful pages) and Zemana Anti Malware (to periodically scan your system for new malicious software, browser hijackers and ad supported software). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijackers, malicious apps and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Weather Update redirect from your web browser, then ask for help here.