The Livemediasearch.run instead of your homepage is a sign of appearance of browser hijacker on your PC system. It can bring a security risk to your computer. So, do not ignore it! Of course, the Livemediasearch.run is just a webpage, but the hijacker infection uses it to change your newtab, homepage and search provider, without your permission and desire to see it. The Livemediasearch.run as your home page can be just the beginning, because your PC has been hijacked by a malicious software, that in the future may increase the amount of problems with the Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Microsoft Edge and IE. Its appearance will prevent you normally browse the Web, and more, may lead to crash the internet browser.
When the Livemediasearch.run hijacker is installed on a personal computer, it might:
- set livemediasearch.run as default search provider, new tab, and home page;
- prevent users from changing search provider or homepage address;
- redirect your queries to sponsored web sites;
- provide altered search results;
- record your search queries;
- randomly redirects to questionable pages;
- display annoying ads;
- collect Net browsing habits and transfer it to third parties.
Also, ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) may be installed on the PC together with Livemediasearch.run browser hijacker. It will insert lots of ads directly to the pages that you view, creating a sense that advertisements has been added by the makers of the website. Moreover, legal ads may be replaced on fake ads which will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful applications. Moreover, the Livemediasearch.run browser hijacker has the ability to collect personal info that can be later sold to third party companies.
To find out how to get rid of Livemediasearch.run redirect, we recommend to read the guidance added to this post below. The instructions was prepared by security specialists who discovered a method to delete the annoying Livemediasearch.run browser hijacker out of the PC system.
How to remove Livemediasearch.run
Not all undesired applications such as Livemediasearch.run hijacker and other web-browser’s harmful addons are easily uninstallable. You might see a new homepage, new tab, search engine and other type of unwanted changes to the Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge settings and might not be able to figure out the program responsible for this activity. The reason for this is that many undesired software neither appear in Microsoft Windows Control Panel. Therefore in order to completely delete Livemediasearch.run redirect, you need to follow the steps below. Some of the steps will require you to reboot your PC or shut down this webpage. So, read this instructions carefully, then bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove Livemediasearch.run, execute the steps below:
- How to remove Livemediasearch.run manually
- How to remove Livemediasearch.run with free applications
- How to stop Livemediasearch.run
- Tips to prevent Livemediasearch.run and other unwanted software
- To sum up
How to remove Livemediasearch.run manually
The tutorial will help you get rid of Livemediasearch.run startpage. These Livemediasearch.run removal steps work for the Chrome, Firefox, Edge and IE, as well as every version of Microsoft Windows operating system.
Delete questionable software using MS Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and uninstall the program that causes the appearance of undesired ads or web browser redirect, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Microsoft Windows logo, and then press Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as shown in the following example.
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as displayed on the image below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and select the ‘Control Panel’ at right as shown in the figure below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 7 or Vista) like below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed applications and remove all questionable and unknown apps. We suggest to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed programs by date. Once you’ve found anything suspicious that may be the browser hijacker that causes internet browsers to show unwanted Livemediasearch.run web site or other PUP (potentially unwanted program), then select this program and press ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the questionable program blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to completely get rid of it from your system.
Get rid of Livemediasearch.run from Chrome
Another way to remove Livemediasearch.run from Google Chrome is Reset Google Chrome settings. This will disable harmful extensions and reset Google Chrome settings including home page, new tab page and search provider to original settings. When using the reset feature, your personal information such as passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
- First, run the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset settings dialog box as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Livemediasearch.run from IE
The Microsoft Internet Explorer reset is great if your browser is hijacked or you’ve unwanted extensions or toolbars on your web-browser, that installed by a malware.
First, run the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, press “Internet Options” as displayed below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect. It will delete browser hijacker that responsible for internet browser redirect to the unwanted Livemediasearch.run web site, disable malicious and ad-supported browser’s extensions and restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings like default search engine, new tab page and startpage to default state.
Remove Livemediasearch.run from Firefox by resetting web browser settings
Resetting your Mozilla Firefox is first troubleshooting step for any issues with your internet browser application, including the redirect to Livemediasearch.run website. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
First, open the Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the screen below.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Fix affected web browsers shortcuts to delete Livemediasearch.run redirect
Unfortunately, the browser hijacker which designed to redirect your internet browser to the Livemediasearch.run web-site, can also hijack Windows shortcut files (mostly, your web-browsers shortcuts), so that the Livemediasearch.run homepage will be displayed when you launch the Firefox, Edge, Internet Explorer and Chrome or another browser.
To clear the internet browser shortcut file, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text such as “http://site.address” which has been added here. You need to delete it.
When the text is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your browsers, as they may be hijacked too.
How to remove Livemediasearch.run with free applications
Run malware removal utilities to remove Livemediasearch.run automatically. The free applications utilities specially developed for browser hijacker, ‘ad supported’ software and other potentially unwanted software removal. These utilities can delete most of browser hijacker from MS Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. Moreover, it can remove all components of Livemediasearch.run from Windows registry and system drives.
Automatically remove Livemediasearch.run with Zemana Free
You can delete Livemediasearch.run redirect automatically with a help of Zemana Free. We suggest this malicious software removal utility because it may easily delete browser hijacker infections, potentially unwanted apps, ad-supported software and toolbars with all their components such as folders, files and registry entries.
- Please go to the link below to download Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM). Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When downloading is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your PC. Next, launch a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana onto your machine. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will start and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to begin checking your computer for the browser hijacker that responsible for internet browser redirect to the undesired Livemediasearch.run web-site. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the tool is checking, you can see number of objects and files has already scanned.
- When Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) has completed scanning, Zemana AntiMalware will display you the results.
- Review the results once the utility has done the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click the “Next” button. The tool will start to get rid of browser hijacker that cause a reroute to Livemediasearch.run web page. After finished, you may be prompted to restart the PC system.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) and continue with the next step.
Scan and free your PC system of hijacker with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro is a free removal tool that can be downloaded and run to remove hijackers, adware, malware, potentially unwanted apps, toolbars and other threats from your system. You can run this tool to find threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security application.
- HitmanPro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the download is done, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this tool is opened, click “Next” button to look for browser hijacker that cause Livemediasearch.run website to appear. Depending on your PC, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a threat is detected, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is complete.
- Once HitmanPro has completed scanning, a list of all threats detected is created. Review the results once the tool has done the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to delete all malicious software found.
Scan and clean your computer of hijacker with Malwarebytes
You can get rid of Livemediasearch.run automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We suggest this free malicious software removal tool because it may easily delete browser hijackers, adware, potentially unwanted programs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
Installing the MalwareBytes Free is simple. First you will need to download MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
After downloading is complete, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the MalwareBytes Free will try to update itself and when this procedure is finished, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the hijacker responsible for redirecting user searches to Livemediasearch.run. When a threat is detected, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is complete. You may get rid of items (move to Quarantine) by simply press “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes Free is a free program that you can use to get rid of all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malicious software removal tool, we advise you to read and follow the few simple steps or the video guide below.
How to stop Livemediasearch.run
If you want to remove undesired advertisements, internet browser redirects and pop-ups, then install an ad blocking program such as AdGuard. It can block Livemediasearch.run, advertisements, popups and stop sites from tracking your online activities when using the Microsoft Internet Explorer, MS Edge, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. So, if you like browse the Internet, but you do not like intrusive ads and want to protect your system from malicious websites, then the AdGuard is your best choice.
Download AdGuard on your computer from the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
After downloading it, double-click the downloaded file to launch it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as displayed below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guide as shown on the screen below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick guidance that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your machine, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop ups, web-sites like Livemediasearch.run, as well as other malicious or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which can be found on your desktop.
Tips to prevent Livemediasearch.run and other unwanted software
The hijacker which cause Livemediasearch.run web page to appear, can be categorized as potentially unwanted application (PUA) which commonly comes on the system with other free applications. Most commonly, this unwanted program comes without the user’s knowledge. Therefore, many users aren’t even aware that their computer has been hijacked by malware. Please follow the easy rules in order to protect your computer from any undesired apps: don’t install any suspicious apps, read the user agreement and select only the Custom, Manual or Advanced setup mode, don’t rush to click the Next button. Also, always try to find a review of the program on the Internet. Be careful and attentive! If Livemediasearch.run has already come into your PC, then you need to scan your machine for browser hijacker and other malicious software. Use our detailed steps which are listed above.
To sum up
Once you have finished the step-by-step guidance shown above, your computer should be clean from this hijacker and other malware. The MS Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome will no longer display annoying Livemediasearch.run site on startup. Unfortunately, if the guidance does not help you, then you have caught a new hijacker infection, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted Livemediasearch.run start page.