If you’re reading this blog post, the chances are, you are doing so through the browser which has been hijacked with something named Search.web-search.co hijacker. Search.web-search.co is categorized as browser hijacker (also known as hijackware). It takes control of your internet browser and changes your new tab, startpage and default search engine to its own. So, you will notice a new startpage and search engine installed in the Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer internet browsers.
When you’re performing searches using the web-browser that has been affected by Search.web-search.co, the search results will be returned from Bing, Yahoo or Google Custom Search. The authors of Search.web-search.co hijacker are most likely doing this to generate advertisement revenue from the advertisements opened in the search results.
And finally, the Search.web-search.co hijacker be able to gather confidential information about you such as what web sites you are opening, what you’re looking for the Net and so on. This information, in the future, can be sold to third party companies.
Thus, the browser hijacker infection is quite dangerous. So, we suggest you get rid of it from your PC system without a wait. Follow the instructions presented below to remove Search.web-search.co search from the Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
How to remove Search.web-search.co from computer
Not all unwanted programs such as hijacker responsible for redirecting your web-browser to Search.web-search.co site are easily uninstallable. You might see a new start page, newtab page, search engine and other type of unwanted changes to the Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox settings and might not be able to figure out the program responsible for this activity. The reason for this is that many unwanted software neither appear in MS Windows Control Panel. Therefore in order to completely delete Search.web-search.co search, you need to execute the steps below. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to exit your web-browser or reboot your system.
To remove Search.web-search.co, perform the following steps:
- Remove Search.web-search.co homepage without any tools
- Scan your machine and delete Search.web-search.co with free tools
- Stop Search.web-search.co and other undesired web sites
- How to prevent Search.web-search.co hijacker from getting inside your PC system
- To sum up
Remove Search.web-search.co homepage without any tools
The useful removal instructions for the Search.web-search.co home page. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to delete Search.web-search.co search let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
Delete potentially unwanted software using MS Windows Control Panel
Some of potentially unwanted programs, adware and browser hijacker can be uninstalled using the Add/Remove programs tool which may be found in the Microsoft Windows Control Panel. So, if you’re using any version of Windows and you have noticed an unwanted program, then first try to remove it through Add/Remove programs.
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will display the Windows Control Panel as displayed on the screen below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all apps installed on your personal computer. Scroll through the all list, and delete any suspicious and unknown apps.
Remove Search.web-search.co from Chrome
If your Google Chrome web browser is rerouted to unwanted Search.web-search.co web page, it may be necessary to completely reset your web browser program to its original state.
- First, launch the Google Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset settings dialog box as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Delete Search.web-search.co search from IE
In order to recover all web browser new tab page, startpage and search provider by default you need to reset the Microsoft Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the Windows was installed on your computer.
First, launch the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as displayed in the figure below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Remove Search.web-search.co from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web browser settings
If Firefox homepage or search provider are hijacked by the Search.web-search.co, your internet browser displays undesired pop-up advertisements, then ‘Reset Firefox’ could solve these problems. It will save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as on the image below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed on the screen below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to restore your Firefox web browser settings to their default state.
Scan your machine and delete Search.web-search.co with free tools
Anti-Malware programs differ from each other by many features like performance, scheduled scans, automatic updates, virus signature database, technical support, compatibility with other antivirus applications and so on. We recommend you use the following free apps: Zemana Free, MalwareBytes Free and HitmanPro. Each of these programs has all of needed features, but most importantly, they can identify the hijacker and delete Search.web-search.co from the IE, Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Google Chrome.
Use Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) to remove Search.web-search.co startpage
We recommend using the Zemana Anti-Malware. You can download and install Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) to find out and remove Search.web-search.co from your machine. When installed and updated, the malware remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on the machine.
- Please go to the following link to download the latest version of Zemana for Windows. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the download is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your computer. Next, start a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana onto your machine. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti Malware will open and show the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button to scan for browser hijacker responsible for modifying your internet browser settings to Search.web-search.co. A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your computer and the speed of your computer. While the Zemana Anti-Malware is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified either as being malware.
- After Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) has completed scanning, Zemana Anti Malware will open a screen that contains a list of malware that has been detected.
- Review the report and then click the “Next” button. The utility will begin to get rid of Search.web-search.co hijacker and other internet browser’s harmful plugins. When the clean up is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the personal computer.
- Close the Zemana and continue with the next step.
Use Hitman Pro to delete Search.web-search.co from the computer
The Hitman Pro utility is free and easy to use. It may scan and get rid of browser hijacker infection responsible for redirecting user searches to Search.web-search.co, malicious software, PUPs and adware from computer (Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 7, XP) and thereby revert back web-browsers default settings (newtab, home page and search provider). HitmanPro is powerful enough to scan for and remove malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the computer.
Download Hitman Pro on your computer by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and use HitmanPro on your computer. Once started, click “Next” button for scanning your computer for the browser hijacker responsible for Search.web-search.co . This process can take some time, so please be patient. While the utility is checking, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned..
After the scan get finished, HitmanPro will open you the results.
Review the scan results and then click Next button.
It will open a prompt, press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to delete all malicious software found.
Get rid of Search.web-search.co with Malwarebytes
Manual Search.web-search.co search removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the browser hijacker may be not completely removed. We recommend that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your machine of browser hijacker infection. Moreover, the free program will help you to remove malicious software, PUPs, adware and toolbars that your computer can be infected too.
MalwareBytes Free can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
When the downloading process is finished, close all software and windows on your PC. Double-click the install file named mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as shown below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” which will help you install MalwareBytes on your machine. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once setup is finished successfully, press Finish button. MalwareBytes Free will automatically start and you can see its main screen as displayed below.
Now press the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the hijacker that responsible for internet browser reroute to the undesired Search.web-search.co web page. When a malware, ad supported software or PUPs are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is complete.
When MalwareBytes has finished scanning, MalwareBytes AntiMalware will show a list of all threats found by the scan. Review the scan results and then click “Quarantine Selected” button. The MalwareBytes will remove hijacker infection responsible for redirecting user searches to Search.web-search.co and move items to the program’s quarantine. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the machine.
We suggest you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the MalwareBytes Free to remove adware, browser hijacker and other malicious software.
Stop Search.web-search.co and other undesired web sites
In order to increase your security and protect your computer against new undesired advertisements and malicious webpages, you need to use adblocker application that blocks an access to harmful ads and web-pages. Moreover, the program can stop the show of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of web sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard by clicking on the link below. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
- After downloading it, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the install is finished, press “Skip” to close the install application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and stop advertisements, Search.web-search.co redirect, as well as other malicious or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
How to prevent Search.web-search.co hijacker from getting inside your PC system
Many software used to hijack a system’s internet browser. So, when you installing freeware, carefully read the disclaimers, choose the Custom or Advanced installation mode to watch for bundled apps that are being installed, because some of the software are adware and potentially unwanted apps.
To sum up
Now your computer should be free of the hijacker infection which cause a redirect to Search.web-search.co web-site. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop-up advertisements and annoying malicious web-pages) and Zemana AntiMalware (to periodically scan your machine for new malicious software, hijackers and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Microsoft Windows operating system. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new hijackers, harmful software and ad supported software are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Search.web-search.co from your browser, then ask for help here.