The 24SportApp is a hijacker. It is a type of malicious software. Unlike viruses, it will not delete or infect your files, but its actions will cause some problems with your browser. This is because that it’ll infect your system, get full access to your browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome and be able to modify their settings. Of course, it did not ask you for permission and do it secretly as possible. Once your internet browser settings will be modified, you will be rerouted to undesired sites completely, certain of which can be dangerous or misleading web-pages. For this reason, we recommend that you get rid of 24SportApp browser hijacker as quickly as possible and thus revert back your favorite startpage and search engine.
After the hijack, common symptoms include:
- Changing the Internet Explorer, MS Edge, Google Chrome and Firefox built-in search box and default search provider to 24SportApp;
- Changing browser’s start page to 24SportApp;
- Modifying the ‘newtab page’ URL to launch an annoying website.
As evident, the browser hijacker is a potentially undesired application and should not be used. If you noticed any of the symptoms mentioned above, we suggest you to complete step-by-step instructions below to remove the hijacker infection and remove 24SportApp from your web browser settings.
How to remove 24SportApp search redirect from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
As with deleting adware, malware or potentially unwanted software, there are few steps you can do. We recommend trying them all. If you do only one part of the guidance, then it should be use malicious software removal tool, because it should remove browser hijacker infection and block any further infection. But to completely get rid of the 24SportApp you will have to at least reset your web browser settings such as default search provider, home page and new tab page to default state, disinfect web browsers shortcuts, uninstall all unwanted and suspicious apps, and remove hijacker with malware removal tools. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to shut down your web-browser or restart your personal computer.
To remove 24SportApp, complete the steps below:
- How to manually delete 24SportApp
- How to automatically remove 24SportApp browser hijacker
- Run AdBlocker to block 24SportApp and stay safe online
- How does your machine get infected with 24SportApp browser hijacker
- To sum up
How to manually delete 24SportApp
Steps to get rid of 24SportApp browser hijacker infection without any apps are presented below. Be sure to carry out the step-by-step tutorial completely to fully remove this intrusive 24SportApp .
Uninstall suspicious programs using Windows Control Panel
First of all, check the list of installed apps on your system and remove all unknown and recently installed apps. If you see an unknown program with incorrect spelling or varying capital letters, it have most likely been installed by malware and you should clean it off first with malicious software removal utility such as Zemana Anti-malware.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as displayed below.
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as displayed on the screen below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right as shown on the image below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (MS Windows 7 or Vista) like below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed apps and remove all questionable and unknown programs. We advise to press ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed software by date. Once you have found anything dubious that may be the hijacker infection responsible for changing your web browser settings to 24SportApp or other potentially unwanted application (PUA), then select this program and press ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the dubious program blocked from removal, then use Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully remove it from your system.
Remove 24SportApp redirect from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a easy way to remove the hijacker infection, harmful and adware extensions, as well as to restore the browser’s new tab page, search engine by default and homepage that have been modified by browser hijacker.
- First, run the Google Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed addons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset settings dialog box as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove 24SportApp from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web browser settings
If Firefox homepage or search engine are hijacked by the 24SportApp, your web-browser shows annoying popup ads, then ‘Reset Mozilla Firefox’ could solve these problems. However, your saved bookmarks and passwords will not be lost.
Press the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and press the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as displayed on the image below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed in the following example.
Follow the onscreen procedure to return your Firefox internet browser settings to their original settings.
Delete 24SportApp startpage from Internet Explorer
In order to restore all browser default search engine, startpage and newtab you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the Windows was installed on your PC system.
First, start the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then click the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button as shown on the screen below.
When the procedure is finished, press “Close” button. Close the Microsoft Internet Explorer and restart your system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web browser’s new tab page, default search provider and start page to default state.
How to automatically remove 24SportApp browser hijacker
There are not many good free antimalware programs with high detection ratio. The effectiveness of malicious software removal utilities depends on various factors, mostly on how often their virus/malware signatures DB are updated in order to effectively detect modern malware, adware, browser hijackers and other potentially unwanted apps. We suggest to use several applications, not just one. These applications that listed below will help you remove all components of the browser hijacker from your disk and Windows registry and thereby delete 24SportApp redirect.
How to automatically remove 24SportApp with Zemana
Zemana Anti-Malware is a free program for Microsoft Windows operating system to scan for and remove potentially unwanted programs, adware, harmful web-browser extensions, browser toolbars, and other undesired apps such as browser hijacker infection that responsible for internet browser reroute to the intrusive 24SportApp website, installed on your machine.
- Installing the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) is simple. First you will need to download Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) on your personal computer by clicking on the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- After the download is done, close all software and windows on your PC. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is done, click the “Scan” button to begin checking your PC for the hijacker that made to redirect your web browser to the 24SportApp website. Depending on your system, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a threat is found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- Once finished, you will be opened the list of all found threats on your PC. You may get rid of items (move to Quarantine) by simply press “Next”. When the clean up is done, you may be prompted to reboot your computer.
Run HitmanPro to delete 24SportApp home page
HitmanPro is a free portable program that scans your personal computer for ad-supported software, PUPs and hijackers like 24SportApp and allows remove them easily. Moreover, it’ll also help you get rid of any malicious web-browser extensions and add-ons.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of HitmanPro for MS Windows. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When downloading is finished, launch the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, click the “Next” to perform a system scan with this tool for the browser hijacker which developed to reroute your web-browser to the 24SportApp webpage. While the HitmanPro is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- After that process is finished, HitmanPro will show a list of all threats found by the scan. In order to remove all threats, simply click “Next”. Now, press the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Run Malwarebytes to delete 24SportApp
Manual 24SportApp removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the hijacker can be not completely removed. We suggest that run the Malwarebytes Free that are completely free your PC of browser hijacker infection. Moreover, the free application will help you to delete malware, PUPs, adware and toolbars that your machine can be infected too.
MalwareBytes AntiMalware can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
When the downloading process is complete, close all windows on your computer. Further, open the file called mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as shown in the following example, click the “Yes” button.
It will show the “Setup wizard” which will allow you install MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) on the system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once setup is finished successfully, press Finish button. Then MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) will automatically start and you can see its main window as displayed below.
Next, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Free tool will start scanning the whole PC system to find out hijacker responsible for redirecting your web browser to 24SportApp web site. This task can take some time, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes is scanning, you can see count of objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
When MalwareBytes Free has completed scanning, you will be shown the list of all found items on your computer. All found threats will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes AntiMalware will remove hijacker infection that modifies internet browser settings to replace your start page, search engine and newtab with 24SportApp webpage and move threats to the program’s quarantine. Once disinfection is done, you can be prompted to reboot your personal computer. We suggest you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to remove hijackers, adware and other malicious software.
Run AdBlocker to block 24SportApp and stay safe online
The AdGuard is a very good ad-blocking program for the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Edge, with active user support. It does a great job by removing certain types of annoying ads, popunders, pop-ups, intrusive newtabs, and even full page advertisements and web page overlay layers. Of course, the AdGuard can stop the 24SportApp automatically or by using a custom filter rule.
Download AdGuard on your PC system from the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
After downloading is complete, double-click the downloaded file to launch it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen like below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guidance as displayed below.
Press “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick instructions which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and block popups, 24SportApp redirect, as well as other malicious or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
How does your machine get infected with 24SportApp browser hijacker
The hijacker infection is usually spreads bundled with freeware and install themselves, with or without your knowledge, on your machine. This happens especially when you are installing a free software. The program setup file tricks you into accepting the setup of third party apps, which you don’t really want. Moreover, some paid programs can also install third-party programs which you don’t want! Therefore, always download free software and paid apps from reputable download pages. Use ONLY custom or manual setup method and never blindly press Next button.
To sum up
Now your computer should be free of the hijacker that created to redirect your web browser to the 24SportApp web-site. We suggest that you keep Zemana (to periodically scan your personal computer for new hijackers and other malicious software) and AdGuard (to help you stop undesired pop up advertisements and malicious webpages). Moreover, to prevent any hijacker, please stay clear of unknown and third party applications, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to find out potentially unwanted applications.
If you need more help with 24SportApp search related issues, go to here.