The Check Email Fast web-page as your home page should not be underestimated, because the reason for its appearance within your web-browser is a browser hijacker that has been installed onto your computer without your knowledge. The hijacker can bring a security risk to your machine. So, do not ignore it! Of course, the Check Email Fast is just a site, but the browser hijacker uses it to redirect your browser onto undesired sites, even without your permission and desire to see it. The Check Email Fast as your start page or search provider can be just the beginning, because your PC is hijacked by malicious software, so the amount of problems with your web-browser in the future may increase.
After the hijack, common symptoms include:
- Replacing the Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge, Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer built-in search box and search provider to Check Email Fast;
- Replacing internet browser’s home page to Check Email Fast;
- Replacing the ‘newtab’ URL to launch an intrusive web-page.
Also, adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) may be installed on the computer together with Check Email Fast hijacker. It will insert a ton of ads directly to the webpages that you view, creating a sense that ads has been added by the makers of the web-page. Moreover, legal ads can be replaced on fake advertisements that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful software.
Moreover, the Check Email Fast browser hijacker has the ability to gather a wide variety of personal information that may be later sold to third party companies.
We strongly recommend that you perform the few simple steps below that will help you to remove Check Email Fast redirect using the standard features of Windows and some proven free programs.
Remove Check Email Fast (removal tutorial)
In the step-by-step instructions below, we will try to cover the Google Chrome, MS Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Firefox and provide general help to get rid of Check Email Fast . You may find some minor differences in your Microsoft Windows install. No matter, you should be okay if you follow the steps outlined below: uninstall all suspicious and unknown applications, reset web-browsers settings, fix internet browsers shortcuts, use free malicious software removal utilities. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to exit your web-browser or reboot your personal computer.
To remove Check Email Fast, execute the following steps:
- Manual Check Email Fast homepage removal
- Scan your computer and get rid of Check Email Fast with free tools
- Stop Check Email Fast and other unwanted websites
- How does your computer get infected with Check Email Fast browser hijacker infection
- To sum up
Manual Check Email Fast homepage removal
Steps to remove Check Email Fast hijacker without any apps are presented below. Be sure to carry out the step-by-step guide completely to fully remove this intrusive Check Email Fast search.
Uninstall potentially unwanted apps using MS Windows Control Panel
First method for manual browser hijacker removal is to go into the MS Windows “Control Panel”, then “Uninstall a program” console. Take a look at the list of applications on your PC and see if there are any dubious and unknown programs. If you see any, you need to uninstall them. Of course, before doing so, you can do an Net search to find details on the program. If it is a potentially unwanted program, adware or malware, you will likely find information that says so.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and press “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, press “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will show a list of all software installed on the system.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort apps by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Delete Check Email Fast startpage from Mozilla Firefox
The Mozilla Firefox reset will remove unwanted search engine and home page such as Check Email Fast, modified preferences, extensions and security settings. It will keep your personal information such as browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
Press the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown in the following example.
A small menu will appear, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed on the screen below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to restore your Firefox internet browser settings to their original state.
Remove Check Email Fast from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to delete the hijacker, harmful and adware extensions, as well as to restore the browser’s start page, new tab and search provider that have been replaced by hijacker.
- First, start the Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset settings dialog box as on the image above.
- Confirm the web browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove Check Email Fast redirect from IE
If you find that Internet Explorer web-browser settings like new tab, start page and default search provider had been hijacked, then you may revert back your settings, via the reset browser process.
First, run the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web browser, then click the “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The IE will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button like below.
Once the task is complete, click “Close” button. Close the Microsoft Internet Explorer and restart your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s search provider by default, home page and newtab page to default state.
Scan your computer and get rid of Check Email Fast with free tools
Manual removal is not always as effective as you might think. Often, even the most experienced users can not completely delete hijacker infection from the infected personal computer. So, we advise to scan your PC system for any remaining malicious components with free browser hijacker removal apps below.
Run Zemana AntiMalware to remove Check Email Fast redirect
You can download and use the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) for free. This antimalware utility will scan all the Microsoft Windows registry entries and files in your computer along with the system settings and browser plugins. If it finds any malicious software, adware or harmful extension that is changing your web-browser settings to the Check Email Fast then the Zemana Free will remove them from your PC system completely.
Download Zemana Anti Malware by clicking on the following link. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: February 14, 2019
Once the download is finished, start it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Zemana Anti-Malware will try to update itself and when this task is finished, click the “Scan” button for checking your PC system for the hijacker that reroutes your web browser to undesired Check Email Fast web-page.
A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your machine and the speed of your PC. During the scan Zemana will search for threats exist on your personal computer. Review the report and then click “Next” button.
The Zemana Free will delete browser hijacker which changes web-browser settings to replace your startpage, search engine by default and newtab page with Check Email Fast web site and add threats to the Quarantine.
Use Hitman Pro to remove Check Email Fast from the computer
HitmanPro is a free utility that can detect browser hijacker which cause Check Email Fast webpage to appear. It is not always easy to locate all the unwanted programs that your system might have picked up on the Internet. HitmanPro will scan for the ‘ad supported’ software, browser hijackers and other malicious software you need to erase.
Please go to the link below to download the latest version of HitmanPro for Windows. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and use Hitman Pro on your PC system. Once started, click “Next” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the browser hijacker which cause Check Email Fast website to appear. Depending on your computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the Hitman Pro tool is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as being infected by malware..
After Hitman Pro completes the scan, Hitman Pro will create a list of undesired applications ad-supported software.
Next, you need to press Next button.
It will open a prompt, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malware found.
How to automatically get rid of Check Email Fast with Malwarebytes
Remove Check Email Fast hijacker infection manually is difficult and often the browser hijacker is not completely removed. Therefore, we suggest you to use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the free application will allow you to get rid of malware, PUPs, toolbars and ad supported software that your machine may be infected too.
- MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
- When the downloading process is done, close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is complete, press the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the hijacker that cause Check Email Fast webpage to appear. While the MalwareBytes is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified either as being malware.
- When that process is done, MalwareBytes will display a list of detected threats. You may get rid of threats (move to Quarantine) by simply click “Quarantine Selected”. Once that process is complete, you may be prompted to reboot your system.
The following video offers a few simple steps on how to remove hijackers, ad-supported software and other malicious software with MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM).
Stop Check Email Fast and other unwanted websites
To put it simply, you need to use an ad-blocker tool (AdGuard, for example). It will stop and protect you from all undesired web-pages such as Check Email Fast, advertisements and pop-ups. To be able to do that, the adblocker application uses a list of filters. Each filter is a rule that describes a malicious web page, an advertising content, a banner and others. The ad-blocking program automatically uses these filters, depending on the web pages you’re visiting.
Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of AdGuard for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen like below.
Follow the prompts. When the install is finished, you will see a window as displayed on the image below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop pop-up ads, Check Email Fast redirect, as well as other malicious or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
How does your computer get infected with Check Email Fast browser hijacker infection
To sum up
Now your computer should be clean of the hijacker that responsible for web-browser redirect to the undesired Check Email Fast web site. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop up ads and undesired malicious web-sites) and Zemana Free (to periodically scan your system for new hijackers and other malware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to get rid of Check Email Fast search from the Microsoft Internet Explorer, MS Edge, Firefox and Google Chrome, then ask for help here here.