The appearance of annoying Stimafigu.info ads, pop-ups or notifications in your browser means that you are a victim of ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware). It makes changes to the personal computer settings and configures itself so as to start automatically each time the computer is turned on. Immediately after startup, the ad supported software begins to monitor the user’s actions and add ads directly into the open windows of the Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Microsoft Edge. So, if you notice that the web-browser randomly opens the Stimafigu.info web-site, then you do not need to wait . Follow the instructions below and get rid of Stimafigu.info pop-ups as soon as possible.
The adware that causes multiple unwanted pop up advertisements, is not a virus, but the virus behaves similarly. As a rootkit hides in the system, alters browser settings and blocks them from changing. Also the ‘ad supported’ software can install additional web-browser extensions and modules that will inject advertising links within the MS Edge, Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer’s screen.
Even worse, the adware can collect lots of privacy data such as what pages you are opening, what you are looking for the Web and so on. This confidential data, later, may be transferred to third parties.
Thus, it’s clear that the presence of ad supported software on your computer is not desirable, and you need to clean up your personal computer without a wait. Follow the step-by-step instructions below in order to remove Stimafigu.info redirect.
Remove Stimafigu.info pop-ups, ads, notifications
Even if you have the up-to-date classic antivirus installed, and you’ve checked your PC system for malware and removed anything found, you need to do the guide below. The Stimafigu.info pop-ups removal is not simple as installing another antivirus. Classic antivirus applications are not developed to run together and will conflict with each other, or possibly crash Microsoft Windows. Instead we suggest complete the manual steps below after that use Zemana, MalwareBytes or HitmanPro, which are free applications dedicated to search for and delete ‘ad supported’ software that cause annoying Stimafigu.info pop up ads to appear. Use these utilities to ensure the adware is removed.
To remove Stimafigu.info, follow the steps below:
- How to remove Stimafigu.info popups without any software
- How to automatically delete Stimafigu.info popup ads
- Stop Stimafigu.info pop-ups
- How to prevent Stimafigu.info advertisements from getting inside your PC
- To sum up
How to remove Stimafigu.info popups without any software
Read this “How to remove” section to know how to manually remove ad supported software which causes unwanted Stimafigu.info ads. Even if the step-by-step instructions does not work for you, there are several free malicious software removers below that can easily handle such ‘ad supported’ software responsible for redirects to Stimafigu.info.
Delete Stimafigu.info associated software by using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
The process of adware removal is generally the same across all versions of Windows OS from 10 to XP. To start with, it is necessary to check the list of installed applications on your machine and uninstall all unused, unknown and dubious applications.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all programs installed on the personal computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove questionable and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video tutorial below.
Remove Stimafigu.info pop-ups from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a easy way to get rid of the adware, harmful and adware extensions, as well as to restore the web browser’s homepage, search engine and new tab page that have been modified by adware that causes multiple intrusive pop up ads.
- First start the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is done, your browser’s startpage, default search provider and new tab will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Stimafigu.info advertisements from Firefox
If your Firefox web browser is rerouted to Stimafigu.info without your permission or an unknown search provider shows results for your search, then it may be time to perform the internet browser reset. When using the reset feature, your personal information such as passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
First, run the Firefox and press button. It will display the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Further, click the Help button () as shown on the image below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page like below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will display the confirmation dialog box. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will start a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the ad supported software responsible for redirects to Stimafigu.info. When, it is finished, press the “Finish” button.
Delete Stimafigu.info pop up ads from Internet Explorer
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your web browser is hijacked or you have unwanted addo-ons or toolbars on your web browser, which installed by an malicious software.
First, launch the IE, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web browser, then press the “Internet Options” as displayed on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as displayed in the figure below.
When the task is done, press “Close” button. Close the IE and reboot your machine for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s newtab, home page and search provider by default to default state.
How to automatically delete Stimafigu.info popup ads
There are not many good free anti malware applications with high detection ratio. The effectiveness of malware removal utilities depends on various factors, mostly on how often their virus/malware signatures DB are updated in order to effectively detect modern malware, ad-supported software, hijackers and other potentially unwanted apps. We recommend to run several applications, not just one. These programs that listed below will allow you remove all components of the ad-supported software from your disk and Windows registry and thereby get rid of Stimafigu.info pop-up ads.
Use Zemana Anti-malware to get rid of Stimafigu.info
You can remove Stimafigu.info pop up advertisements automatically with a help of Zemana Anti-malware. We recommend this malicious software removal tool because it can easily get rid of hijackers, potentially unwanted software, ad-supported software that reroutes your internet browser to Stimafigu.info site with all their components such as folders, files and registry entries.
Zemana Anti-Malware can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
Once the downloading process is finished, launch it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Zemana Anti Malware will try to update itself and when this procedure is complete, click the “Scan” button to search for adware related to Stimafigu.info redirect.
Depending on your computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the utility is scanning, you may see number of objects and files has already scanned. In order to remove all threats, simply press “Next” button.
The Zemana will delete ‘ad supported’ software that responsible for the appearance of Stimafigu.info pop up ads and add items to the Quarantine.
Use Hitman Pro to remove Stimafigu.info pop-ups from browser
Hitman Pro is a portable utility that detects and deletes unwanted applications like browser hijackers, adware, toolbars, other web-browser extensions and other malware. It scans your machine for ‘ad supported’ software responsible for redirects to Stimafigu.info and prepares a list of threats marked for removal. HitmanPro will only uninstall those undesired programs that you wish to be removed.
Visit the following page to download Hitman Pro. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: December 8, 2017
When downloading is complete, open the directory in which you saved it and double-click the HitmanPro icon. It will launch the Hitman Pro utility. If the User Account Control dialog box will ask you want to start the program, click Yes button to continue.
Next, click “Next” to find out adware that developed to reroute your internet browser to various ad web sites like Stimafigu.info. A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your computer and the speed of your computer.
After the scan is complete, Hitman Pro will open you the results as displayed in the following example.
Once you have selected what you wish to remove from your system click “Next” button. It will display a prompt, click the “Activate free license” button. The Hitman Pro will delete adware which causes annoying Stimafigu.info pop up advertisements and add threats to the Quarantine. After finished, the tool may ask you to reboot your personal computer.
Scan and free your PC of adware with Malwarebytes
You can get rid of Stimafigu.info popups automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We advise this free malware removal tool because it can easily remove browser hijacker infections, adware, potentially unwanted applications and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- Please go to the link below to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Anti Malware for Windows. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After downloading is complete, please close all applications and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes onto your PC system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes AntiMalware will open and open the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Free tool will start scanning the whole personal computer to find out adware responsible for Stimafigu.info pop ups. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your PC system and the speed of your machine.
- After MalwareBytes AntiMalware has finished scanning your PC system, you can check all items detected on your PC system.
- Once you have selected what you wish to delete from your system click the “Quarantine Selected” button. After the clean-up is complete, you may be prompted to restart the machine.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Stop Stimafigu.info pop-ups
Use an ad-blocking tool like AdGuard will protect you from malicious advertisements and content. Moreover, you may find that the AdGuard have an option to protect your privacy and stop phishing and spam websites. Additionally, ad blocker applications will help you to avoid unwanted pop-up advertisements and unverified links that also a good way to stay safe online.
Click the link below to download the latest version of AdGuard for Microsoft Windows. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
After downloading it, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as shown on the screen below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick tutorial as displayed on the image below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick guide which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your PC system, AdGuard will run automatically and stop pop-up advertisements, Stimafigu.info redirect, as well as other malicious or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which can be found on your desktop.
How to prevent Stimafigu.info advertisements from getting inside your PC
The majority of ‘ad supported’ software come along with free applications or even paid software which Web users can easily download online. The installers of such software, most commonly, clearly display that they will install additional apps. The option is given to users to block the setup of any optional programs. So, in order to avoid the installation of any adware: read all disclaimers and install screens very carefully, choose only Custom or Advanced install mode and reject all optional apps in which you are unsure.
To sum up
Now your computer should be free of the adware that causes web browsers to show intrusive Stimafigu.info ads. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop up ads and intrusive harmful web-sites) and Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your PC for new ‘ad supported’ softwares and other malware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Stimafigu.info pop ups from the MS Edge, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, then ask for help here here.