If you find that the browser new tab page, home page and search provider have modified to Bronav.com without your knowledge or permission then you need to know that you’re a victim of browser hijacker. Browser hijacker is small program or web-browser extension that can alter your start page and search engine, reroute you to sites you never intended to visit, gather search queries and your privacy info. In the blog post below you will find instructions about how to restore browser settings to their original defaults and fully remove Bronav.com from Firefox, Edge, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.
Except that the Bronav.com makes various changes to web browser’s start page and new tab page, it also changes your search provider, which leads to the fact that use of the internet browser’s search becomes uncomfortable. The reason for this is that the search results will consist of lots of advertisements, links to undesired and ad web-sites and only the remaining part is search results for your query from well-known search engines such as Google or Bing.
Often, the PC which has been affected by Bronav.com hijacker infection, will be also infected with adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) which opens lots of various advertisements. It can be pop-ups, text links in the web-sites, banners where they never had. What is more, the ‘ad supported’ software can replace the legitimate advertisements with malicious advertisements that will offer to download and install malware and unwanted programs or visit the various dangerous and misleading webpages.
The hijacker infection like Bronav.com often alter all internet browser shortcuts that located on your Desktop to force you visit various intrusive web-sites and open annoying advertisements. As a result, your web browser can still reroute you to an intrusive website despite your browser is actually free of hijacker.
We strongly recommend you to complete the steps which follow below. We will show you how to get rid of hijacker and thus remove Bronav.com home page from your Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, IE and Microsoft Edge forever.
How to remove Bronav.com from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
Even if you have the up-to-date classic antivirus installed, and you have checked your system for malicious software and removed anything found, you need to do the tutorial below. The Bronav.com hijacker infection removal is not simple as installing another antivirus. Classic antivirus applications are not made to run together and will conflict with each other, or possibly crash Windows. Instead we suggest complete the manual steps below after that use Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM), MalwareBytes or Hitman Pro, which are free applications dedicated to search for and delete malware such as Bronav.com browser hijacker. Use these utilities to ensure the browser hijacker is removed.
To remove Bronav.com, complete the following steps:
- How to manually get rid of Bronav.com
- Use free malware removal tools to completely get rid of Bronav.com startpage
- Block Bronav.com and other undesired websites
- Do not know how your browser has been hijacked by Bronav.com hijacker?
- Finish words
How to manually get rid of Bronav.com
To delete Bronav.com browser hijacker, ‘ad supported’ software and other unwanted applications you can try to do so manually. Unfortunately some of the hijackers won’t show up in your program list, but some hijackers may. In this case, you may be able to delete it via the uninstall function of your Microsoft Windows computer. You can do this by following the steps below.
Delete Bronav.com related applications through the Control Panel of your machine
Some of potentially unwanted apps, ad-supported software and hijacker can be uninstalled using the Add/Remove programs utility which is located in the Windows Control Panel. So, if you are using any version of Microsoft Windows and you have noticed an unwanted program, then first try to delete it through Add/Remove programs.
Make sure you have closed all web-browsers and other programs. Next, remove any unrequested and suspicious applications from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, click the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Choose “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of software installed on your machine. Most likely, one of them is the hijacker which redirects your web browser to annoying Bronav.com page. Select the questionable application or the program that name is not familiar to you and remove it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in Microsoft Windows, select “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, choose “Uninstall a program”.
Select the questionable or any unknown programs, then click “Uninstall/Change” button to uninstall this unwanted program from your PC.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Select an unwanted application, then click “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Remove Bronav.com from Google Chrome
Like other modern internet browsers, the Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thereby recover the web-browser default search engine, home page and new tab that have been replaced by the Bronav.com hijacker.
- First, launch the Google Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed plugins. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset settings prompt as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the web browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Bronav.com search from IE
By resetting Microsoft Internet Explorer internet browser you restore your browser settings to its default state. This is first when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by browser hijacker such as Bronav.com.
First, launch the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as displayed on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The IE will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your PC system for the changes to take effect.
Remove Bronav.com from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web browser settings
If your Firefox web-browser homepage has replaced to Bronav.com without your permission or an unknown search provider opens results for your search, then it may be time to perform the internet browser reset. When using the reset feature, your personal information such as passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
First, run the Firefox and click button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web browser. Further, press the Help button () as displayed below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed in the figure below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation dialog box. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the Bronav.com hijacker and other web browser’s harmful plugins. When, it’s complete, click the “Finish” button.
Fix affected internet browsers shortcuts to remove Bronav.com
Once installed, the browser hijacker that cause a redirect to Bronav.com web-page, may add an argument like “http://site.address” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the IE, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and MS Edge. Due to this, every time you open the browser, it will display an annoying webpage.
Right click on the web-browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://site.address” which has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe.
To save changes, click OK . You need to clean all browser’s shortcut files. So, repeat this step for the MS Edge, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
Use free malware removal tools to completely get rid of Bronav.com startpage
There are not many good free anti-malware programs with high detection ratio. The effectiveness of malware removal tools depends on various factors, mostly on how often their virus/malware signatures DB are updated in order to effectively detect modern malware, adware, hijackers and other PUPs. We advise to run several programs, not just one. These programs that listed below will help you get rid of all components of the browser hijacker from your disk and Windows registry and thereby remove Bronav.com .
How to get rid of Bronav.com with Zemana Free
Zemana is a free application for Windows OS to find out and remove PUPs, ‘ad supported’ software, harmful web-browser addons, browser toolbars, and other undesired applications like hijacker that causes web browsers to show undesired Bronav.com page, installed on your machine.
- Installing the Zemana is simple. First you will need to download Zemana Free from the link below. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the download is complete, please close all programs and open windows on your system. Next, launch a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Free onto your system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will launch and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button . Zemana Free application will scan through the whole machine for the browser hijacker responsible for redirecting your web-browser to Bronav.com web page. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your computer and the speed of your PC system. While the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) utility is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as being infected by malware.
- After finished, you’ll be displayed the list of all found threats on your computer.
- Review the scan results and then click the “Next” button. The utility will start to delete hijacker that responsible for web browser reroute to the intrusive Bronav.com page. When disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) and continue with the next step.
Delete Bronav.com browser hijacker infection and malicious extensions with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro is a portable application that requires no hard installation to look for and remove hijacker infection responsible for redirections to Bronav.com. The program itself is small in size (only a few Mb). HitmanPro does not need any drivers and special dlls. It is probably easier to use than any alternative malware removal tools you have ever tried. HitmanPro works on 64 and 32-bit versions of Windows 10, 8, 7 and XP. It proves that removal tool can be just as effective as the widely known antivirus programs.
- Visit the page linked below to download HitmanPro. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: December 8, 2017
- When the download is finished, launch the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, click the “Next” to scan for hijacker infection responsible for redirecting user searches to Bronav.com. When a malicious software, adware or PUPs are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is finished.
- After Hitman Pro has completed scanning, you will be shown the list of all found items on your PC. Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and press “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Use Malwarebytes to remove hijacker
You can remove Bronav.com start page automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We advise this free malicious software removal utility because it can easily remove browser hijackers, adware, potentially unwanted software and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- Click the following link to download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM). Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- After downloading is finished, close all software and windows on your PC. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is finished, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Free utility will start scanning the whole system to find out browser hijacker responsible for redirecting your internet browser to Bronav.com page.
- When finished, a list of all items found is produced. In order to get rid of all items, simply press “Quarantine Selected”. When the clean-up is finished, you can be prompted to restart your PC.
The following video offers a few simple steps on how to delete hijackers, ad-supported software and other malware with MalwareBytes.
Block Bronav.com and other undesired websites
In order to increase your security and protect your PC against new annoying ads and malicious web-sites, you need to use adblocker program that stops an access to harmful advertisements and pages. Moreover, the program can stop the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Please go to the link below to download AdGuard. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as displayed in the figure below.
Follow the prompts. Once the install is finished, you will see a window as on the image below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your machine, AdGuard will start automatically and block advertisements, Bronav.com redirect, as well as other malicious or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that can be found on your desktop.
Do not know how your browser has been hijacked by Bronav.com hijacker?
The majority of hijacker infections like Bronav.com gets on your machine as a part of freeware or even paid apps that Web users can easily download online. The setup packages of such apps, most often, clearly display that they will install additional apps. The option is given to users to stop the setup of any bundled applications. So, in order to avoid the setup of any hijackers: read all disclaimers and install screens very carefully, choose only Custom or Advanced installation type and reject all additional applications in which you are unsure.
Once you have done the instructions shown above, your machine should be clean from browser hijacker which changes internet browser settings to replace your startpage, search provider by default and newtab with Bronav.com page and other malicious software. The MS Edge, Google Chrome, IE and Mozilla Firefox will no longer open intrusive Bronav.com webpage on startup. Unfortunately, if the tutorial does not help you, then you have caught a new hijacker infection, and then the best way – ask for help here.