According to cyber threat analysts, Flixtab Movie Center is classified as PUP (potentially unwanted program) from the browser hijacker family. Once your internet browser has been affected with this browser hijacker, it takes over your web browser like Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox, Edge and Chrome. Flixtab Movie Center hijacker imposes some changes to your web browser’s settings, including new tab, startpage and default search provider, and installs unwanted add-ons deep inside your computer. This is the main reason why you need to get rid of it from your computer and revert back your browser search engine and startpage back to the default.
Besides the fact that Flixtab Movie Center browser hijacker modifies your home page, this annoying website can set yourself as your search engine. But, obviously, it does not give you a good search results, as they will consist of lots of ads, links to undesired and ad web pages and only the remaining part is search results for your query from the major search providers. Of course, the very fact that you encounter with the inability to properly search the Net, is an unpleasant moment.
Another reason why you need to remove Flixtab Movie Center is its online data-tracking activity. It can gather personal information, including:
- IP addresses;
- URLs visited;
- search queries/terms;
- clicks on links and ads;
- web-browser version information.
Thus, the Flixtab Movie Center does not really have beneficial features. So, we suggest you delete Flixtab Movie Center from the IE, Mozilla Firefox, Edge and Chrome internet browsers without a wait. This will also prevent the hijacker from tracking your online activities. A full Flixtab Movie Center removal can be easily carried out using manual or automatic solution listed below.
Remove Flixtab Movie Center from Google Chrome and other web-browsers (removal tutorial)
Most often hijacker infections requires more than a simple uninstall through the use of MS Windows Control panel in order to be fully deleted. For that reason, our team designed several removal methods that we have summarized in a detailed guidance. Therefore, if you’ve the annoying Flixtab Movie Center hijacker infection on your computer and are currently trying to have it removed then feel free to follow the steps below in order to resolve your problem. Certain of the steps will require you to reboot your personal computer or exit this web page. So, read this guide carefully, then bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove Flixtab Movie Center, follow the steps below:
- Manual Flixtab Movie Center redirect removal
- Scan your machine and remove Flixtab Movie Center with free utilities
- How to block Flixtab Movie Center redirect
- How did Flixtab Movie Center hijacker get on your PC
- Finish words
Manual Flixtab Movie Center redirect removal
Steps to get rid of Flixtab Movie Center browser hijacker without any programs are presented below. Be sure to carry out the step-by-step guide completely to fully remove this intrusive Flixtab Movie Center home page.
Delete Flixtab Movie Center associated software by using Windows Control Panel
First method for manual browser hijacker infection removal is to go into the Microsoft Windows “Control Panel”, then “Uninstall a program” console. Take a look at the list of apps on your PC system and see if there are any suspicious and unknown programs. If you see any, you need to remove them. Of course, before doing so, you can do an Internet search to find details on the program. If it is a potentially unwanted application, ad-supported software or malicious software, you will likely find information that says so.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and press “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will show a list of all applications installed on the personal computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video guide below.
Remove Flixtab Movie Center from Chrome
In order to be sure that there is nothing left behind, we recommend you to reset Google Chrome internet browser. It will return Chrome settings including home page, new tab page and search provider to defaults.
- First, run the Google Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset settings dialog box as on the image above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Flixtab Movie Center homepage from Microsoft Internet Explorer
The Microsoft Internet Explorer reset is great if your web-browser is hijacked or you have unwanted extensions or toolbars on your web browser, which installed by a malicious software.
First, start the IE. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as shown in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as displayed in the following example. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your personal computer for the changes to take effect.
Delete Flixtab Movie Center from Firefox by resetting browser settings
Resetting your Firefox is good initial troubleshooting step for any issues with your browser application, including the redirect to Flixtab Movie Center web site. It’ll keep your personal information such as browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
First, start the Mozilla Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed on the image below.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Scan your machine and remove Flixtab Movie Center with free utilities
Manual removal instructions does not always help to completely remove the browser hijacker, as it’s not easy to identify and delete components of hijacker and all malicious files from hard disk. Therefore, it is recommended that you use malware removal utility to completely remove Flixtab Movie Center off your machine. Several free malicious software removal tools are currently available that can be used against the browser hijacker. The optimum solution would be to run Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM), MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and HitmanPro.
Run Zemana AntiMalware to delete browser hijacker
Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) is a utility that can delete ad supported software, potentially unwanted applications, browser hijackers and other malware from your computer easily and for free. Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) is compatible with most antivirus software. It works under Windows (10 – XP, 32 and 64 bit) and uses minimum of PC system resources.
Now you can install and use Zemana Free to delete Flixtab Movie Center from your browser by following the steps below:
Click the following link to download Zemana Anti-Malware installer called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup on your PC system. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
Run the install package after it has been downloaded successfully and then follow the prompts to install this utility on your personal computer.
During installation you can change some settings, but we recommend you don’t make any changes to default settings.
When installation is finished, this malware removal utility will automatically start and update itself. You will see its main window as displayed below.
Now click the “Scan” button for checking your computer for the hijacker responsible for redirecting your web-browser to Flixtab Movie Center site. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC. While the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
When the scan is done, Zemana Anti Malware will open a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been detected. Review the scan results and then click “Next” button.
The Zemana Free will get rid of hijacker infection responsible for changing your browser settings to Flixtab Movie Center and add items to the Quarantine. When the procedure is complete, you can be prompted to reboot your computer to make the change take effect.
Delete Flixtab Movie Center redirect from browsers with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro is a free program which made to delete malicious software, potentially unwanted applications, ad supported software and browser hijackers from your computer running MS Windows 10, 8, 7, XP (32-bit and 64-bit). It’ll help to detect and get rid of browser hijacker that cause a reroute to Flixtab Movie Center website, including its files, folders and registry keys.
- Download Hitman Pro from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: December 8, 2017
- Once the download is done, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this utility is started, click “Next” button . Hitman Pro utility will begin scanning the whole computer to find out hijacker that responsible for web browser redirect to the annoying Flixtab Movie Center web-page. Depending on your machine, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a malicious software, adware or potentially unwanted software are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- Once the scan is done, the results are displayed in the scan report. When you are ready, click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malware found.
Automatically get rid of Flixtab Movie Center with Malwarebytes
You can remove Flixtab Movie Center automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We suggest this free malicious software removal utility because it can easily delete browser hijacker infections, ‘ad supported’ software, PUPs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- Please go to the link below to download MalwareBytes AntiMalware. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- When the downloading process is finished, close all software and windows on your PC system. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, press the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the hijacker related to Flixtab Movie Center startpage. This procedure may take some time, so please be patient. While the utility is scanning, you can see number of objects and files has already scanned.
- As the scanning ends, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will prepare a list of undesired applications ‘ad supported’ software. You may get rid of threats (move to Quarantine) by simply click “Quarantine Selected”. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to reboot your machine.
The following video offers a guidance on how to delete hijackers, ‘ad supported’ software and other malicious software with MalwareBytes.
How to block Flixtab Movie Center redirect
Run ad-blocking application like AdGuard in order to stop advertisements, malvertisements, pop-ups and online trackers, avoid having to install malicious and adware browser plug-ins and add-ons that affect your computer performance and impact your PC security. Surf the World Wide Web anonymously and stay safe online!
- Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you will need to download AdGuard on your Windows Desktop by clicking on the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is finished, press “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will start automatically and block unwanted pop up ads, Flixtab Movie Center redirect, as well as other harmful or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
How did Flixtab Movie Center hijacker get on your PC
Now your personal computer should be free of the hijacker which cause Flixtab Movie Center site to appear. We suggest that you keep Zemana AntiMalware (to periodically scan your computer for new browser hijackers and other unwanted software) and AdGuard (to help you stop undesired ads and harmful websites). Moreover, to prevent any browser hijacker, please stay clear of unknown and third party programs, make sure that your antivirus application, turn on the option to search for PUPs.
If you need more help with Flixtab Movie Center related issues, go to here.