Are you seeing Show notifications pop ups in the Chrome every time you start your web-browser or use it for Internet surfing? This might be a sign that adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) get installed on your personal computer. Adware is an unwanted software that designed in order to show third-party ads, deals, notifications and pop-ups to the user without asking his permission.
Adware uses these “Show notifications” pop ups to trick you into subscribing to fake news (offers, deals) from sites you do not need. This “news” is annoying advertising that will appear in the browser and on the Windows desktop. Adware can not only open unwanted ads, deals and offers, but redirect your web browser to misleading and malicious web-pages. What is more, the adware can analyze your surfing, and gain access to your privacy data and, afterwards, can sell it to third parties.
Thus, there are more than enough reasons to get rid of adware from your system. We recommend you remove adware responsible for “Show notifications” pop-ups without a wait. This will also prevent the adware from tracking your online activities. A full “Show notifications” pop-ups removal can be easily carried out using manual or automatic way listed below.
How to remove “Show notifications” pop-ups
The following few simple steps will help you to remove “Show notifications” pop-up from the Google Chrome. Moreover, the few simple steps below will help you to get rid of malicious software, browser hijacker infections, potentially unwanted applications and toolbars that your computer may be infected. Please do the guidance step by step. If you need assist or have any questions, then ask for our assistance or type a comment below. Certain of the steps will require you to reboot your machine or shut down this web-site. So, read this tutorial carefully, then bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove “Show notifications” pop-up, use the steps below:
- Get rid of “Show notifications” pop up without any tools
- How to remove “Show notifications” pop-up with free applications
- Stop “Show notifications” pop-ups
- Where the “Show notifications” pop-ups comes from
- Finish words
Get rid of “Show notifications” pop up without any tools
To delete “Show notifications” pop up, adware and other unwanted programs you can try to do so manually. Unfortunately some of the ‘ad supported’ software won’t show up in your application list, but some ‘ad supported’ software may. In this case, you may be able to get rid of it through the uninstall function of your MS Windows computer. You can do this by following the steps below.
Remove potentially unwanted applications using MS Windows Control Panel
The best way to begin the personal computer cleanup is to delete unknown and questionable programs. Using the MS Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded programs can clean up the Chrome from popup, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next press Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will show a list of all apps installed on the computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove questionable and unknown apps. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort apps by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Remove “Show notifications” pop-ups from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to delete the adware, malicious and adware extensions, as well as to recover the browser’s settings that have been changed by adware that responsible for the appearance of “Show notifications” pop-ups.
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed addons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Google Chrome main menu again, click to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as displayed on the screen below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Reset” button.
How to remove “Show notifications” pop-up with free applications
If you’re an unskilled computer user, then we suggest to run free removal utilities listed below to get rid of “Show notifications” popups for good. The automatic solution is highly recommended. It has less steps and easier to implement than the manual way. Moreover, it lower risk of system damage. So, the automatic “Show notifications” pop-ups removal is a better option.
Use Zemana Anti-malware to delete “Show notifications” pop-ups
We advise using the Zemana Anti-malware. You may download and install Zemana Anti-malware to look for and remove “Show notifications” popup from the Chrome and other browsers. When installed and updated, the malware remover will automatically check and detect all threats present on your machine.
- Please go to the link below to download the latest version of Zemana Anti Malware for Windows. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- When downloading is complete, close all programs and windows on your machine. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is finished, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the ad supported software responsible for redirects to “Show notifications” misleading web-page. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your computer and the speed of your computer.
- Once Zemana has finished scanning your PC system, Zemana AntiMalware will create a list of unwanted and adware. When you are ready, click “Next”. After that process is finished, you can be prompted to restart your PC system.
Run HitmanPro to get rid of “Show notifications” pop up from browser
HitmanPro is a free removal tool. It deletes potentially unwanted programs, ad supported software, hijacker infections and unwanted web-browser plugins. It will search for and delete ad supported software related to “Show notifications” pop-ups. HitmanPro uses very small computer resources and is a portable program. Moreover, Hitman Pro does add another layer of malware protection.
HitmanPro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
When the downloading process is finished, open the directory in which you saved it and double-click the HitmanPro icon. It will start the HitmanPro tool. If the User Account Control dialog box will ask you want to launch the program, click Yes button to continue.
Next, click “Next” . HitmanPro program will scan through the whole system for the ‘ad supported’ software that causes web-browsers to show unwanted “Show notifications” popups. Depending on your computer, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the Hitman Pro application is scanning, you can see count of objects it has identified as threat.
As the scanning ends, Hitman Pro will produce a list of unwanted and adware as shown on the image below.
Once you have selected what you wish to remove from your computer click “Next” button. It will show a prompt, press the “Activate free license” button. The HitmanPro will get rid of ad-supported software and move threats to the program’s quarantine. Once finished, the utility may ask you to restart your PC system.
Remove “Show notifications” pop-up with Malwarebytes
We recommend using the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your personal computer of the adware. The free tool is an advanced malware removal program designed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This application uses the world’s most popular anti-malware technology. It is able to help you remove undesired “Show notifications” pop up from your web browsers, potentially unwanted applications, malware, browser hijacker infections, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your PC system for free.
- MalwareBytes Free can be downloaded from the following link. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- Once the download is finished, close all software and windows on your computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is complete, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the adware that causes undesired “Show notifications” pop-ups. This process can take some time, so please be patient.
- After MalwareBytes completes the scan, the results are displayed in the scan report. When you’re ready, click “Quarantine Selected”. After that process is complete, you may be prompted to restart your computer.
The following video offers a few simple steps on how to get rid of hijackers, ad supported software and other malicious software with MalwareBytes AntiMalware.
Stop “Show notifications” pop-ups
By installing an ad-blocker program such as AdGuard, you are able to stop “Show notifications” pop-ups, autoplaying video ads and delete tons of distracting and undesired ads on pages.
Click the following link to download AdGuard. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
When downloading is done, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen like below.
Follow the prompts. Once the installation is finished, you will see a window as on the image below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your personal computer, AdGuard will run automatically and stop pop-up ads, “Show notifications” pop-ups, as well as other harmful or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which can be found on your desktop.
Where the “Show notifications” pop-ups comes from
The adware usually gets on your system along with another application in the same installer. The risk of this is especially high for the various free applications downloaded from the Web. The creators of the applications are hoping that users will use the quick setup option, that is simply to click the Next button, without paying attention to the information on the screen and do not carefully considering every step of the installation procedure.
Once you’ve complete the few simple steps outlined above, your PC should be clean from ad-supported software and other malware. The Google Chrome will no longer display “Show notifications” pop-ups. Unfortunately, if the tutorial does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.