If your browser constantly displays the Likingyetsnarl.com web site, then you’re a victim of potentially unwanted application (PUA) from the adware (sometimes named ‘ad-supported’ software) category. In many cases the ad supported software was set on your system without your consent. Because, the ad supported software is often used to display tons of undesired pop-up ads within the Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, IE and Chrome’s screen. As, the advertisers do not disdain to use any methods to promote their sites and attract new users. Below we explain how to delete adware and thus remove Likingyetsnarl.com undesired ads from your browser.
The ad-supported software related to Likingyetsnarl.com redirect, is not a virus, but the virus behaves similarly. As a rootkit hides in the system, changes internet browser settings and blocks them from changing. Also the ad-supported software can install additional internet browser extensions and modules that will inject advertising links within the MS Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer’s screen. Moreover, the ad-supported software may install browser hijacker that once started, will change the browser’s homepage and search engine. The worst is, the adware can be used to collect lots of your confidential information such as what web-pages you are opening, what you are looking for the Web and so on. This privacy data, later, may be transferred third party companies.
In addition to that, as was mentioned earlier, certain adware to also change all browsers shortcuts that located on your Desktop or Start menu. So, every affected shortcut file will try to redirect your web-browser to annoying ad websites like Likingyetsnarl.com, some of which might be malicious. It can make the whole machine more vulnerable to hacker attacks.
We recommend to get rid of the adware which redirects your web browser to unwanted Likingyetsnarl.com web site, as soon as you found this problem, as it can reroute your web-browser to web-resources which may load other harmful software on your PC system.
Remove Likingyetsnarl.com redirect
Fortunately, it is not hard to remove ad-supported software responsible for redirections to Likingyetsnarl.com. In the following tutorial, we will provide two ways to clean your system of this adware. One is the manual removal solution and the other is automatic removal solution. You can choose the solution that best fits you. Please follow the removal steps below to get rid of Likingyetsnarl.com redirect right now!
To remove Likingyetsnarl.com, follow the steps below:
- Manual Likingyetsnarl.com pop-up advertisements removal
- Delete potentially unwanted apps using Windows Control Panel
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
- Disinfect the web-browser’s shortcuts to remove Likingyetsnarl.com redirect
- Delete Likingyetsnarl.com redirect from Internet Explorer
- Remove Likingyetsnarl.com pop up advertisements from Chrome
- Remove Likingyetsnarl.com advertisements from Mozilla Firefox
- Scan your computer and remove Likingyetsnarl.com popup ads with free utilities
- Use AdBlocker to stop Likingyetsnarl.com and stay safe online
- Method of Likingyetsnarl.com redirect intrusion into your machine
- To sum up
Manual Likingyetsnarl.com pop-up advertisements removal
The step-by-step guide will help you delete Likingyetsnarl.com ads. These Likingyetsnarl.com removal steps work for the Internet Explorer, Firefox, MS Edge and Chrome, as well as every version of MS Windows operating system.
Delete potentially unwanted apps using Windows Control Panel
Some applications are free only because their installer contains an ad supported software. This unwanted programs generates revenue for the developers when it is installed. More often this adware can be removed by simply uninstalling it from the ‘Uninstall a Program’ that is located in MS Windows control panel.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category like below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel as displayed below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of applications installed on your computer. Most probably, one of them is the adware that causes internet browsers to open intrusive Likingyetsnarl.com pop up advertisements. If you have many applications installed, you can help simplify the search of malicious software by sort the list by date of installation. Once you have found a suspicious, unwanted or unused program, right click to it, after that click ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
When the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to press ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as on the image below.
You will see a list of applications installed on your PC system. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the applications that were installed last. Most likely, it is the adware responsible for redirecting your web-browser to Likingyetsnarl.com page. If you’re in doubt, you can always check the program by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. Once the program which you need to uninstall is found, simply click on its name, and then click ‘Uninstall’ as shown in the figure below.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the adware can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you start your machine, it will show Likingyetsnarl.com undesired webpage. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all malicious tasks that have been created by adware.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard simultaneously. It will open a dialog box that titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as on the image below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something such as “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need delete this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it’s a component of the ‘ad-supported’ program, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown on the image below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by malicious programs. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
Disinfect the web-browser’s shortcuts to remove Likingyetsnarl.com redirect
Now you need to clean up the internet browser shortcuts. Check that the shortcut referring to the right exe-file of the web-browser, and not on any unknown file.
Right click on the shortcut of infected internet browser like below.
Select the “Properties” option and it’ll open the shortcut file’s properties. Next, click the “Shortcut” tab and then delete the “http://site.address” string from Target field as shown below.
Then click OK to save changes. Repeat the step for all web browsers that are rerouted to the Likingyetsnarl.com unwanted web page.
Delete Likingyetsnarl.com redirect from Internet Explorer
In order to recover all web-browser default search provider, start page and new tab you need to reset the Microsoft Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the Microsoft Windows was installed on your personal computer.
First, open the IE. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The IE will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as displayed below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your machine for the changes to take effect.
Remove Likingyetsnarl.com pop up advertisements from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a easy way to delete the hijackers, malicious and ‘ad-supported’ extensions, as well as to recover the web browser’s startpage, default search engine and newtab that have been changed by adware that causes intrusive Likingyetsnarl.com ads.
- First run the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is finished, your web browser’s search provider by default, home page and new tab will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Likingyetsnarl.com advertisements from Mozilla Firefox
If the Firefox browser application is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Mozilla Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Firefox settings such as search provider, start page and new tab to their original settings. It will keep your personal information like browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
Start the Firefox and press the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the web browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will display the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown in the figure below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Mozilla Firefox will start a process to fix your problems that caused by the adware that causes multiple annoying popup ads. Once, it is finished, press the “Finish” button.
Scan your computer and remove Likingyetsnarl.com popup ads with free utilities
After completing the manual removal guide above all unwanted programs, malicious internet browser’s extensions and ad-supported software responsible for Likingyetsnarl.com advertisements should be deleted. If the problem with Likingyetsnarl.com pop up advertisements is still remained, then we suggest to scan your PC for any remaining malicious components. Use recommended free ‘ad supported’ software removal applications below.
Automatically get rid of Likingyetsnarl.com popup ads with Zemana Anti-malware
We advise using the Zemana Anti-malware which are completely clean your computer of the ad supported software. The utility is an advanced malicious software removal program made by (c) Zemana lab. It is able to help you remove PUPs, browser hijackers, malicious software, toolbars, ransomware and adware that cause intrusive Likingyetsnarl.com pop up advertisements to appear.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of Zemana Free for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the downloading process is complete, please close all applications and open windows on your computer. Next, run a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of Zemana AntiMalware onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Free will run and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to begin scanning your computer for the ad supported software that responsible for the appearance of Likingyetsnarl.com pop up ads. During the scan Zemana will detect threats present on your machine.
- When Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) has completed scanning your machine, Zemana Free will open a list of detected threats.
- Once you’ve selected what you want to delete from your PC system click the “Next” button. The utility will get rid of ad-supported software responsible for redirections to Likingyetsnarl.com and add threats to the Quarantine. When that process is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the PC.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) and continue with the next step.
Remove Likingyetsnarl.com pop-up ads from internet browsers with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro is a free removal tool. It removes PUPs, ad supported software, hijackers and unwanted web browser addons. It will identify and get rid of ad supported software responsible for Likingyetsnarl.com redirect. Hitman Pro uses very small system resources and is a portable application. Moreover, Hitman Pro does add another layer of malware protection.
- Download Hitman Pro by clicking on the link below. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When the download is finished, start the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, click the “Next” to perform a system scan for the adware that causes a lot of intrusive Likingyetsnarl.com pop up advertisements. This task can take some time, so please be patient. While the HitmanPro application is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- When Hitman Pro has finished scanning, a list of all items found is produced. Once you’ve selected what you want to remove from your personal computer press “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Use Malwarebytes to get rid of Likingyetsnarl.com ads
Remove Likingyetsnarl.com pop up ads manually is difficult and often the adware is not completely removed. Therefore, we suggest you to use the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your PC system. Moreover, the free program will allow you to remove malware, PUPs, toolbars and browser hijackers that your PC can be infected too.
MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
Once the downloading process is done, close all software and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup as shown below.
When the install begins, you’ll see the “Setup wizard” which will help you setup Malwarebytes on your computer.
Once setup is complete, you’ll see window as displayed below.
Now click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the ad-supported software that causes a large number of undesired Likingyetsnarl.com popup ads. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC. While the MalwareBytes AntiMalware program is scanning, you may see count of objects it has identified as threat.
After MalwareBytes AntiMalware has completed scanning, MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) will prepare a list of unwanted and adware. Review the results once the tool has complete the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes will now start to delete ‘ad supported’ software related to Likingyetsnarl.com ads. When that process is finished, you may be prompted to restart your personal computer.
The following video explains guidance on how to delete browser hijacker infection, ad supported software and other malware with MalwareBytes Free.
Use AdBlocker to stop Likingyetsnarl.com and stay safe online
Use an ad-blocker tool like AdGuard will protect you from malicious ads and content. Moreover, you can find that the AdGuard have an option to protect your privacy and block phishing and spam web-sites. Additionally, adblocker apps will help you to avoid intrusive pop-ups and unverified links that also a good way to stay safe online.
Download AdGuard on your Windows Desktop from the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
After the downloading process is done, double-click the downloaded file to launch it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen like below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guidance as shown below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick guide which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your machine, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, Likingyetsnarl.com redirect, as well as other harmful or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
Method of Likingyetsnarl.com redirect intrusion into your machine
To sum up
Now your computer should be clean of the ‘ad supported’ software that causes multiple undesired pop ups. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted ads and undesired harmful websites) and Zemana Anti Malware (to periodically scan your computer for new ad supported softwares and other malware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Likingyetsnarl.com popups from the IE, Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Chrome, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.