According to cyber threat analysts, Media New Page is a potentially unwanted application (PUA) from the family of browser hijackers. Once this hijacker get installed on your PC, it takes over your browser such as Firefox, Google Chrome, IE and Microsoft Edge. Media New Page imposes changes to your web-browser’s settings, including search engine, new tab and startpage, and installs unwanted extensions deep inside your system. This is the main reason why you need to get rid of it from your personal computer and return your web browser search provider and startpage back to the default.
When you are performing searches using the browser that has been affected by Media New Page, the search results will be returned from Bing, Yahoo or Google Custom Search. The makers of Media New Page hijacker infection are most likely doing this to make advertisement money from the ads shown in the search results.
It is probably that you might be worried with the browser hijacker which cause a redirect to Media New Page. You should not disregard this unwanted software. The browser hijacker might not only modify your home page or search engine, but redirect your internet browser to various unwanted web-sites.
What is more, the hijacker can analyze your surfing, and gain access to your privacy data and, afterwards, can transfer it third party companies. Thus, there are more than enough reasons to get rid of Media New Page from your web-browser.
The guide below explaining steps to delete Media New Page problem. Feel free to use it for removal of the browser hijacker that may attack Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, IE and Mozilla Firefox and other popular web-browsers. The steps will help you return your settings of installed web browsers which previously replaced by hijacker infection.
How to remove Media New Page from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
Fortunately, it is not hard to delete the Media New Page hijacker. In the following instructions, we will provide two solutions to clean your system of this browser hijacker infection. One is the manual removal way and the other is automatic removal solution. You can choose the way that best fits you. Please follow the removal instructions below to remove Media New Page right now!
To remove Media New Page, follow the steps below:
- Manual Media New Page search removal
- How to get rid of Media New Page start page with free applications
- How to stop Media New Page
- How did Media New Page browser hijacker get on your machine
- To sum up
Manual Media New Page search removal
The useful removal instructions for the Media New Page . The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to remove Media New Page redirect let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
Uninstall PUPs through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
First, go to Windows Control Panel and uninstall questionable apps, all applications you do not remember installing. It’s important to pay the most attention to software you installed just before Media New Page hijacker appeared on your web browser. If you don’t know what a program does, look for the answer on the Net.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will open a list of all applications installed on the system.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall questionable and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort apps by date.
See more details in the video tutorial below.
Get rid of Media New Page redirect from IE
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your internet browser is hijacked or you’ve unwanted extensions or toolbars on your browser, which installed by a malware.
First, start the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, press “Internet Options” as shown in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. It will remove browser hijacker which cause a reroute to Media New Page page, disable malicious and ad-supported web-browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings such as homepage, search engine by default and new tab to default state.
Delete Media New Page redirect from Chrome
Run the Reset internet browser utility of the Chrome to reset all its settings like start page, search provider by default and newtab page to original defaults. This is a very useful utility to use, in the case of web-browser hijacks like Media New Page.
- First, run the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset settings dialog box as on the image above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove Media New Page from Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
If the Mozilla Firefox internet browser application is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Mozilla Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Mozilla Firefox settings like default search provider, new tab and home page to their default values. It will keep your personal information like browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown on the screen below.
A small menu will appear, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button as shown below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to return your Firefox internet browser settings to their original settings.
How to get rid of Media New Page start page with free applications
If you are unsure how to remove Media New Page hijacker easily, consider using automatic browser hijacker removal applications which listed below. It will identify the browser hijacker responsible for modifying your browser settings to Media New Page and get rid of it from your PC system for free.
How to remove Media New Page with Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM)
Zemana highly recommended, because it can detect security threats such adware and browser hijackers which most ‘classic’ antivirus software fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any Media New Page hijacker removal problems which cannot be fixed by this tool automatically, then Zemana Free provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
- Installing the Zemana Anti-Malware is simple. First you will need to download Zemana Anti-Malware on your machine by clicking on the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the downloading process is finished, please close all apps and open windows on your PC. Next, start a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Free onto your PC. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti-Malware will run and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the hijacker infection responsible for redirects to Media New Page. When a threat is found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly.
- After the scan is complete, Zemana Anti-Malware will create a list of unwanted and ad-supported software.
- Once you have selected what you want to get rid of from your computer press the “Next” button. The utility will get rid of hijacker responsible for redirects to Media New Page. When that process is finished, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Get rid of Media New Page start page from web-browsers with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro is a free utility which can identify hijacker responsible for redirections to Media New Page. It’s not always easy to locate all the unwanted software that your computer might have picked up on the Internet. Hitman Pro will scan for the adware, browser hijackers and other malicious software you need to uninstall.
Download Hitman Pro on your computer from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and run Hitman Pro on your personal computer. Once started, click “Next” button . Hitman Pro program will scan through the whole personal computer for the hijacker infection that redirects your internet browser to unwanted Media New Page web-site. .
As the scanning ends, Hitman Pro will display you the results.
In order to remove all items, simply press Next button.
It will open a prompt, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to delete all malware found.
Remove Media New Page start page with Malwarebytes
You can remove Media New Page automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We advise this free malicious software removal tool because it can easily get rid of browser hijackers, adware, PUPs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
Click the following link to download MalwareBytes Free. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
After downloading is finished, close all windows on your computer. Further, start the file named mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as displayed on the image below, press the “Yes” button.
It will display the “Setup wizard” that will assist you install MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) on the PC system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once setup is finished successfully, press Finish button. Then MalwareBytes Free will automatically run and you can see its main window as on the image below.
Next, press the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Anti Malware application will scan through the whole PC system for the browser hijacker which cause a reroute to Media New Page web site.
When MalwareBytes Anti-Malware has completed scanning your PC system, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) will display you the results. Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and press “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes Free will remove hijacker infection that responsible for browser redirect to the intrusive Media New Page webpage and add items to the Quarantine. Once disinfection is complete, you can be prompted to reboot your system. We recommend you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to delete hijacker infections, ad-supported software and other malware.
How to stop Media New Page
We suggest to install an adblocker application that can stop Media New Page and other annoying web sites. The ad-blocker utility like AdGuard is a program which basically removes advertising from the Web and stops access to malicious webpages. Moreover, security experts says that using adblocker software is necessary to stay safe when surfing the World Wide Web.
- Download AdGuard on your Windows Desktop by clicking on the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the setup is finished, click “Skip” to close the install application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop popup advertisements, websites such as Media New Page, as well as other harmful or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
How did Media New Page browser hijacker get on your machine
Many hijackers like Media New Page come from internet browser toolbars, web browser extensions, BHOs (browser helper objects) and additional applications. In many cases, these items claim itself as programs which improve your experience on the Web by providing a fast and interactive homepage or a search engine that does not track you. Remember, how to avoid the unwanted applications. Be cautious, start only reputable apps which download from reputable sources. NEVER install an unknown and suspicious program.
To sum up
Now your computer should be clean of the hijacker which modifies internet browser settings to replace your newtab page, search engine and startpage with Media New Page site. We suggest that you keep Zemana Free (to periodically scan your computer for new browser hijackers and other malware) and AdGuard (to help you stop undesired advertisements and harmful sites). Moreover, to prevent any browser hijacker, please stay clear of unknown and third party applications, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to find PUPs.
If you need more help with Media New Page homepage related issues, go to our Spyware/Malware removal forum.