If you see Search.search4ppl2.com show up on your web browser’s screen, then is a clear indication of the browser hijacker infection’s presence. The browser hijacker infection modifies your start page and search provider. Being infected with hijacker, the annoying Search.search4ppl2.com will appear when you open a new tab page, or surf the World Wide Web. Further into the article we will give you more information about this hijacker, but know that the best method to handle the Search.search4ppl2.com browser hijacker infection is to fully get rid of it from your personal computer ASAP.
After the hijack, common symptoms include:
- Modifying the Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer built-in search box and search provider to http://query.search4ppl2.com;
- Modifying internet browser’s home page to http://search.search4ppl2.com;
- Replacing the ‘new tab page’ URL to launch an unwanted page.
Although, Search.search4ppl2.com hijacker is not a virus, but it does bad things, and it makes changes to current settings of installed web browsers. Moreover, an adware (sometimes named ‘ad-supported’ software) can be additionally installed on to your PC by this hijacker, which will show lots of ads, or even massive full page ads that blocks surfing the Internet. Often such these ads can recommend to install other unknown and unwanted apps or visit harmful sites.
The tutorial below explaining steps to get rid of Search.search4ppl2.com problem. Feel free to use it for removal of the browser hijacker that may attack IE, Edge, Firefox and Chrome and other popular browsers. The guide will help you return your settings of all your typical web-browsers which previously replaced by browser hijacker.
How to remove Search.search4ppl2.com from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
Even if you have the up-to-date classic antivirus installed, and you have checked your computer for malware and removed anything found, you need to do the tutorial below. The Search.search4ppl2.com hijacker removal is not simple as installing another antivirus. Classic antivirus apps are not developed to run together and will conflict with each other, or possibly crash Windows. Instead we advise complete the manual steps below after that run Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM), MalwareBytes AntiMalware or Hitman Pro, which are free apps dedicated to find and remove malware like Search.search4ppl2.com browser hijacker infection. Run these utilities to ensure the browser hijacker is removed.
To remove Search.search4ppl2.com, complete the following steps:
- How to manually delete Search.search4ppl2.com
- Scan your computer and remove Search.search4ppl2.com with free tools
- Block Search.search4ppl2.com redirect and other annoying web-sites
- Where the Search.search4ppl2.com hijacker comes from
- To sum up
How to manually delete Search.search4ppl2.com
Steps to remove Search.search4ppl2.com hijacker without any apps are presented below. Be sure to carry out the step-by-step guidance completely to fully remove this intrusive Search.search4ppl2.com search.
Uninstall questionable applications using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
First method for manual hijacker removal is to go into the Windows “Control Panel”, then “Uninstall a program” console. Take a look at the list of software on your computer and see if there are any questionable and unknown apps. If you see any, you need to remove them. Of course, before doing so, you can do an Internet search to find details on the application. If it is a potentially unwanted program, adware or malicious software, you will likely find information that says so.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Microsoft Windows logo, and then press Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as displayed below.
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as displayed in the following example.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right as displayed in the figure below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 7 or Vista) as displayed in the following example.
Carefully browse through the list of installed programs and get rid of all suspicious and unknown programs. We recommend to press ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed apps by date. When you have found anything dubious that may be the browser hijacker infection that responsible for internet browser redirect to the intrusive Search.search4ppl2.com website or other PUP (potentially unwanted program), then select this application and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the dubious application blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully get rid of it from your personal computer.
Remove Search.search4ppl2.com redirect from Firefox
Resetting Mozilla Firefox web browser will reset all the settings to their original state and will remove Search.search4ppl2.com, malicious add-ons and extensions. It’ll keep your personal information like browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
First, open the Mozilla Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as on the image below.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Delete Search.search4ppl2.com from Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to delete the hijacker infection, malicious and adware extensions, as well as to recover the browser’s default search engine, newtab and homepage that have been changed by hijacker.
- First, launch the Google Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset settings prompt as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the web browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Search.search4ppl2.com search from IE
First, open the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown in the figure below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your PC system for the changes to take effect.
Scan your computer and remove Search.search4ppl2.com with free tools
The manual instructions above is tedious to follow and can not always help to completely remove the Search.search4ppl2.com browser hijacker. Here I am telling you an automatic method to remove this hijacker infection from your system completely. Zemana Anti Malware, MalwareBytes and Hitman Pro are anti-malware utilities that can detect and delete all kinds of malware including hijacker which redirects your internet browser to undesired Search.search4ppl2.com web site.
How to automatically delete Search.search4ppl2.com with Zemana
You can get rid of Search.search4ppl2.com redirect automatically with a help of Zemana Anti Malware. We recommend this malicious software removal utility because it can easily delete browser hijackers, potentially unwanted programs, ‘ad supported’ software and toolbars with all their components such as folders, files and registry entries.
Download Zemana Free on your computer by clicking on the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
After the downloading process is complete, close all applications and windows on your machine. Double-click the install file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as displayed on the screen below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” that will help you setup Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) on your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is complete successfully, Zemana Anti-Malware will automatically start and you can see its main screen as displayed below.
Now press the “Scan” button to begin scanning your computer for the hijacker responsible for redirecting your internet browser to Search.search4ppl2.com page. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your system. While the utility is scanning, you may see how many objects and files has already scanned.
When the checking is finished, Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will open a list of found threats. You may delete threats (move to Quarantine) by simply click “Next” button. The Zemana will delete Search.search4ppl2.com hijacker infection and other browser’s harmful extensions and move items to the program’s quarantine. After the clean up is finished, you may be prompted to restart the system.
Get rid of Search.search4ppl2.com from web-browsers with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro is a free program which made to get rid of malware, PUPs, ad supported software and browser hijackers from your personal computer running MS Windows 10, 8, 7, XP (32-bit and 64-bit). It will help to identify and delete hijacker infection which cause a redirect to Search.search4ppl2.com website, including its files, folders and registry keys.
- Click the following link to download HitmanPro. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When the download is complete, start the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, press the “Next” for checking your computer for the hijacker that designed to redirect your web-browser to the Search.search4ppl2.com web page. This procedure may take some time, so please be patient.
- After the scanning is finished, Hitman Pro will create a list of undesired and ad-supported software. In order to get rid of all threats, simply click “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to delete all malicious software found.
Run Malwarebytes to get rid of Search.search4ppl2.com
Remove Search.search4ppl2.com browser hijacker manually is difficult and often the hijacker is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your system. Moreover, the free program will allow you to remove malware, potentially unwanted applications, toolbars and adware that your machine can be infected too.
Installing the MalwareBytes Anti Malware is simple. First you’ll need to download MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) on your system by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
After the downloading process is finished, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the MalwareBytes will try to update itself and when this task is finished, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Anti Malware application will scan through the whole personal computer for the hijacker infection that responsible for internet browser redirect to the undesired Search.search4ppl2.com web-site. Depending on your machine, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a malicious software, adware or potentially unwanted apps are detected, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is done. Review the results once the tool has done the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) is a free program that you can use to delete all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malware removal utility, we suggest you to read and follow the few simple steps or the video guide below.
Block Search.search4ppl2.com redirect and other annoying web-sites
Running an ad blocking program such as AdGuard is an effective way to alleviate the risks. Additionally, ad blocking software will also protect you from malicious advertisements and webpages, and, of course, block redirection chain to Search.search4ppl2.com and similar web-sites.
- Download AdGuard on your system from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
- Once the download is complete, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the setup is done, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop-ups, Search.search4ppl2.com redirect, as well as other malicious or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
Where the Search.search4ppl2.com hijacker comes from
To sum up
Once you have done the tutorial above, your machine should be clean from hijacker responsible for modifying your internet browser settings to Search.search4ppl2.com and other malicious software. The Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Chrome will no longer show intrusive Search.search4ppl2.com page on startup. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step instructions does not help you, then you have caught a new hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.