If Instantly Converter have become the Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and MS Edge browser’s new start page or search provider without your consent, then you have a browser hijacker on your personal computer. The browser hijacker is mostly a PUP (potentially unwanted program) or an internet browser extension. It is has the ability to to modify search provider, start page and some other settings of a browser for the sole purpose of boosting traffic and monetizing traffic.
Besides the fact that Instantly Converter browser hijacker infection modifies your homepage, this intrusive site can set yourself as your search provider. But, obviously, it does not give you a good search results, as they will consist of tons of advertisements, links to undesired and ad web-sites and only the remaining part is search results for your query from the major search providers. Of course, the very fact that you encounter with the inability to properly search the Web, is an unpleasant moment. Moreover, the Instantly Converter browser hijacker has the ability to gather a wide variety of privacy data. This confidential information, in the future, may be transferred third party companies. What creates the risk of theft of personal data about you.
Some hijacker infections also contain ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) that has the ability to display intrusive ads or gather lots of your user data that can be transferred third party companies. These unwanted advertisements can be displayed in the form of pop-unders, pop-ups, in-text advertisements, video advertisements, text links or banners or even massive full page ads. Most of the ‘ad supported’ software is developed to show ads, but some ‘ad supported’ software is form of spyware that often used to track users to gather your confidential info.
To find out how to get rid of Instantly Converter search, we advise to read the guidance added to this post below. The instructions was designed by cyber security experts who discovered a way to get rid of the annoying Instantly Converter hijacker out of the PC.
Remove Instantly Converter from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
As with removing adware, malware or potentially unwanted software, there are few steps you may do. We advise trying them all. If you do only one part of the tutorial, then it should be use malicious software removal tool, because it should remove hijacker and stop any further infection. But to completely get rid of the Instantly Converter you’ll have to at least reset your browser settings like new tab page, default search provider and homepage to default state, disinfect internet browsers shortcuts, remove all unwanted and suspicious programs, and remove browser hijacker infection with malware removal utilities. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to exit your internet browser or restart your machine.
To remove Instantly Converter, execute the steps below:
- How to get rid of Instantly Converter search without any software
- Instantly Converter home page automatic removal
- Run AdBlocker to block Instantly Converter and stay safe online
- How did you get infected with Instantly Converter browser hijacker
- To sum up
How to get rid of Instantly Converter search without any software
The step-by-step guide will help you remove Instantly Converter . These Instantly Converter removal steps work for the IE, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and MS Edge, as well as every version of Windows operating system.
Remove Instantly Converter associated software by using MS Windows Control Panel
It’s of primary importance to first identify and remove all potentially unwanted software, adware apps and hijacker infections through ‘Add/Remove Programs’ (Windows XP) or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 10, 8, 7) section of your Microsoft Windows Control Panel.
Make sure you have closed all web-browsers and other software. Press CTRL, ALT, DEL keys together to open the Microsoft Windows Task Manager.
Click on the “Processes” tab, look for something suspicious that is the browser hijacker infection that cause a redirect to Instantly Converter web site then right-click it and select “End Task” or “End Process” option. In many cases, malware masks itself to avoid detection by imitating legitimate MS Windows processes. A process is particularly suspicious: it is taking up a lot of memory (despite the fact that you closed all of your programs), its name is not familiar to you (if you’re in doubt, you can always check the program by doing a search for its name in Google, Yahoo or Bing).
Next, uninstall any undesired and suspicious programs from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, press the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Choose “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of software installed on your personal computer. Most probably, one of them is the hijacker which redirects your web-browser to intrusive Instantly Converter web page. Select the suspicious program or the program that name is not familiar to you and remove it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in MS Windows, select “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, choose “Uninstall a program”.
Choose the questionable or any unknown software, then click “Uninstall/Change” button to delete this unwanted program from your system.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Select an unwanted program, then press “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Get rid of Instantly Converter search from IE
First, start the IE. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as shown in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Remove Instantly Converter from Mozilla Firefox
Resetting Mozilla Firefox browser will reset all the settings to their default values and will remove Instantly Converter, malicious add-ons and extensions. It’ll keep your personal information such as browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
First, run the Firefox and click button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the internet browser. Further, click the Help button () as on the image below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the browser adress bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the image below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will show the confirmation prompt. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the hijacker that responsible for web-browser redirect to the intrusive Instantly Converter web-page. After, it’s done, click the “Finish” button.
Get rid of Instantly Converter redirect from Chrome
Run the Reset web-browser utility of the Chrome to reset all its settings like start page, default search engine and newtab page to original defaults. This is a very useful utility to use, in the case of browser hijacks such as Instantly Converter.
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed extensions. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Chrome main menu again, click to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown in the figure below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, press the “Reset” button.
Instantly Converter home page automatic removal
In order to completely remove Instantly Converter, you not only need to uninstall it from the browsers, but also delete all its components in your PC including Windows registry entries. We advise to download and use free removal tools to automatically clean your computer of Instantly Converter browser hijacker.
Scan and clean your PC system of Instantly Converter with Zemana
You can download and use the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) for free. This anti malware tool will scan all the registry entries and files in your PC along with the system settings and browser extensions. If it finds any malware, adware or malicious extension that is causing redirect in your web-browsers to the Instantly Converter then the Zemana will remove them from your machine completely.
- Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) can be downloaded from the following link. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When downloading is finished, please close all apps and open windows on your machine. Next, run a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti-Malware will open and display the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button to detect browser hijacker that redirects your browser to undesired Instantly Converter page. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your system. While the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) utility is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as being infected by malicious software.
- When the scan get completed, the results are displayed in the scan report.
- Review the report and then press the “Next” button. The utility will remove hijacker that responsible for web-browser redirect to the unwanted Instantly Converter site and add items to the Quarantine. After the process is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
- Close the Zemana and continue with the next step.
Delete Instantly Converter browser hijacker and malicious extensions with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro is a free program that created to delete malicious software, potentially unwanted software, ‘ad supported’ software and hijackers from your computer running Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 7, XP (32-bit and 64-bit). It will help to scan for and get rid of hijacker related to Instantly Converter startpage, including its files, folders and registry keys.
- Please go to the following link to download the latest version of HitmanPro for Windows. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When downloading is finished, start the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, press the “Next” to begin checking your PC for the browser hijacker responsible for redirects to Instantly Converter. Depending on your machine, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the tool is checking, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- Once finished, Hitman Pro will show a list of all threats detected by the scan. Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and press “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
How to remove Instantly Converter with Malwarebytes
You can remove Instantly Converter automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We suggest this free malicious software removal utility because it can easily remove browser hijacker infections, adware, potentially unwanted applications and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- Installing the MalwareBytes is simple. First you will need to download MalwareBytes on your personal computer from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the downloading process is finished, please close all software and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Free onto your machine. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Free will start and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Anti Malware tool will start scanning the whole system to find out browser hijacker responsible for Instantly Converter . A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your personal computer and the speed of your personal computer. While the MalwareBytes AntiMalware tool is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified as being infected by malware.
- When MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) has completed scanning your system, MalwareBytes Anti Malware will prepare a list of unwanted and ad-supported software.
- All detected threats will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click the “Quarantine Selected” button. When finished, you may be prompted to restart the personal computer.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Run AdBlocker to block Instantly Converter and stay safe online
The AdGuard is a very good ad blocking program for the Firefox, IE, Edge and Google Chrome, with active user support. It does a great job by removing certain types of intrusive advertisements, popunders, pop ups, undesired newtabs, and even full page ads and site overlay layers. Of course, the AdGuard can stop the Instantly Converter redirect automatically or by using a custom filter rule.
Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you’ll need to download AdGuard on your MS Windows Desktop from the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, double-click the downloaded file to run it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as shown on the screen below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guide as shown below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and block pop up advertisements, sites such as Instantly Converter, as well as other harmful or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that can be found on your desktop.
How did you get infected with Instantly Converter browser hijacker
Most often, the Instantly Converter hijacker infection spreads bundled with the installers from a free hosting and file sharing web sites. So, install a free applications is a a good chance that you will find a bundled browser hijacker. If you don’t know how to avoid it, then use a simple trick. During the install, select the Custom or Advanced setup option. Next, press ‘Decline’ button and clear all checkboxes on offers that ask you to install optional software. Moreover, please carefully read Term of use and User agreement before installing any software or otherwise you can end up with another unwanted program on your system such as this hijacker.
To sum up
Now your system should be free of the hijacker responsible for redirecting your internet browser to Instantly Converter web page. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop-up ads and unwanted harmful pages) and Zemana Anti Malware (to periodically scan your computer for new malware, hijacker infections and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Microsoft Windows operating system. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new hijackers, harmful applications and ‘ad supported’ software are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Instantly Converter from your internet browser, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.