Probably you are one of those people, who are facing BrowserBleach.com and its malicious changes to internet browser settings, may think that there is something wrong with your computer. The constant start page and search engine redirections may cause the difficulty of browsing the Internet. Your attempts to return your favorite web-browser’s search engine, home page and newtab page are usually in vain because returning the Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer settings to default states becomes impossible unless you fully delete BrowserBleach.com hijacker from your personal computer.
The BrowserBleach.com hijacker will change your internet browser’s search provider so that all searches are sent through BrowserBleach.com, that redirections to Bing, Yahoo or Google Custom Search engine that displays the search results for your query. The developers of this browser hijacker infection are using legitimate search provider as they may earn revenue from the ads which are displayed in the search results.
The BrowserBleach.com hijacker infection is not a virus, but the virus behaves similarly. As a rootkit hides in the system, introduces various changes to settings of all your typical web-browsers, and blocks them from changing. Also this browser hijacker can install additional browser add-ons and modules that will show ads and pop ups. And finally, the BrowserBleach.com hijacker infection be able to gather a wide variety of user data about you like what web pages you are opening, what you are looking for the Net and so on. This information, in the future, can be used for marketing purposes.
We recommend you to delete BrowserBleach.com and clean your PC of browser hijacker as quickly as possible, until the presence of the browser hijacker has not led to even worse consequences. Perform the guide below that will help you to completely delete BrowserBleach.com , using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free utilities.
How to remove BrowserBleach.com from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
As with removing ad supported software, malicious software or potentially unwanted software, there are few steps you may do. We suggest trying them all. If you do only one part of the guidance, then it should be run malware removal utility, because it should delete hijacker and stop any further infection. But to completely remove the BrowserBleach.com you’ll have to at least reset your web-browser settings like default search engine, new tab page and startpage to default state, disinfect web browsers shortcuts, uninstall all unwanted and suspicious software, and remove browser hijacker by malicious software removal utilities. Some of the steps below will require you to exit this web-site. So, please read the few simple steps carefully, after that bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove BrowserBleach.com, use the following steps:
- Delete BrowserBleach.com search without any tools
- Use free malware removal tools to completely get rid of BrowserBleach.com homepage
- How to stop BrowserBleach.com
- How to BrowserBleach.com browser hijacker infection get installed onto PC
- Finish words
Delete BrowserBleach.com search without any tools
Read this section to know how to manually remove the BrowserBleach.com hijacker. Even if the steps does not work for you, there are several free malware removers below which can easily handle such browser hijackers.
Uninstall PUPs through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
In order to remove PUPs such as this hijacker, open the Microsoft Windows Control Panel and click on “Uninstall a program”. Check the list of installed apps. For the ones you do not know, run an Internet search to see if they are adware, hijacker or potentially unwanted software. If yes, delete them off. Even if they are just a software that you do not use, then deleting them off will increase your PC system start up time and speed dramatically.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel as shown on the image below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of apps installed on your computer. Most likely, one of them is the browser hijacker that made to redirect your web-browser to the BrowserBleach.com web page. If you have many apps installed, you can help simplify the search of harmful applications by sort the list by date of installation. Once you have found a questionable, unwanted or unused program, right click to it, after that click ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Once the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to press ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as on the image below.
You will see a list of apps installed on your computer. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the applications that were installed last. Most likely, it is the hijacker that redirects your web browser to intrusive BrowserBleach.com webpage. If you are in doubt, you can always check the application by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. After the program which you need to delete is found, simply click on its name, and then press ‘Uninstall’ as on the image below.
Delete BrowserBleach.com home page from Chrome
If your Chrome internet browser is re-directed to intrusive BrowserBleach.com page, it may be necessary to completely reset your internet browser application to its default settings.
- First start the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is finished, your web browser’s search engine, new tab and startpage will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove BrowserBleach.com from IE
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your internet browser is hijacked or you’ve unwanted addons or toolbars on your browser, which installed by a malicious software.
First, start the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as displayed in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The IE will display the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. It will remove browser hijacker infection responsible for modifying your web-browser settings to BrowserBleach.com, disable malicious and ad-supported internet browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings like default search provider, homepage and newtab to default state.
Remove BrowserBleach.com startpage from Firefox
Resetting your Mozilla Firefox is basic troubleshooting step for any issues with your internet browser application, including the redirect to BrowserBleach.com web-page.
Run the Mozilla Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will show the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page like below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the hijacker responsible for changing your web-browser settings to BrowserBleach.com. When, it is finished, click the “Finish” button.
Use free malware removal tools to completely get rid of BrowserBleach.com homepage
After completing the manual removal steps above all unwanted applications and web-browser’s extensions which causes web browser redirects to the BrowserBleach.com webpage should be removed. If the problem with BrowserBleach.com browser hijacker is still remained, then we recommend to scan your PC system for any remaining malicious components. Use recommended free hijacker removal applications below.
Remove BrowserBleach.com with Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM)
We suggest using the Zemana which are completely clean your computer of the hijacker. The utility is an advanced malicious software removal application developed by (c) Zemana lab. It is able to help you remove potentially unwanted programs, browser hijackers, adware, malicious software, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your PC system for free.
- Zemana AntiMalware can be downloaded from the following link. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will show the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download is done, please close all applications and open windows on your computer. Next, start a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will start and show the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button . Zemana program will scan through the whole PC system for the hijacker responsible for changing your web browser settings to BrowserBleach.com. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the Zemana is scanning, you may see count of objects it has identified either as being malware.
- After the scanning is finished, Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will produce a list of undesired and ad-supported software.
- All found threats will be marked. You can delete them all by simply press the “Next” button. The tool will remove hijacker that responsible for web-browser redirect to the annoying BrowserBleach.com web page. When disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the Zemana and continue with the next step.
Scan your machine and get rid of BrowserBleach.com homepage with HitmanPro
HitmanPro is a free application which made to remove malware, potentially unwanted software, adware and browser hijackers from your PC system running Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 7, XP (32-bit and 64-bit). It will help to identify and delete hijacker infection which modifies internet browser settings to replace your start page, newtab page and search engine by default with BrowserBleach.com web site, including its files, folders and registry keys.
- Hitman Pro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After downloading is complete, start the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, press the “Next” . HitmanPro utility will begin scanning the whole PC system to find out browser hijacker infection that responsible for web-browser redirect to the intrusive BrowserBleach.com web-page. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. When a malware, ad supported software or PUPs are found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is done.
- When the scan get finished, a list of all items detected is produced. Next, you need to click “Next”. Now, press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malicious software found.
Use Malwarebytes to remove browser hijacker
You can get rid of BrowserBleach.com startpage automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We suggest this free malicious software removal utility because it can easily remove hijacker infections, ‘ad supported’ software, PUPs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- Installing the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) is simple. First you will need to download MalwareBytes Free by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the downloading process is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes AntiMalware onto your PC. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will start and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Free program will scan through the whole PC system for the hijacker that redirects your browser to intrusive BrowserBleach.com website. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC system. When a malware, ad-supported software or potentially unwanted apps are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is done.
- Once the system scan is done, you will be shown the list of all detected threats on your computer.
- You may remove items (move to Quarantine) by simply click the “Quarantine Selected” button. When that process is complete, you may be prompted to reboot the PC.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stop BrowserBleach.com
We recommend to install an adblocker application that can block BrowserBleach.com and other unwanted web-pages. The ad blocker tool such as AdGuard is a application that basically removes advertising from the Net and blocks access to malicious pages. Moreover, security experts says that using ad-blocker apps is necessary to stay safe when surfing the World Wide Web.
Visit the following page to download AdGuard. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
After downloading it, double-click the downloaded file to launch it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as shown in the following example.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick instructions as shown in the figure below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick instructions which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your PC system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop popups, BrowserBleach.com redirect, as well as other malicious or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which may be found on your desktop.
How to BrowserBleach.com browser hijacker infection get installed onto PC
The browser hijacker infection is usually spreads along with freeware and install themselves, with or without your knowledge, on your personal computer. This happens especially when you’re installing a freeware. The application setup file tricks you into accepting the install of third party programs, which you don’t really want. Moreover, some paid programs may also install optional applications that you don’t want! Therefore, always download free software and paid programs from reputable download sites. Use ONLY custom or manual setup mode and never blindly click Next button.
Now your PC should be free of the hijacker responsible for redirecting user searches to BrowserBleach.com. We suggest that you keep Zemana Free (to periodically scan your PC system for new browser hijacker infections and other malicious software) and AdGuard (to help you block intrusive pop-up ads and malicious web-pages). Moreover, to prevent any hijacker, please stay clear of unknown and third party software, make sure that your antivirus application, turn on the option to scan for potentially unwanted software.
If you need more help with BrowserBleach.com start page related issues, go to our Spyware/Malware removal forum.