If your browser periodically displays the Newsquench.com webpage then it is possible that your web browser is infected by a nasty ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware). This adware changes the Firefox, MS Edge, Google Chrome and IE settings to display a huge number of undesired pop up ads on all web-sites, including pages where previously you ads have never seen. These ads can be varied: pop-up windows, boxes, in-text ads, different sized banners and so on.
It’s likely that you might be bothered with the adware which made to redirect your web browser to various ad webpages like Newsquench.com. You should not disregard this undesired software. The adware might not only show unwanted ads, but reroute your web browser to malicious web sites. What is more, the ‘ad supported’ software can analyze your browsing, and gain access to your privacy information and, later, can share it with third-parties. Thus, there are more than enough reasons to get rid of Newsquench.com pop-up advertisements from your PC system.
The adware usually affects only the Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and Microsoft Edge by modifying the browser’s settings or installing a malicious addons. Moreover, possible situations, when any other web browsers will be hijacked too. The ‘ad supported’ software will perform a scan of the PC system for browser shortcuts and alter them without your permission. When it infects the web-browser shortcuts, it will add the argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you open the browser, you’ll see an unwanted Newsquench.com web site.
So, if you happen to encounter intrusive Newsquench.com ads, then be quick and take effort to remove adware that causes browsers to open undesired Newsquench.com pop-up ads sooner. Follow the step-by-step instructions below to remove Newsquench.com ads. Let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
Remove Newsquench.com redirect
As with removing ad supported software, malware or potentially unwanted apps, there are few steps you can do. We suggest trying them all. If you do only one part of the tutorial, then it should be run malware removal utility, because it should get rid of adware and block any further infection. But to completely delete Newsquench.com pop up ads you will have to at least reset your browser settings like default search provider, start page and newtab page to default state, disinfect personal computer’s web-browsers shortcuts, uninstall all unwanted and suspicious software, and delete ad-supported software by malicious software removal utilities. Certain of the steps will require you to restart your PC system or shut down this web-site. So, read this guide carefully, then bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove Newsquench.com, perform the following steps:
- How to get rid of Newsquench.com popups without any software
- Uninstalling the Newsquench.com, check the list of installed software first
- Clean up the browsers shortcuts which have been affected by adware
- Delete Newsquench.com pop-up ads from Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Remove Newsquench.com ads from Google Chrome
- Delete Newsquench.com from Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
- Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
- Get rid of Newsquench.com advertisements with freeware
- Stop Newsquench.com pop up ads and other undesired pages
- How did Newsquench.com ads get on your PC
- To sum up
How to get rid of Newsquench.com popups without any software
These steps to get rid of Newsquench.com pop-up advertisements without any programs are presented below. Be sure to carry out the step-by-step tutorial completely to fully delete this ad supported software that cause unwanted Newsquench.com advertisements to appear.
Uninstalling the Newsquench.com, check the list of installed software first
The best way to start the PC system cleanup is to delete unknown and questionable apps. Using the Microsoft Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded applications can clean up the Microsoft Edge, IE, Firefox and Chrome from popup ads, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and press “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will open a list of all programs installed on the system.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall suspicious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video guide below.
Clean up the browsers shortcuts which have been affected by adware
Once installed, this adware that reroutes your web browser to undesired Newsquench.com web site, may add an argument such as “http://site.address” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut file for the Microsoft Internet Explorer, Chrome, MS Edge and Firefox. Due to this, every time you launch the web-browser, it will open an annoying ad web-page.
Open the properties of the internet browser shortcut file. Right click on the shortcut of infected internet browser and choose the “Properties” option and it will open the properties of the shortcut file. Next, choose the “Shortcut” tab and have a look at the Target field as displayed below.
Normally, if the last word in the Target field is chrome.exe, iexplore.exe, firefox.exe. Be sure to pay attention to the extension, should be “exe”! All shortcuts which have been changed by ad-supported software that responsible for the appearance of Newsquench.com redirect, usually point to .bat, .cmd or .url files instead of .exe as on the image below
Another variant, an address has been added at the end of the line. In this case the Target field looks like …Application\chrome.exe” http://site.address as shown on the screen below.
In order to fix the hijacked shortcut file, you need to insert right path to the Target field or remove an address (if it has been added at the end). You can use the following information to fix your shortcut files which have been altered by adware that causes multiple undesired popup advertisements.
|Google Chrome||C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe|
|Mozilla Firefox||C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe|
|Internet Explorer||C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe|
|C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe|
|Opera||C:\Program Files (x86)\Opera\launcher.exe|
Once is done, click OK to save changes. Repeat the step for all web-browsers which are redirected to the Newsquench.com unwanted webpage.
Delete Newsquench.com pop-up ads from Microsoft Internet Explorer
By resetting Microsoft Internet Explorer internet browser you return your web-browser settings to its default state. This is basic when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by ‘ad supported’ software that causes a ton of annoying Newsquench.com advertisements.
First, launch the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then click the “Internet Options” as displayed in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as displayed on the screen below.
After the process is complete, press “Close” button. Close the IE and reboot your machine for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your internet browser’s default search provider, new tab and start page to default state.
Remove Newsquench.com ads from Google Chrome
If your Chrome web-browser is re-directed to intrusive Newsquench.com web-page, it may be necessary to completely reset your browser program to its default settings.
First launch the Google Chrome. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will show the Google Chrome menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed extensions. If the list has the plugin signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Google Chrome menu once again. Further, click the option called “Settings”.
The browser will open the settings screen. Another way to display the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the web browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, as shown in the following example and press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Google Chrome will open the confirmation dialog box as shown in the following example.
You need to confirm your action, click the “Reset” button. The internet browser will run the process of cleaning. Once it’s done, the internet browser’s settings including homepage, default search provider and new tab back to the values that have been when the Chrome was first installed on your PC system.
Delete Newsquench.com from Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
If your Firefox web-browser is rerouted to Newsquench.com without your permission or an unknown search provider shows results for your search, then it may be time to perform the browser reset.
First, open the Mozilla Firefox and press button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Further, click the Help button () like below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown in the following example. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation dialog box. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will start a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the adware responsible for redirecting your browser to Newsquench.com web-page. Once, it is finished, click the “Finish” button.
Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the ‘ad supported’ software can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you start your computer, it will show Newsquench.com intrusive web site. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and get rid of all malicious tasks which have been created by adware.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard simultaneously. It will display a prompt which titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown on the screen below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it’s a component of the unwanted apps, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as on the image below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ program. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
Get rid of Newsquench.com advertisements with freeware
If you are unsure how to remove Newsquench.com popup ads easily, consider using automatic adware removal programs which listed below. It will identify the ad supported software which created to reroute your internet browser to various ad websites such as Newsquench.com and get rid of it from your personal computer for free.
How to automatically get rid of Newsquench.com advertisements with Zemana Anti-malware
You can download and use the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) for free. This anti-malware utility will scan all the Windows registry items and files in your PC system along with the system settings and browser addons. If it finds any malware, ad supported software or malicious add-on that is responsible for the appearance of Newsquench.com popups then the Zemana Anti-Malware will remove them from your computer completely.
- Zemana Free can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will show the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the download is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your computer. Next, launch a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Free onto your personal computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana will open and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to begin scanning your PC for the adware that responsible for web-browser reroute to the unwanted Newsquench.com web-page. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the Zemana utility is checking, you may see number of objects it has identified as being affected by malicious software.
- When finished, Zemana Free will show a list of found threats.
- Review the scan results and then click the “Next” button. The utility will delete adware that responsible for internet browser reroute to the undesired Newsquench.com web site and move items to the program’s quarantine. After that process is complete, you may be prompted to reboot the system.
- Close the Zemana and continue with the next step.
Run HitmanPro to remove Newsquench.com ads
HitmanPro is a free portable program that scans your system for adware related to Newsquench.com advertisements, potentially unwanted applications and hijackers and helps get rid of them easily. Moreover, it will also help you delete any harmful internet browser extensions and add-ons.
- Installing the HitmanPro is simple. First you’ll need to download HitmanPro on your Microsoft Windows Desktop from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: December 8, 2017
- Once the download is finished, launch the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, click the “Next” for checking your computer for the adware that causes web-browsers to display unwanted Newsquench.com advertisements. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your system. When a malicious software, ad supported software or potentially unwanted software are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- Once the system scan is complete, Hitman Pro will display you the results. In order to delete all threats, simply press “Next”. Now, press the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to delete all malicious software found.
Run Malwarebytes to remove Newsquench.com ads
You can get rid of Newsquench.com popup ads automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We suggest this free malware removal utility because it can easily remove browser hijackers, ad supported software, potentially unwanted programs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- Please go to the link below to download MalwareBytes Free. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 9, 2017
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the download is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your machine. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes AntiMalware onto your PC. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Free will start and show the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Free application will scan through the whole PC system for the ad-supported software that causes multiple annoying ads. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your personal computer and the speed of your machine. When a threat is detected, the count of the security threats will change accordingly.
- After the scanning is finished, you’ll be opened the list of all detected threats on your personal computer.
- Once you’ve selected what you want to delete from your PC system press the “Quarantine Selected” button. Once finished, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Stop Newsquench.com pop up ads and other undesired pages
We recommend to install an ad-blocker program which may stop Newsquench.com and other unwanted sites. The ad-blocking tool such as AdGuard is a program that basically removes advertising from the Net and blocks access to malicious websites. Moreover, security experts says that using adblocker apps is necessary to stay safe when surfing the World Wide Web.
AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown in the figure below.
Follow the prompts. When the installation is finished, you will see a window as shown below.
You can press “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your machine, AdGuard will start automatically and stop ads, Newsquench.com redirect, as well as other malicious or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which can be found on your desktop.
How did Newsquench.com ads get on your PC
To sum up
Once you’ve finished the step-by-step tutorial outlined above, your machine should be clean from this adware and other malware. The IE, Google Chrome, MS Edge and Firefox will no longer open annoying Newsquench.com site when you browse the Net. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step guide does not help you, then you have caught a new ad supported software, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the undesired Newsquench.com redirect.