IT security professionals has determined that Search.hdigitalcointracker.net is an internet browser hijacker. The so-called browser hijacker is created to manipulate your browser’s settings like new tab, search engine and homepage, to alter your home page or search provider, so that the affected web browser visits an undesired web-site instead of your selected one. In the steps below, we will explain all the general features of the Search.hdigitalcointracker.net browser hijacker and it’s typical behavior on the PC, as well as best possible methods to get rid of Search.hdigitalcointracker.net from your Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge, Google Chrome and IE.
Besides the fact that Search.hdigitalcointracker.net hijacker rewrites your homepage, this undesired page can set yourself as your search provider. But, obviously, it does not give you a good search results, as they will consist of lots of ads, links to undesired and ad web sites and only the remaining part is search results for your query from the major search providers. Of course, the very fact that you encounter with the inability to properly search the Net, is an unpleasant moment. Moreover, the Search.hdigitalcointracker.net hijacker can gather a wide variety of privacy information about you. This user information, in the future, can be used for marketing purposes. What creates the risk of theft of confidential information about you.
While the Search.hdigitalcointracker.net hijacker is active, you won’t be able to restore the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge’ settings such as start page, new tab page and search engine by default. If you try to set your home page to be Google, Bing or Yahoo, those settings will be automatically changed to Search.hdigitalcointracker.net with the next machine reboot. But this does not mean that you should just ignore it or get along with this fact. Because this is not the best option, due to the Search.hdigitalcointracker.net you can have problems with the Chrome, Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer, unwanted advertisements and even personal data theft.
In order to remove browser hijacker responsible for Search.hdigitalcointracker.net redirect from your computer, clean the infected web browsers and restore the Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer and Firefox settings to its default state, please use the Search.hdigitalcointracker.net removal guidance below.
Remove Search.hdigitalcointracker.net (removal steps)
There are a simple manual guide below which will assist you to get rid of Search.hdigitalcointracker.net from your Microsoft Windows computer. The most effective way to delete this hijacker is to follow the manual removal steps and then use Zemana Free, MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) or HitmanPro automatic tools (all are free). The manual way will help to weaken this browser hijacker infection and these malicious software removal utilities will completely get rid of Search.hdigitalcointracker.net and restore the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and MS Edge settings to default.
To remove Search.hdigitalcointracker.net, use the following steps:
- Get rid of Search.hdigitalcointracker.net without any tools
- Uninstalling the Search.hdigitalcointracker.net, check the list of installed apps first
- Remove Search.hdigitalcointracker.net from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web browser settings
- Remove Search.hdigitalcointracker.net search from Chrome
- Remove Search.hdigitalcointracker.net start page from Internet Explorer
- How to automatically remove Search.hdigitalcointracker.net hijacker infection
- Stop Search.hdigitalcointracker.net and other intrusive sites
- How to Search.hdigitalcointracker.net browser hijacker infection get installed onto PC system
- Finish words
Get rid of Search.hdigitalcointracker.net without any tools
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove Search.hdigitalcointracker.net redirect from the Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.
Uninstalling the Search.hdigitalcointracker.net, check the list of installed apps first
Some potentially unwanted programs, browser hijacking apps and adware can be removed by uninstalling the free applications they came with. If this way does not succeed, then looking them up in the list of installed apps in Microsoft Windows Control Panel. Use the “Uninstall” command in order to remove them.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the MS Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter like below.
Once the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as displayed in the following example.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right like below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (MS Windows 7 or Vista) like below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed applications and remove all dubious and unknown applications. We suggest to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed software by date. After you’ve found anything questionable that may be the browser hijacker that responsible for web-browser redirect to the undesired Search.hdigitalcointracker.net web-site or other potentially unwanted application (PUA), then select this program and press ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the suspicious program blocked from removal, then use Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully get rid of it from your system.
Remove Search.hdigitalcointracker.net from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web browser settings
Resetting your Firefox is basic troubleshooting step for any issues with your web browser program, including the reroute to Search.hdigitalcointracker.net web page.
Launch the Mozilla Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the internet browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will open the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as on the image below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Mozilla Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the browser hijacker which cause a reroute to Search.hdigitalcointracker.net page. Once, it’s finished, press the “Finish” button.
Remove Search.hdigitalcointracker.net search from Chrome
If your Chrome internet browser is redirected to annoying Search.hdigitalcointracker.net web-page, it may be necessary to completely reset your internet browser application to its default settings.
- First, run the Google Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset settings prompt as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove Search.hdigitalcointracker.net start page from Internet Explorer
The IE reset is great if your web browser is hijacked or you’ve unwanted addons or toolbars on your web browser, which installed by a malicious software.
First, start the Microsoft Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as displayed in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. It will get rid of browser hijacker infection which redirects your browser to annoying Search.hdigitalcointracker.net site, disable malicious and ad-supported browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings like newtab, default search engine and home page to default state.
How to automatically remove Search.hdigitalcointracker.net hijacker infection
There are not many good free antimalware programs with high detection ratio. The effectiveness of malicious software removal tools depends on various factors, mostly on how often their virus/malware signatures DB are updated in order to effectively detect modern malware, adware, browser hijacker infections and other potentially unwanted programs. We suggest to use several programs, not just one. These applications that listed below will help you remove all components of the browser hijacker from your disk and Windows registry and thereby get rid of Search.hdigitalcointracker.net redirect.
How to remove Search.hdigitalcointracker.net with Zemana Free
Zemana is a free program for Microsoft Windows operating system to detect and delete potentially unwanted apps, ‘ad supported’ software, malicious internet browser extensions, browser toolbars, and other unwanted applications such as hijacker which changes web-browser settings to replace your default search provider, new tab and startpage with Search.hdigitalcointracker.net web-page, installed on your personal computer.
- Visit the page linked below to download Zemana Free. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- Once downloading is done, close all apps and windows on your computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is finished, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the hijacker infection which created to redirect your web browser to the Search.hdigitalcointracker.net web page. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) tool is scanning, you may see count of objects it has identified as being infected by malicious software.
- When Zemana Anti Malware has completed scanning your PC system, a list of all threats found is prepared. All found items will be marked. You can get rid of them all by simply click “Next”. When the task is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your system.
Scan your machine and remove Search.hdigitalcointracker.net search with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro is a free portable program that scans your PC system for ad supported software, PUPs and browser hijackers like Search.hdigitalcointracker.net and helps remove them easily. Moreover, it’ll also help you get rid of any harmful web browser extensions and add-ons.
- Installing the HitmanPro is simple. First you will need to download Hitman Pro on your machine from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: December 8, 2017
- Once the download is complete, start the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, click the “Next” . Hitman Pro tool will start scanning the whole computer to find out hijacker infection related to Search.hdigitalcointracker.net . Depending on your computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- When the scan get completed, the results are displayed in the scan report. Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and click “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Run Malwarebytes to remove hijacker
You can get rid of Search.hdigitalcointracker.net home page automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We suggest this free malicious software removal utility because it may easily remove browser hijackers, ‘ad supported’ software, PUPs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- Visit the page linked below to download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM). Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- Once the downloading process is finished, close all programs and windows on your PC system. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is finished, press the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) tool will begin scanning the whole PC system to find out hijacker infection responsible for Search.hdigitalcointracker.net search. This process can take some time, so please be patient.
- After the system scan is complete, you can check all threats detected on your system. Review the scan results and then press “Quarantine Selected”. Once finished, you can be prompted to restart your personal computer.
The following video offers a step by step guide on how to delete browser hijackers, adware and other malware with MalwareBytes AntiMalware.
Stop Search.hdigitalcointracker.net and other intrusive sites
If you want to delete unwanted ads, browser redirects and pop ups, then install an ad blocking program like AdGuard. It can stop Search.hdigitalcointracker.net, advertisements, pop-ups and stop webpages from tracking your online activities when using the Firefox, MS Edge, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. So, if you like surf the Net, but you don’t like undesired advertisements and want to protect your machine from malicious web pages, then the AdGuard is your best choice.
- Click the following link to download the latest version of AdGuard for Windows. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
- After the download is finished, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is finished, press “Skip” to close the setup application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will run automatically and block ads, Search.hdigitalcointracker.net redirect, as well as other harmful or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
How to Search.hdigitalcointracker.net browser hijacker infection get installed onto PC system
Usually, Search.hdigitalcointracker.net browser hijacker gets into your computer as part of a bundle with freeware, sharing files and other unsafe apps that you downloaded from the Web. The developers of this hijacker pays software developers for distributing Search.hdigitalcointracker.net hijacker within their apps. So, third-party software is often included as part of the setup file. In order to avoid the installation of any hijackers like Search.hdigitalcointracker.net: select only Manual, Custom or Advanced setup method and reject all third-party software in which you are unsure.
After completing the guide shown above, your PC should be clean from this hijacker infection and other malicious software. The Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer will no longer display unwanted Search.hdigitalcointracker.net site on startup. Unfortunately, if the step by step instructions does not help you, then you have caught a new browser hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted Search.hdigitalcointracker.net .