The EMazeSearch is a program which falls under the category of browser hijackers. It replaces your Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox’s search engine by default, new tab and home page and can redirect your web browser to various annoying webpages. Of course, it’s not a malicious software or virus in the “general meaning” of this word. It’ll not delete or damage your files, but it can modify some computer’s settings or download and install other malicious software. So, you’d better to get rid of EMazeSearch hijacker using the few simple steps below and thus return your favorite home page and search engine.
Being infected by EMazeSearch browser hijacker infection, every time you start your web browser you’ll see this web-page. Of course you may setup your startpage again, but next time you run a browser you will see that EMazeSearch startpage return. As mentioned above, the hijacker can alter the default search engine on this intrusive page too, so all your search queries will be redirected to EMazeSearch. Thus the authors of the browser hijacker can collect the search terms of your queries, and redirect you to undesired webpages.
As well as unwanted web-browser redirects to EMazeSearch, the hijacker can gather your Internet browsing activity by recording URLs visited, IP addresses, web browser version and type, cookie information, Internet Service Provider (ISP) and web pages visited. Such kind of behavior can lead to serious security problems or confidential information theft. This is another reason why the browser hijacker that redirects the web-browser to EMazeSearch, is classified as PUP (potentially unwanted program).
The EMazeSearch hijacker infection commonly affects only the Edge, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer. However, possible situations, when any other web browsers will be affected too. The browser hijacker will perform a scan of the computer for internet browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the browser shortcuts, it will add the argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you open the browser, you will see the EMazeSearch unwanted site.
We strongly advise you to complete the tutorial which follow below. We will show you how to remove browser hijacker and thus get rid of EMazeSearch start page from your Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge forever.
Remove EMazeSearch search redirect from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
In many cases browser hijacker infections requires more than a simple uninstall with the help of MS Windows Control panel in order to be fully deleted. For that reason, our team made several removal methods which we have combined in a detailed instructions. Therefore, if you have the unwanted EMazeSearch browser hijacker on your system and are currently trying to have it uninstalled then feel free to follow the step-by-step tutorial below in order to resolve your problem. Certain of the steps below will require you to close this site. So, please read the step-by-step tutorial carefully, after that bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove EMazeSearch, use the following steps:
- How to remove EMazeSearch search without any software
- How to automatically remove EMazeSearch browser hijacker
- How to block EMazeSearch redirect
- Method of EMazeSearch browser hijacker infection intrusion into your personal computer
- To sum up
How to remove EMazeSearch search without any software
Most common browser hijacker infections may be uninstalled without any antivirus apps. The manual browser hijacker removal is step by step guide that will teach you how to remove the EMazeSearch home page.
Delete EMazeSearch related apps through the Control Panel of your PC system
Some potentially unwanted software, browser hijacking applications and adware can be deleted by uninstalling the free software they came with. If this way does not succeed, then looking them up in the list of installed programs in Windows Control Panel. Use the “Uninstall” command in order to delete them.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will display a list of all programs installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and remove any suspicious and unknown apps. To quickly find the latest installed apps, we recommend sort apps by date in the Control panel.
Disinfect the web-browser’s shortcuts to delete EMazeSearch homepage
Now you need to clean up the browser shortcut files. Check that the shortcut referring to the right exe-file of the web browser, and not on any unknown file.
Open the properties of the internet browser shortcut. Right click on the shortcut file of affected web browser and choose the “Properties” option and it’ll display the properties of the shortcut file. Next, select the “Shortcut” tab and have a look at the Target field like below.
Normally, if the last word in the Target field is chrome.exe, iexplore.exe, firefox.exe. Be sure to pay attention to the extension, should be “exe”! All shortcut files that have been changed by hijacker responsible for redirecting your browser to EMazeSearch web page, usually point to .bat, .cmd or .url files instead of .exe as displayed in the figure below
Another variant, an address has been added at the end of the line. In this case the Target field looks like …Application\chrome.exe” http://site.address as displayed on the screen below.
In order to fix the hijacked shortcut file, you need to insert right path to the Target field or remove an address (if it has been added at the end). You can use the following information to fix your shortcut files that have been altered by browser hijacker infection which modifies web-browser settings to replace your new tab page, search engine by default and homepage with EMazeSearch website.
|Chrome||C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe|
|Firefox||C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe|
|Internet Explorer||C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe|
|C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe|
|Opera||C:\Program Files (x86)\Opera\launcher.exe|
Once is complete, click OK to save changes. Repeat the step for all internet browsers which are re-directed to the EMazeSearch undesired website.
Remove EMazeSearch search from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the hijacker, malicious and adware extensions, as well as to restore the web-browser’s search provider by default, start page and newtab page that have been modified by hijacker.
- First, start the Google Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset settings prompt as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of EMazeSearch from Internet Explorer
First, start the IE. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown in the following example. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your personal computer for the changes to take effect.
Remove EMazeSearch from Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
Resetting your Firefox is basic troubleshooting step for any issues with your web browser application, including the redirect to EMazeSearch web site.
First, start the Mozilla Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button as on the image below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
How to automatically remove EMazeSearch browser hijacker
Manual removal is not always as effective as you might think. Often, even the most experienced users may not completely get rid of hijacker from the infected computer. So, we suggest to check your system for any remaining malicious components with free hijacker removal apps below.
Scan and clean your PC system of EMazeSearch with Zemana
Zemana is a free application for Windows operating system to search for and get rid of PUPs, ad-supported software, harmful web-browser plugins, browser toolbars, and other unwanted software like browser hijacker responsible for redirecting user searches to EMazeSearch, installed on your personal computer.
- Download Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) from the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: February 14, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will show the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download is complete, please close all programs and open windows on your PC system. Next, start a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of Zemana onto your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana will open and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the browser hijacker infection that responsible for internet browser redirect to the intrusive EMazeSearch web-site. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your machine. When a threat is found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is complete.
- When Zemana has completed scanning your machine, Zemana Anti Malware will open a screen that contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- Once you have selected what you want to delete from your machine click the “Next” button. The tool will remove browser hijacker related to EMazeSearch redirect and move items to the program’s quarantine. When disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to restart the system.
- Close the Zemana and continue with the next step.
Remove EMazeSearch browser hijacker infection and malicious extensions with HitmanPro
HitmanPro will help get rid of hijacker that responsible for browser redirect to the undesired EMazeSearch website that slow down your personal computer. The hijackers, ‘ad supported’ software and other potentially unwanted applications slow your browser down and try to trick you into clicking on suspicious advertisements and links. HitmanPro removes the hijacker infection and lets you enjoy your system without EMazeSearch search.
- Click the following link to download the latest version of Hitman Pro for MS Windows. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After downloading is finished, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this tool is started, click “Next” button to perform a system scan for the hijacker that redirects your internet browser to undesired EMazeSearch site. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your PC system and the speed of your computer. While the HitmanPro application is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified as threat.
- After Hitman Pro completes the scan, you can check all items found on your PC system. Review the scan results and then press “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to delete all malicious software found.
Remove EMazeSearch search with Malwarebytes
Manual EMazeSearch search removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the browser hijacker may be not completely removed. We recommend that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely free your computer of browser hijacker. Moreover, the free program will help you to remove malware, potentially unwanted software, ‘ad supported’ software and toolbars that your system can be infected too.
Download MalwareBytes Free on your Microsoft Windows Desktop from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
Once downloading is finished, close all windows on your computer. Further, launch the file called mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up like below, press the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” which will help you install MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) on the computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is finished successfully, click Finish button. Then MalwareBytes will automatically start and you may see its main window as displayed in the following example.
Next, click the “Scan Now” button to detect browser hijacker responsible for redirecting your internet browser to EMazeSearch web-page. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your machine. While the MalwareBytes Free is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified either as being malware.
After the scanning is done, MalwareBytes will create a list of undesired and adware. Review the scan results and then press “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will remove hijacker responsible for EMazeSearch home page and add items to the Quarantine. When the process is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your system. We advise you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) to remove browser hijacker infections, adware and other malicious software.
How to block EMazeSearch redirect
Run ad-blocker application such as AdGuard in order to block ads, malvertisements, pop-ups and online trackers, avoid having to install malicious and adware browser plug-ins and add-ons which affect your system performance and impact your system security. Browse the Internet anonymously and stay safe online!
- Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you’ll need to download AdGuard on your machine by clicking on the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When the downloading process is done, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the installation is done, click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop up ads, EMazeSearch redirect, as well as other harmful or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Method of EMazeSearch browser hijacker infection intrusion into your personal computer
Many of the free software out there install undesired web-browser toolbars, adware and PUPs like the browser hijacker responsible for redirecting user searches to EMazeSearch along with them without your knowledge. One has to be attentive while installing free programs in order to avoid accidentally installing optional applications. It is important that you pay attention to the EULA (End User License Agreements) and choose the Custom, Manual or Advanced install type as it will typically disclose what third-party software will also be installed.
To sum up
After completing the tutorial outlined above, your computer should be free from hijacker infection responsible for redirects to EMazeSearch and other malware. The Internet Explorer, Firefox, Edge and Google Chrome will no longer display undesired EMazeSearch web site on startup. Unfortunately, if the step by step guidance does not help you, then you have caught a new browser hijacker infection, and then the best way – ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.