According to computer security specialists, the Digital Coin Tracker is categorized as browser hijacker. Once your PC system has become a victim of this browser hijacker, it takes over your web-browser such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Edge. Digital Coin Tracker browser hijacker infection makes changes to your web browser’s settings, including startpage, default search engine and new tab page, and installs unwanted add-ons deep inside your machine. This is the main reason why you need to get rid of the Digital Coin Tracker from your personal computer and return your web browser search engine and start page back to the default.
The Digital Coin Tracker browser hijacker infection will alter your browser’s search provider so that all searches are sent via Digital Coin Tracker, that redirects to Bing, Yahoo or Google Custom Search engine which shows the search results for your query. The devs behind this browser hijacker infection are utilizing legitimate search engine as they may make money from the advertisements which are shown in the search results.
It is likely that you might be worried with the browser hijacker that responsible for browser redirect to the annoying Digital Coin Tracker website. You should not disregard this undesired software. The browser hijacker might not only change your start page or search provider, but redirect your web browser to misleading webpages. What is more, the browser hijacker can analyze your browsing, and gain access to your privacy data and, subsequently, can transfer it to third parties. Thus, there are more than enough reasons to delete Digital Coin Tracker from your internet browser.
Thus, the browser hijacker is quite dangerous. So, we recommend you get rid of it from your machine as quickly as possible. Follow the guidance presented below to remove Digital Coin Tracker startpage from the Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.
How to remove Digital Coin Tracker from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
We recommend opting for automatic Digital Coin Tracker removal in order to remove all hijacker related entries easily. This way requires scanning the computer with reputable anti-malware, e.g. Zemana AntiMalware, MalwareBytes Free or HitmanPro. However, if you prefer manual removal steps, you can follow the steps below in this post. Certain of the steps will require you to restart your computer or exit this web-page. So, read this guidance carefully, then bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove Digital Coin Tracker, follow the steps below:
- Manual Digital Coin Tracker search removal
- Scan your computer and remove Digital Coin Tracker with free utilities
- Stop Digital Coin Tracker redirect and other undesired web pages
- Where the Digital Coin Tracker browser hijacker comes from
- Finish words
Manual Digital Coin Tracker search removal
The step by step guide will help you delete Digital Coin Tracker startpage. These Digital Coin Tracker removal steps work for the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and MS Edge, as well as every version of Windows operating system.
Removing the Digital Coin Tracker, check the list of installed applications first
Check out the Microsoft Windows Control Panel (Programs and Features section) to see all installed programs. We advise to click on the “Date Installed” in order to sort the list of programs by the date you installed them. If you see any unknown and dubious applications, they are the ones you need to remove.
Make sure you have closed all internet browsers and other apps. Press CTRL, ALT, DEL keys together to open the MS Windows Task Manager.
Click on the “Processes” tab, look for something questionable that is the hijacker related to Digital Coin Tracker then right-click it and select “End Task” or “End Process” option. Most commonly, malicious software masks itself to avoid detection by imitating legitimate Windows processes. A process is particularly suspicious: it is taking up a lot of memory (despite the fact that you closed all of your applications), its name is not familiar to you (if you are in doubt, you can always check the program by doing a search for its name in Google, Yahoo or Bing).
Next, uninstall any unknown and suspicious programs from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, press the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Select “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of software installed on your computer. Most probably, one of them is the browser hijacker responsible for Digital Coin Tracker redirect. Choose the questionable program or the program that name is not familiar to you and delete it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in Windows, select “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, choose “Uninstall a program”.
Choose the dubious or any unknown applications, then click “Uninstall/Change” button to uninstall this undesired program from your system.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Choose an unwanted program, then click “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Delete Digital Coin Tracker from Chrome
In order to be sure that there is nothing left behind, we recommend you to reset Google Chrome internet browser. It’ll restore Chrome settings including search engine by default, new tab page and startpage to defaults.
- First launch the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is finished, your browser’s new tab, search provider by default and startpage will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Delete Digital Coin Tracker from Mozilla Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
Resetting your Firefox is good initial troubleshooting step for any issues with your web-browser program, including the redirect to Digital Coin Tracker page.
First, open the Mozilla Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed on the image below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Digital Coin Tracker search from IE
In order to recover all web browser new tab, homepage and default search engine you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the MS Windows was installed on your personal computer.
First, run the IE. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as displayed in the following example.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your system for the changes to take effect.
Scan your computer and remove Digital Coin Tracker with free utilities
Manual removal guide does not always help to completely remove the browser hijacker, as it is not easy to identify and remove components of hijacker infection and all malicious files from hard disk. Therefore, it’s recommended that you use malware removal tool to completely remove Digital Coin Tracker off your computer. Several free malicious software removal tools are currently available that may be used against the hijacker. The optimum way would be to use Zemana Anti-Malware, MalwareBytes AntiMalware and HitmanPro.
Scan and clean your computer of Digital Coin Tracker with Zemana Anti-Malware
You can download and use the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) for free. This anti malware utility will scan all the registry entries and files in your personal computer along with the system settings and internet browser extensions. If it finds any malware, ad-supported software or malicious addon that is causing redirect to Digital Coin Tracker website then the Zemana AntiMalware will remove them from your PC system completely.
Now you can setup and use Zemana Anti Malware to get rid of Digital Coin Tracker redirect from your web-browser by following the steps below:
Visit the following page to download Zemana Free setup file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup on your PC. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: February 14, 2019
Start the setup package after it has been downloaded successfully and then follow the prompts to set up this tool on your PC.
During installation you can change certain settings, but we suggest you don’t make any changes to default settings.
When install is finished, this malicious software removal utility will automatically start and update itself. You will see its main window as displayed in the following example.
Now click the “Scan” button to start scanning your computer for the hijacker responsible for Digital Coin Tracker search. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
Once that process is complete, Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will create a list of undesired and adware. Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and click “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti-Malware will remove browser hijacker which cause a reroute to Digital Coin Tracker webpage and move items to the program’s quarantine. Once the clean up is finished, you may be prompted to restart your machine to make the change take effect.
Run Hitman Pro to remove Digital Coin Tracker redirect
HitmanPro is a free removal tool. It removes potentially unwanted software, adware, browser hijackers and unwanted browser extensions. It’ll search for and get rid of hijacker that responsible for internet browser reroute to the annoying Digital Coin Tracker webpage. HitmanPro uses very small system resources and is a portable program. Moreover, HitmanPro does add another layer of malware protection.
- Visit the following page to download HitmanPro. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After downloading is finished, run the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, click the “Next” to perform a system scan with this utility for the hijacker that made to redirect your internet browser to the Digital Coin Tracker website. Depending on your computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the Hitman Pro program is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- Once the checking is complete, you can check all threats found on your computer. Review the scan results and then click “Next”. Now, press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Automatically remove Digital Coin Tracker with Malwarebytes
Remove Digital Coin Tracker hijacker manually is difficult and often the browser hijacker infection is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free program will allow you to delete malicious software, PUPs, toolbars and ad supported software that your computer may be infected too.
- MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
- Once the download is complete, close all programs and windows on your PC system. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is complete, press the “Scan Now” button for checking your computer for the hijacker which cause Digital Coin Tracker web site to appear. While the MalwareBytes Free application is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified as threat.
- As the scanning ends, a list of all items detected is produced. Review the scan results and then click “Quarantine Selected”. Once the procedure is done, you can be prompted to restart your system.
The following video offers a step-by-step instructions on how to remove hijacker infections, adware and other malicious software with MalwareBytes Free.
Stop Digital Coin Tracker redirect and other undesired web pages
It’s also critical to protect your web-browsers from malicious web-pages and advertisements by using an adblocker application like AdGuard. Security experts says that it will greatly reduce the risk of malicious software, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard can also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
- Download AdGuard on your MS Windows Desktop from the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When the download is finished, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your system, AdGuard will run automatically and block advertisements, sites like Digital Coin Tracker, as well as other malicious or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
Where the Digital Coin Tracker browser hijacker comes from
Now your computer should be clean of the browser hijacker infection responsible for Digital Coin Tracker . We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop-ups and undesired harmful web-sites) and Zemana Anti-Malware (to periodically scan your computer for new browser hijacker infections and other malware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Digital Coin Tracker from the MS Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox and IE, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.