If your PC system suddenly starts showing the My Net Speed when you did not set it as your home page or search provider, then most probably that you have a PUP (potentially unwanted program) from the browser hijacker family installed on the PC. A common tactic used by PUPs creators is to modify web browser’s settings like startpage, new tab and default search engine so that the affected internet browser goes to a web-page under the author’s control. In order to scan for PUPs, remove My Net Speed from your internet browser, please follow the helpful steps below.
The hijacker infection can also set up the My Net Speed New Tab as the Edge, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Chrome default search provider that cause search redirects via the web-page. In this way, creators of the browser hijacker infection have an opportunity to show various advertisements together with the search results for your query. These undesired ads will be summarized in the redirected site. This can bring a large count of revenue for developers of the browser hijacker.
To find out how to remove My Net Speed , we recommend to read the steps added to this blog post below. The guidance was made by IT security researchers who discovered a solution to get rid of the annoying My Net Speed hijacker infection out of the computer.
How to remove My Net Speed
Without a doubt, the hijacker infection is harmful to your system. So you need to quickly and completely remove this malicious software. To remove this hijacker, you can use the manual removal tutorial which are given below or free malware removal tool like Zemana Anti Malware, MalwareBytes or HitmanPro (all are free). We recommend you use automatic removal way which will help you to delete My Net Speed search easily and safely. Manual removal is best used only if you are well versed in computer or in the case where browser hijacker is not deleted automatically. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to shut down your web-browser or restart your PC.
To remove My Net Speed, follow the steps below:
- Manual My Net Speed removal
- Scan your computer and remove My Net Speed with free utilities
- How to block My Net Speed redirect
- How was My Net Speed browser hijacker installed on personal computer
- To sum up
Manual My Net Speed removal
The useful removal guidance for the My Net Speed startpage. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to get rid of My Net Speed let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
Delete dubious apps using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
In order to remove My Net Speed, first thing you need to do is to delete unknown and suspicious programs from your personal computer using Windows control panel. When deleting this browser hijacker infection, check the list of installed apps and try to find questionable programs and delete them all. Pay special attention to recently installed programs, as it’s most probably that the My Net Speed hijacker сame along with it.
Make sure you have closed all internet browsers and other apps. Press CTRL, ALT, DEL keys together to open the Windows Task Manager.
Click on the “Processes” tab, look for something questionable that is the hijacker which cause My Net Speed web-page to appear then right-click it and select “End Task” or “End Process” option. In many cases, malicious software masks itself to avoid detection by imitating legitimate MS Windows processes. A process is particularly suspicious: it is taking up a lot of memory (despite the fact that you closed all of your programs), its name is not familiar to you (if you are in doubt, you can always check the program by doing a search for its name in Google, Yahoo or Bing).
Next, delete any unwanted and suspicious applications from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, press the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Select “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of applications installed on your computer. Most probably, one of them is the hijacker responsible for modifying your web-browser settings to My Net Speed. Select the questionable application or the program that name is not familiar to you and delete it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in Windows, choose “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, select “Uninstall a program”.
Choose the suspicious or any unknown apps, then click “Uninstall/Change” button to remove this unwanted program from your computer.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Select an unwanted application, then click “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Remove My Net Speed search from Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the browser hijacker infection, harmful and ‘ad-supported’ extensions, as well as to recover the web browser’s new tab page, home page and search engine by default that have been changed by My Net Speed hijacker.
- First start the Google Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed plugins. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is done, your internet browser’s new tab, home page and search engine will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove My Net Speed start page from IE
The IE reset is great if your web-browser is hijacked or you have unwanted extensions or toolbars on your internet browser, that installed by a malicious software.
First, open the IE. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” as shown below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown in the following example. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your machine for the changes to take effect.
Delete My Net Speed from Firefox
The Mozilla Firefox reset will keep your personal information such as bookmarks, passwords, web form auto-fill data and remove unwanted search provider and start page like My Net Speed, modified preferences, extensions and security settings.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and press the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu like below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the screen below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to revert back your Mozilla Firefox browser settings to its original state.
Scan your computer and remove My Net Speed with free utilities
The easiest solution to remove My Net Speed browser hijacker is to use an anti-malware program capable of detecting hijackers including My Net Speed. We recommend try Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) or another free malware remover which listed below. It has excellent detection rate when it comes to adware, browser hijackers and other PUPs.
Run Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) to remove browser hijacker
We advise using the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM). You can download and install Zemana Free to search for and remove My Net Speed from your PC system. When installed and updated, the malicious software remover will automatically scan and detect all threats exist on the machine.
Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
Once the downloading process is complete, close all applications and windows on your system. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup as on the image below.
When the setup starts, you will see the “Setup wizard” that will help you set up Zemana on your computer.
Once installation is complete, you will see window as shown below.
Now click the “Scan” button for checking your machine for the browser hijacker which redirects your web-browser to unwanted My Net Speed page. A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your system and the speed of your personal computer. While the Zemana Free program is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
Once finished, Zemana Anti-Malware will open a scan report. Review the scan results and then click “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will begin to get rid of browser hijacker infection that responsible for browser reroute to the unwanted My Net Speed website.
Remove My Net Speed hijacker and malicious extensions with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro frees your PC system from ad-supported software, PUPs, unwanted toolbars, web browser extensions and other unwanted apps like hijacker responsible for redirecting your web browser to My Net Speed website. The free removal tool will help you enjoy your PC system to its fullest. Hitman Pro uses advanced behavioral detection technologies to scan for if there are unwanted programs in your computer. You can review the scan results, and choose the items you want to erase.
- Click the link below to download the latest version of Hitman Pro for Microsoft Windows. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once downloading is complete, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this tool is opened, click “Next” button for checking your PC system for the hijacker responsible for redirections to My Net Speed. While the HitmanPro tool is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified as being infected by malicious software.
- As the scanning ends, Hitman Pro will display a list of found items. In order to remove all items, simply click “Next” button. Now press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malware found.
Delete My Net Speed startpage with Malwarebytes
Remove My Net Speed browser hijacker manually is difficult and often the browser hijacker is not completely removed. Therefore, we suggest you to use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the free program will help you to delete malware, potentially unwanted software, toolbars and adware that your system can be infected too.
- Visit the page linked below to download MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM). Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the download is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes onto your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Anti Malware will launch and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Free tool will start scanning the whole personal computer to find out browser hijacker which cause My Net Speed web-site to appear. Depending on your system, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour.
- After MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) completes the scan, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will open a list of all threats found by the scan.
- You may remove threats (move to Quarantine) by simply click the “Quarantine Selected” button. After that process is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the machine.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to block My Net Speed redirect
If you want to remove intrusive ads, browser redirects and pop ups, then install an adblocker program like AdGuard. It can block My Net Speed redirect, ads, pop ups and stop web sites from tracking your online activities when using the Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. So, if you like browse the Internet, but you do not like undesired ads and want to protect your PC from malicious web sites, then the AdGuard is your best choice.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of AdGuard for Windows. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, press “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop popups, My Net Speed redirect, as well as other harmful or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
How was My Net Speed browser hijacker installed on personal computer
Many browser hijackers such as My Net Speed are included in the free software installation package. In many cases, a user have a chance to disable all included “offers”, but some installers are created to confuse the average users, in order to trick them into installing an adware or potentially unwanted software. Anyway, easier to prevent the hijacker rather than clean up your system after one. So, keep the internet browser updated (turn on automatic updates), run a good antivirus programs, double check a free programs before you launch it (do a google search, scan a downloaded file with VirusTotal), avoid malicious and unknown webpages.
To sum up
Once you have finished the instructions shown above, your machine should be clean from hijacker that cause My Net Speed site to appear and other malicious software. The Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome will no longer open annoying My Net Speed webpage on startup. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step tutorial does not help you, then you have caught a new hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.