The Quick Searcher is a malicious browser extension from the ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) category. The adware is a form of unwanted software that can mine digital money or display lots of annoying ads without a user’s permission. Moreover, it can redirect a web-browser on malicious and misleading web-pages. You need to follow the few simple steps below and clean your computer from the malicious extension immediately. It will help you to remove Quick Searcher extension and other malicious software.
It’s not a good idea to have an unwanted application such as the Quick Searcher extension that can display unwanted popup ads or mine crypto currencies. The reason for this is simple, it doing things you do not know about. The worst is, the virus can collect lots of your personal data which can be later used for marketing purposes. You do not know if your home address, account names and passwords are safe.
We suggest you to delete the Quick Searcher extension and clean your personal computer from other malware ASAP, until the presence of the add-on has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the step-by-step instructions below that will help you to completely remove the Quick Searcher, using only the built-in MS Windows features and several free malicious software removal utilities of well-known antivirus software companies.
Remove Quick Searcher virus (removal steps)
Not all unwanted applications such as Quick Searcher harmful plugin are easily uninstallable. You might see popups, deals, text links, in-text ads, banners and other type of ads in the Mozilla Firefox, Edge, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome and might not be able to figure out the program responsible for this activity. The reason for this is that many undesired software neither appear in Microsoft Windows Control Panel. Therefore in order to fully remove Quick Searcher , you need to follow the steps below. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to shut down your web-browser or reboot your computer.
To remove Quick Searcher, execute the following steps:
- How to manually delete Quick Searcher
- How to remove Quick Searcher with freeware
- Stop Quick Searcher add-on and other undesired sites
- How to Quick Searcher malicious addon get installed onto PC
- To sum up
How to manually delete Quick Searcher
Read this “How to remove” section to know how to manually remove Quick Searcher add-on and other unwanted software. Even if the step by step guide does not work for you, there are several free malicious software removers below that can easily handle such Quick Searcher harmful extension.
Delete potentially unwanted software using Windows Control Panel
First method for manual virus removal is to go into the MS Windows “Control Panel”, then “Uninstall a program” console. Take a look at the list of programs on your system and see if there are any questionable and unknown programs. If you see any, you need to delete them. Of course, before doing so, you can do an Internet search to find details on the program. If it is a potentially unwanted program, extension or malicious software, you will likely find information that says so.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, press “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will open a list of all apps installed on the PC.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video guide below.
Remove Quick Searcher from Firefox by resetting web browser settings
If the Firefox web-browser program is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Firefox settings such as search provider by default, newtab and startpage to its default state. It will save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, and open tabs.
First, run the Mozilla Firefox and click button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web browser. Further, click the Help button () like below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed in the following example. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation dialog box. Further, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will begin a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the Quick Searcher virus. After, it is complete, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Quick Searcher virus from Chrome
Use the Reset internet browser utility of the Google Chrome to reset all its settings including default search provider, new tab page and startpage to original defaults. This is a very useful tool to use, in the case of malicious extensions such as Quick Searcher.
- First start the Google Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed addons. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is complete, your internet browser’s default search engine, home page and newtab page will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Quick Searcher extension from Microsoft Internet Explorer
In order to restore all web browser search engine by default, homepage and newtab you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the Microsoft Windows was installed on your PC.
First, launch the IE, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The IE will display the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect. It will remove Quick Searcher addon, disable malicious and ad-supported internet browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings like search provider, startpage and newtab to default state.
How to remove Quick Searcher with freeware
Run malicious software removal tools to get rid of Quick Searcher malicious extension automatically. The freeware tools specially designed for browser hijackers, adware and other potentially unwanted software removal. These utilities can remove most of virus from Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Moreover, it can remove all components of ad-supported software from Windows registry and system drives.
Use Zemana Anti-malware to delete Quick Searcher
Zemana Anti-malware highly recommended, because it can detect security threats such adware and viruss that most ‘classic’ antivirus apps fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any Quick Searcher virus removal problems which cannot be fixed by this tool automatically, then Zemana Anti-malware provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
- Installing the Zemana is simple. First you will need to download Zemana Free on your Windows Desktop from the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: February 14, 2019
- When downloading is finished, close all apps and windows on your system. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, press the “Scan” button . Zemana Anti Malware utility will begin scanning the whole PC to find out Quick Searcher virus and other unwanted software. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your personal computer. While the Zemana Free tool is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified as being infected by malicious software.
- When the scan get completed, Zemana Free will display a list of found threats. Next, you need to click “Next”. Once that process is finished, you can be prompted to restart your system.
Remove Quick Searcher malicious extension from web-browsers with HitmanPro
If Zemana Anti-Malware cannot remove this addon, then we recommends to run the HitmanPro. HitmanPro is a free removal tool for browser hijackers, potentially unwanted applications, toolbars and Quick Searcher virus. It’s specially developed to work as a second scanner for your machine.
- Installing the Hitman Pro is simple. First you will need to download Hitman Pro on your computer from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When the downloading process is complete, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this tool is started, click “Next” button . HitmanPro utility will begin scanning the whole machine to find out Quick Searcher virus. While the tool is checking, you can see count of objects and files has already scanned.
- After that process is finished, you’ll be opened the list of all detected items on your computer. Review the report and then click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
How to automatically get rid of Quick Searcher with Malwarebytes
We advise using the Malwarebytes Free. You can download and install Malwarebytes to search for adware and thereby get rid of Quick Searcher harmful extension from your browsers. When installed and updated, the free malicious software remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on the system.
Click the following link to download the latest version of MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
After the download is complete, close all software and windows on your computer. Double-click the install file named mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as displayed on the image below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” that will help you set up MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) on your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once install is complete successfully, click Finish button. MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will automatically start and you can see its main screen as shown in the following example.
Now click the “Scan Now” button to scan for Quick Searcher add-on and other malware. This process can take some time, so please be patient. During the scan MalwareBytes AntiMalware will look for threats exist on your PC system.
As the scanning ends, MalwareBytes Free will display you the results. You may delete items (move to Quarantine) by simply press “Quarantine Selected” button. The MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) will remove Quick Searcher malicious extension and add items to the Quarantine. When that process is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
We suggest you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the MalwareBytes to remove ‘ad supported’ software, browser hijacker and other malicious software.
How to stay safe online
One of the worst things is the fact that you cannot stop all those annoying web-pages such as Quick Searcher using only built-in Windows capabilities. However, there is a program out that you can use to stop unwanted browser redirects, advertisements and pop ups in any modern web-browsers including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome and MS Edge. It’s called Adguard and it works very well.
Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you’ll need to download AdGuard on your Windows Desktop from the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
Once the downloading process is done, double-click the downloaded file to launch it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as shown on the screen below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick tutorial as displayed below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick guidance which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your machine, AdGuard will start automatically and block popup ads, as well as other malicious or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which can be found on your desktop.
How to Quick Searcher malicious addon get installed onto PC
The virus most likely to occur during the install of free software due the fact that potentially unwanted apps like this are mostly hidden in the installation package. Thus, if you have installed some free software using Quick(Standard} method, you may have let the Quick Searcher extension get inside the internet browser. Keep in mind that the Quick mode is unreliable because it do not warn about optional apps. Thus, additional applications will be installed automatically unless you choose Advanced/Custom mode and disable its installation.
To sum up
After completing the steps shown above, your personal computer should be clean from this malicious extension and other malware. Unfortunately, if the step by step guidance does not help you, then you have caught a new virus, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted Quick Searcher malicious plugin.