The Tr4ck.brucelead.com is an one of the many advertising websites, which can be opened when you surf the Web. If your web browser constantly redirects to the Tr4ck.brucelead.com site, then your internet browser has become the victim of an ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware). Most commonly the adware was set on your system without your consent. Because, the adware is often used to open tons of annoying pop ups within the MS Edge, IE, Firefox and Chrome’s screen. As, the advertisers don’t disdain to use any ways to promote their web pages and attract new users. Below we explain how to delete adware and thus remove Tr4ck.brucelead.com intrusive pop up advertisements from your web browser.
It’s probably that you might be worried with the adware that causes annoying Tr4ck.brucelead.com advertisements. You should not disregard this undesired software. The adware might not only display intrusive advertisements, but redirect your browser to misleading web sites. What is more, the adware can analyze your surfing, and gain access to your personal info and, afterwards, can use it for marketing purposes. Thus, there are more than enough reasons to remove Tr4ck.brucelead.com pop ups from your PC.
Most often, the adware affects the most common web browsers such as the Edge, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. But such the harmful software as well may infect another web browsers by changing its shortcuts (adding an argument like ‘http://site.address’ into Target field of a internet browser’s shortcut file). So every time you run the browser, it will reroute to the annoying Tr4ck.brucelead.com web-page. Even if you setup a new home page, an annoying webpage will be the first thing you see when you run the Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Therefore it’s very important to follow the step-by-step tutorial below sooner. The guidance will help you to delete ‘ad supported’ software as well as clean your PC system from the Tr4ck.brucelead.com advertisements. What is more, the guidance below will help you remove other harmful programs like undesired toolbars and browser hijackers, that can be installed onto machine along with the ‘ad supported’ software.
Remove Tr4ck.brucelead.com redirect (removal tutorial)
Fortunately, it is not hard to delete ad supported software that causes multiple undesired pop-ups. In the following tutorial, we will provide two methods to clean your personal computer of this adware. One is the manual removal method and the other is automatic removal method. You can choose the solution that best fits you. Please follow the removal guidance below to remove Tr4ck.brucelead.com redirect right now!
To remove Tr4ck.brucelead.com, complete the steps below:
- Get rid of Tr4ck.brucelead.com popups without any tools
- Delete ad-supported software through the MS Windows Control Panel
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
- Clean up the web-browsers shortcuts that have been affected by ‘ad supported’ software
- Remove Tr4ck.brucelead.com pop-up ads from Internet Explorer
- Remove Tr4ck.brucelead.com redirect from Chrome
- Get rid of Tr4ck.brucelead.com from Mozilla Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
- How to delete Tr4ck.brucelead.com pop-ups with free applications
- Block Tr4ck.brucelead.com ads and other annoying sites
- How did Tr4ck.brucelead.com advertisements get on your system
- To sum up
Get rid of Tr4ck.brucelead.com popups without any tools
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove Tr4ck.brucelead.com pop ups from the Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Edge.
Delete ad-supported software through the MS Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and remove the program that causes the appearance of intrusive ads or internet browser redirect, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the MS Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter like below.
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as displayed on the screen below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and select the ‘Control Panel’ at right like below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Microsoft Windows 7 or Vista) as shown in the figure below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed programs and delete all dubious and unknown programs. We suggest to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed apps by date. After you have found anything dubious that may be the adware that causes web browsers to show unwanted Tr4ck.brucelead.com popup advertisements or other potentially unwanted application (PUA), then choose this program and press ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the questionable program blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to completely delete it from your PC.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the adware can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you launch your PC, it will open Tr4ck.brucelead.com unwanted webpage. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and get rid of all harmful tasks which have been created by malicious program.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard together. This displays a prompt that titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as displayed on the image below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Please select the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, press the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your personal computer. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then delete this malicious task. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it’s a component of the unwanted apps, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to remove, then press on it with the right mouse button and choose Delete as displayed on the screen below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by adware. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
Clean up the web-browsers shortcuts that have been affected by ‘ad supported’ software
Now you need to clean up the web browser shortcut files. Check that the shortcut file referring to the right exe-file of the internet browser, and not on any unknown file.
Right click on the shortcut file of affected web-browser like below.
Select the “Properties” option and it will open the shortcut’s properties. Next, press the “Shortcut” tab and then delete the “http://site.address” string from Target field as shown on the screen below.
Then click OK to save changes. Repeat the step for all browsers that are rerouted to the Tr4ck.brucelead.com unwanted web-site.
Remove Tr4ck.brucelead.com pop-up ads from Internet Explorer
In order to recover all browser home page, newtab and search provider you need to reset the Microsoft Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the MS Windows was installed on your machine.
First, launch the IE, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your machine for the changes to take effect. It will delete adware related to Tr4ck.brucelead.com pop up ads, disable malicious and ad-supported web-browser’s extensions and restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings such as home page, new tab and search engine by default to default state.
Remove Tr4ck.brucelead.com redirect from Chrome
Use the Reset browser tool of the Chrome to reset all its settings like default search provider, newtab and home page to original defaults. This is a very useful tool to use, in the case of browser redirects to intrusive ad webpages like Tr4ck.brucelead.com.
- First, start the Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset settings prompt as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Tr4ck.brucelead.com from Mozilla Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
If the Firefox settings such as new tab page, search provider and homepage have been changed by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help.
Start the Mozilla Firefox and press the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will open the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as on the image below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Mozilla Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the adware which developed to reroute your web-browser to various ad web sites like Tr4ck.brucelead.com. After, it is finished, click the “Finish” button.
How to delete Tr4ck.brucelead.com pop-ups with free applications
After completing the manual removal guide above all unwanted software, malicious web browser’s extensions and adware which causes annoying Tr4ck.brucelead.com popups should be uninstalled. If the problem with Tr4ck.brucelead.com advertisements is still remained, then we advise to scan your personal computer for any remaining malicious components. Use recommended free ad supported software removal programs below.
Run Zemana Anti-malware to get rid of Tr4ck.brucelead.com
We suggest you to run the Zemana Anti-malware which are completely clean your personal computer of adware that responsible for web browser redirect to the annoying Tr4ck.brucelead.com website. Moreover, the tool will help you to remove potentially unwanted programs, malware, toolbars and browser hijackers that your personal computer may be infected too.
- Please go to the following link to download the latest version of Zemana for Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the download is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your system. Next, start a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of Zemana onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti-Malware will start and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware that designed to redirect your internet browser to various ad web-sites such as Tr4ck.brucelead.com. While the tool is checking, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- Once Zemana has finished scanning your system, the results are displayed in the scan report.
- Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and press the “Next” button. The tool will remove ad supported software that responsible for internet browser reroute to the intrusive Tr4ck.brucelead.com web site and add threats to the Quarantine. When disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Run Hitman Pro to get rid of Tr4ck.brucelead.com advertisements
HitmanPro cleans your system from hijackers, potentially unwanted applications, unwanted toolbars, internet browser extensions and other undesired software such as adware responsible for redirects to Tr4ck.brucelead.com. The free removal utility will help you enjoy your machine to its fullest. HitmanPro uses advanced behavioral detection technologies to look for if there are undesired programs in your computer. You can review the scan results, and choose the threats you want to uninstall.
Please go to the link below to download HitmanPro. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: December 8, 2017
After the downloading process is finished, open the folder in which you saved it. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the Hitman Pro desktop icon. After the tool is started, you will see a screen as displayed in the following example.
Further, click “Next” button to begin checking your computer for the ad supported software that responsible for the appearance of Tr4ck.brucelead.com ads. This process can take some time, so please be patient. Once HitmanPro has finished scanning, HitmanPro will display a screen which contains a list of malware that has been detected as shown in the figure below.
Review the results once the utility has done the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next” button. It will open a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button.
Use Malwarebytes to remove Tr4ck.brucelead.com advertisements
We suggest using the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your PC system of the adware. The free utility is an advanced malware removal program designed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular antimalware technology. It is able to help you remove annoying Tr4ck.brucelead.com ads from your web-browsers, PUPs, malware, browser hijacker infections, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your computer for free.
- Download MalwareBytes Free on your Microsoft Windows Desktop from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will show the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When downloading is complete, please close all programs and open windows on your PC system. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Anti Malware will start and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button for checking your computer for the ad supported software that made to redirect your web browser to various ad websites like Tr4ck.brucelead.com. This task can take some time, so please be patient. When a malware, ‘ad supported’ software or potentially unwanted programs are found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is done.
- Once finished, you can check all threats found on your system.
- Review the report and then click the “Quarantine Selected” button. After the cleaning procedure is complete, you may be prompted to reboot the personal computer.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Block Tr4ck.brucelead.com ads and other annoying sites
Run adblocker application like AdGuard in order to block ads, malvertisements, pop-ups and online trackers, avoid having to install malicious and adware browser plug-ins and add-ons that affect your system performance and impact your computer security. Browse the World Wide Web anonymously and stay safe online!
- AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
- Once the downloading process is complete, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is complete, click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop pop-up advertisements, Tr4ck.brucelead.com redirect, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
How did Tr4ck.brucelead.com advertisements get on your system
To sum up
Now your computer should be free of the ad-supported software which redirects your internet browser to undesired Tr4ck.brucelead.com site. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop up ads and intrusive malicious web sites) and Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your machine for new ‘ad supported’ softwares and other malicious software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Tr4ck.brucelead.com redirect from the IE, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.