The FF Web Surety is a malicious browser extension from the adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) category. It is designed in order to display lots of unwanted pop-up ads and deals. The adware like the FF Web Surety usually gets installed via malicious web sites or as a part of some free programs. Do not be surprised, it happens, especially if you’re an active Internet user. Follow the guidance below to clean your system as quickly as possible, as the malicious add-on can be a way to infect your PC system with more dangerous malicious apps such as viruses and trojans. The step by step guidance which follow, I’ll show you how to remove FF Web Surety and thus get rid of any unwanted ads from your web-browser forever.
It’s not a good idea to have an unwanted program like the FF Web Surety that cause undesired pop-up ads to appear. The reason for this is simple, it doing things you do not know about. The worst is, the adware can collect lots of your user info that can be later transferred third party companies. You don’t know if your home address, account names and passwords are safe. And of course you completely don’t know what will happen when you click on any FF Web Surety pop up ads.
The instructions below explaining steps to get rid of FF Web Surety problem. Feel free to use it for removal of the adware that may attack Mozilla Firefox and other popular browsers. The step by step guide will allow you get rid of ad supported software and thereby clean your internet browser from all annoying advertisements.
Remove FF Web Surety (removal guide)
Fortunately, it is not hard to remove FF Web Surety ‘ad supported’ software that reroutes your web browser to undesired ad sites. In the following tutorial, we will provide two methods to clean your system of this adware. One is the manual removal solution and the other is automatic removal method. You can select the solution that best fits you. Please follow the removal instructions below to remove FF Web Surety adware right now!
To remove FF Web Surety, complete the following steps:
- How to manually remove FF Web Surety
- How to automatically remove FF Web Surety
- How to stay safe online
- Finish words
How to manually remove FF Web Surety
The useful removal guide for the FF Web Surety extension. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to remove FF Web Surety malicious extension let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
Uninstall PUPs through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
Check out the Windows Control Panel (Programs and Features section) to see all installed applications. We recommend to click on the “Date Installed” in order to sort the list of apps by the date you installed them. If you see any unknown and suspicious programs, they are the ones you need to uninstall.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Microsoft Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as shown below.
Once the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as on the image below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and select the ‘Control Panel’ at right as displayed below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 7 or Vista) as shown in the following example.
Carefully browse through the list of installed software and get rid of all suspicious and unknown programs. We suggest to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed software by date. Once you have found anything dubious or other PUP (potentially unwanted program), then choose this application and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the questionable application blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to completely get rid of it from your computer.
Delete FF Web Surety addon from Firefox
Resetting your Firefox is basic troubleshooting step for any issues with your browser application, including the FF Web Surety infection.
First, run the Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed below.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
How to automatically remove FF Web Surety
After completing the manual removal steps above all unwanted programs, malicious browser’s extensions and FF Web Surety malicious addon should be removed. If the problem with FF Web Surety harmful extension is still remained, then we recommend to scan your computer for any remaining malicious components. Run recommended free virus removal programs below.
Remove FF Web Surety extension with Zemana Anti-malware
Zemana Anti-malware is a utility that can delete adware, potentially unwanted apps, browser hijackers and other malicious software from your personal computer easily and for free. Zemana Anti-malware is compatible with most antivirus software. It works under Windows (10 – XP, 32 and 64 bit) and uses minimum of PC resources.
- Download Zemana on your Windows Desktop from the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: April 20, 2017
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the download is complete, please close all applications and open windows on your computer. Next, start a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) onto your machine. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will run and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button . Zemana Anti Malware tool will begin scanning the whole system to find out FF Web Surety add-on which cause annoying popups to appear. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your machine and the speed of your computer. While the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) utility is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified as being affected by malicious software.
- Once that process is finished, Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will display a scan report.
- You may remove items (move to Quarantine) by simply click the “Next” button. The tool will get rid of FF Web Surety plugin that causes a huge count of unwanted pop up advertisements. When that process is finished, you may be prompted to restart the PC system.
- Close the Zemana Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Scan and clean your computer of FF Web Surety with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro is a portable application which requires no hard setup to identify and remove FF Web Surety harmful extension which redirects your internet browser to unwanted ad pages. The application itself is small in size (only a few Mb). Hitman Pro does not need any drivers and special dlls. It is probably easier to use than any alternative malicious software removal tools you’ve ever tried. Hitman Pro works on 64 and 32-bit versions of Windows 10, 8, 7 and XP. It proves that removal utility can be just as effective as the widely known antivirus applications.
- HitmanPro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: December 8, 2017
- When the downloading process is finished, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this tool is opened, click “Next” button . HitmanPro program will scan through the whole machine for the FF Web Surety virus that causes web browsers to display intrusive pop up advertisements. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When that process is complete, a list of all items detected is created. In order to remove all items, simply press “Next” button. Now press the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
How to get rid of FF Web Surety with Malwarebytes
Manual FF Web Surety virus removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the harmful plugin can be not completely removed. We recommend that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your PC of harmful addon. Moreover, the free program will allow you to get rid of malicious software, PUPs, browser hijackers and toolbars that your system can be infected too.
- MalwareBytes Free can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 9, 2017
- After the downloading process is finished, close all apps and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is complete, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes tool will start scanning the whole computer to find out FF Web Surety virus which redirects your web browser to unwanted ad sites. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your PC system and the speed of your computer. While the tool is scanning, you can see number of objects and files has already scanned.
- Once finished, MalwareBytes will display a scan report. In order to remove all threats, simply press “Quarantine Selected”. Once the procedure is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your computer.
The following video offers a few simple steps on how to remove hijacker infections, adware and other malware with MalwareBytes Free.
How to stay safe online
It’s important to use ad-blocker programs like AdGuard to protect your personal computer from harmful sites. Most security experts says that it’s okay to stop ads. You should do so just to stay safe! And, of course, the AdGuard can to stop malicious, misleading and other unwanted web pages.
AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
When the downloading process is done, double-click the downloaded file to run it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as displayed in the figure below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guidance as displayed in the following example.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick guidance that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you run your system, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop up ads, as well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which can be found on your desktop.
After completing the step-by-step guide shown above, your personal computer should be clean from FF Web Surety virus that causes internet browsers to show undesired popup advertisements and other malicious software. The Mozilla Firefox will no longer redirect you to various intrusive web-sites. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step guide does not help you, then you have caught a new extension, and then the best way – ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.