If you find that your settings of the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or MS Edge browser have been changed to Search.searchwti.com without your permission then that’s a clear sign that hijacker (also known as hijackware) was installed on your computer. Once started, it takes control of your PC system including installed Internet Explorer, FF, Chrome and Edge and may impose some unwanted changes to its settings such as newtab page, search engine by default and start page, without your knowledge.
If your computer has been affected by Search.searchwti.com browser hijacker, every time you start your web browser you will see this web site. Of course you can setup your home page again, but next time you launch a browser you’ll see that Search.searchwti.com start page return. As mentioned above, the hijacker can alter the default search provider on this intrusive website too, so all your search queries will be re-directed to Search.searchwti.com. Thus the authors of the hijacker infection can collect the search terms of your queries, and redirect you to intrusive sites.
Some browser hijacker infections also contain ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) that can show intrusive advertisements or collect personal data about you that can be transferred to third parties. These unwanted advertisements may be displayed in the form of pop-unders, pop-ups, in-text advertisements, video ads, text links or banners or even massive full page ads. Most of the ad-supported software is designed to open ads, but some ad-supported software is form of spyware that often used to track users to collect your personal data.
Thus, it’s clear that the presence of hijacker on your PC system is not desirable, and you need to clean up your computer immediately. Follow the step-by-step instructions below in order to remove Search.searchwti.com from MS Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer, FF and Chrome.
How to remove Search.searchwti.com from computer
In order to remove Search.searchwti.com from the IE, Firefox, Edge and Google Chrome and set your favorite homepage and search engine, you need to reset the web-browser settings. Additionally, you should look up for other questionable entries, such as files, programs, browser extensions and shortcuts. However, if you want to remove Search.searchwti.com easily, you should run reputable antimalware tool and let it do the job for you.
To remove Search.searchwti.com, perform the following steps:
- How to remove Search.searchwti.com without any software
- Scan your system and remove Search.searchwti.com with free utilities
- How to block Search.searchwti.com
- Tips to prevent Search.searchwti.com and other unwanted apps
- To sum up
How to remove Search.searchwti.com without any software
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually get rid of Search.searchwti.com home page from the Firefox, IE, Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
Delete Search.searchwti.com related software through the Control Panel of your personal computer
In order to remove PUPs like this hijacker, open the Microsoft Windows Control Panel and click on “Uninstall a program”. Check the list of installed programs. For the ones you do not know, run an Internet search to see if they are adware, hijacker or PUPs. If yes, uninstall them off. Even if they are just a software which you do not use, then deleting them off will increase your personal computer start up time and speed dramatically.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next press Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and press “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all programs installed on the computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete dubious and unknown apps. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video tutorial below.
Remove Search.searchwti.com from Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and press the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as displayed below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button as shown in the following example.
Follow the onscreen procedure to return your FF web-browser settings to its original state.
Remove Search.searchwti.com redirect from Microsoft Internet Explorer
In order to restore all browser search engine, new tab page and start page you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the Microsoft Windows was installed on your computer.
First, start the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as shown in the following example.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your personal computer for the changes to take effect. It will delete browser hijacker responsible for modifying your internet browser settings to Search.searchwti.com, disable malicious and ad-supported web browser’s extensions and restore the IE’s settings such as newtab, homepage and search provider by default to default state.
Get rid of Search.searchwti.com search from Chrome
Use the Reset web browser utility of the Google Chrome to reset all its settings like startpage, new tab and default search engine to original defaults. This is a very useful utility to use, in the case of web-browser hijacks like Search.searchwti.com.
- First, start the Google Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset settings prompt as on the image above.
- Confirm the web browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Scan your system and remove Search.searchwti.com with free utilities
Manual removal steps does not always help to completely get rid of the browser hijacker, as it’s not easy to identify and delete components of hijacker and all malicious files from hard disk. Therefore, it is recommended that you use malware removal tool to completely get rid of Search.searchwti.com off your machine. Several free malicious software removal utilities are currently available that can be used against the browser hijacker. The optimum way would be to run Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM), MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) and HitmanPro.
How to get rid of Search.searchwti.com with Zemana AntiMalware
Zemana Free highly recommended, because it can scan for security threats such ad-supported software and browser hijacker infections which most ‘classic’ antivirus programs fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any Search.searchwti.com browser hijacker removal problems which cannot be fixed by this utility automatically, then Zemana provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
Download Zemana Free by clicking on the following link. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
Once downloading is done, close all software and windows on your computer. Double-click the set up file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as displayed in the following example, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” that will help you install Zemana Free on your PC system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once install is complete successfully, Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will automatically start and you can see its main screen as displayed below.
Now press the “Scan” button for scanning your personal computer for the browser hijacker infection which made to reroute your browser to the Search.searchwti.com page. This process can take some time, so please be patient. When a threat is found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
Once that process is finished, Zemana AntiMalware will open a screen that contains a list of malware that has been detected. Review the scan results and then click “Next” button. The Zemana Free will remove hijacker related to Search.searchwti.com homepage and add threats to the Quarantine. When that process is done, you may be prompted to reboot the PC system.
Run HitmanPro to remove Search.searchwti.com from the PC
The Hitman Pro utility is free and easy to use. It can scan and delete browser hijacker responsible for Search.searchwti.com homepage, malicious software, PUPs and adware from personal computer (MS Windows 10, 8, 7, XP) and thereby return browsers default settings (default search provider, new tab and homepage). HitmanPro is powerful enough to detect and delete malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the personal computer.
Visit the following page to download Hitman Pro. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: December 8, 2017
Once the download is finished, open the folder in which you saved it and double-click the HitmanPro icon. It will launch the Hitman Pro tool. If the User Account Control dialog box will ask you want to start the program, click Yes button to continue.
Next, press “Next” to detect browser hijacker which cause a reroute to Search.searchwti.com web page. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your system and the speed of your PC. While the Hitman Pro tool is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as being infected by malware.
When the scanning is complete, Hitman Pro will open a scan report as displayed below.
Once you’ve selected what you want to get rid of from your PC system click “Next” button. It will show a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button. The Hitman Pro will delete hijacker that cause a reroute to Search.searchwti.com website. When disinfection is complete, the utility may ask you to restart your machine.
How to automatically delete Search.searchwti.com with Malwarebytes
Delete Search.searchwti.com browser hijacker manually is difficult and often the browser hijacker is not completely removed. Therefore, we suggest you to run the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your machine. Moreover, the free program will help you to remove malware, potentially unwanted applications, toolbars and ad-supported software that your personal computer can be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes AntiMalware on your PC by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) onto your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) will launch and show the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) program will scan through the whole PC system for the browser hijacker that responsible for web browser redirect to the undesired Search.searchwti.com web-site. This task can take some time, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes is scanning, you can see count of objects it has identified either as being malware.
- Once MalwareBytes completes the scan, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will prepare a list of unwanted and adware.
- When you’re ready, click the “Quarantine Selected” button. When that process is done, you may be prompted to restart the PC system.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to block Search.searchwti.com
Use ad-blocker application like AdGuard in order to stop ads, malvertisements, pop-ups and online trackers, avoid having to install harmful and adware browser plug-ins and add-ons that affect your computer performance and impact your personal computer security. Surf the Web anonymously and stay safe online!
- AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block ads, Search.searchwti.com redirect, as well as other malicious or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that may be found on your desktop.
Tips to prevent Search.searchwti.com and other unwanted apps
Usually, Search.searchwti.com browser hijacker gets into your PC system as part of a bundle with free programs, sharing files and other unsafe applications that you downloaded from the Internet. The makers of this browser hijacker infection pays software makers for distributing Search.searchwti.com hijacker within their software. So, third-party applications is often included as part of the installation package. In order to avoid the installation of any hijacker infections like Search.searchwti.com: choose only Manual, Custom or Advanced installation option and disable all optional software in which you are unsure.
To sum up
Now your machine should be free of the hijacker infection that cause Search.searchwti.com page to appear. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop-ups and undesired harmful web sites) and Zemana Anti Malware (to periodically scan your personal computer for new hijackers and other malicious software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete Search.searchwti.com from the Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.