The Billyaffcontent.com is an ad webpage which can be loaded into your browser with the help of adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software). The adware may modify the settings of internet browsers like Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Internet Explorer or install a malicious web-browser extension that developed to generate a ton of intrusive pop ups. It’ll lead to the fact that when you launch the web-browser or browse the Web, it’ll always be forced to open Billyaffcontent.com advertisements, even when your browser is configured to block popups or your machine has a program that stops ads. On current date, the adware continues to increase the number of computers which have been infected.
The adware responsible for redirecting your web browser to Billyaffcontent.com webpage, can attack your personal computer’s web-browsers such as the FF, Edge, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. Maybe you approve the idea that the pop up advertisements from it is just a small problem. But these intrusive Billyaffcontent.com advertisements eat computer resources. Even worse, it can gather your browsing history and confidential data, including passwords and credit card numbers. In the future, confidential information can be sold to third parties.
In addition to that, as was mentioned earlier, certain adware to also change all web-browsers shortcuts that located on your Desktop or Start menu. So, every affected shortcut will try to redirect your browser to intrusive ad web-pages such as Billyaffcontent.com, some of which might be malicious. It can make the whole personal computer more vulnerable to hacker attacks.
We strongly recommend that you perform the tutorial below that will allow you to remove Billyaffcontent.com popup ads using the standard features of Windows and some proven free software.
Remove Billyaffcontent.com redirect
We can help you remove Billyaffcontent.com from your browsers, without the need to take your computer to a professional. Simply follow the removal guidance below if you currently have the undesired adware on your system and want to delete it. If you’ve any difficulty while trying to get rid of the adware responsible for redirects to Billyaffcontent.com, feel free to ask for our assist in the comment section below. Some of the steps will require you to reboot your machine or close this webpage. So, read this instructions carefully, then bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove Billyaffcontent.com, execute the following steps:
- Delete Billyaffcontent.com redirect without any utilities
- Remove dubious programs using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
- Remove Billyaffcontent.com pop ups from Google Chrome
- Remove Billyaffcontent.com pop ups from Firefox
- Remove Billyaffcontent.com pop-up advertisements from IE
- Fix affected internet browsers shortcuts to delete Billyaffcontent.com redirect
- Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
- Billyaffcontent.com pop-up ads automatic removal
- How to block Billyaffcontent.com pop-ups
- How can you prevent your personal computer from the attack of Billyaffcontent.com pop-up advertisements
- Finish words
Delete Billyaffcontent.com redirect without any utilities
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to get rid of the Billyaffcontent.com pop-ups from the Chrome, FF, Microsoft Edge and IE web-browsers.
Remove dubious programs using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
We suggest that you start the personal computer cleaning procedure by checking the list of installed apps and delete all unknown or questionable software. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the harmful software such as ad-supported software and hijacker infections may be bundled with free programs. Remove the unwanted software can delete the unwanted ads or web browser redirect.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Next, press “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all applications installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and remove any questionable and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort programs by date in the Control panel.
Remove Billyaffcontent.com pop ups from Google Chrome
Use the Reset web browser utility of the Chrome to reset all its settings such as search engine, home page and newtab to original defaults. This is a very useful utility to use, in the case of browser redirects to intrusive ad web-pages like Billyaffcontent.com.
- First start the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is complete, your web-browser’s newtab page, default search provider and homepage will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Billyaffcontent.com pop ups from Firefox
If the Firefox web browser program is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Mozilla Firefox settings such as start page, search engine by default and new tab page to its default state. It will save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, and open tabs.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown on the screen below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed in the following example.
Follow the onscreen procedure to revert back your FF web-browser settings to its original state.
Remove Billyaffcontent.com pop-up advertisements from IE
By resetting IE internet browser you return your browser settings to its default state. This is basic when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by ‘ad supported’ software that responsible for the appearance of Billyaffcontent.com pop ups.
First, open the IE. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” as displayed below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as displayed in the figure below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect.
Fix affected internet browsers shortcuts to delete Billyaffcontent.com redirect
After the ad supported software is started, it can also modify the internet browser’s shortcut files, adding an argument such as “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you launch the web-browser, it’ll show an undesired page.
Right click on the web browser’s shortcut file, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://site.address” which has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe.
To save changes, press OK . You need to clean all web browser’s shortcut files. So, repeat this step for the Mozilla Firefox, IE, Edge and Chrome.
Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the annoying Billyaffcontent.com web-page opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and delete all tasks that have been created by malicious programs.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard at the same time. This displays a prompt that called Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown on the image below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Please choose the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your system. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then remove this malicious task. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it’s a component of the unwanted applications, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to remove, then press on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as on the image below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks which have been created by malicious program. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
Billyaffcontent.com pop-up ads automatic removal
Manual removal guide does not always help to completely delete the ‘ad supported’ software, as it’s not easy to identify and remove components of ‘ad supported’ software and all malicious files from hard disk. Therefore, it is recommended that you use malware removal utility to completely remove Billyaffcontent.com off your browser. Several free malicious software removal tools are currently available that can be used against the adware. The optimum way would be to run Zemana Free, MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) and HitmanPro.
Use Zemana Anti-malware to delete Billyaffcontent.com redirect
We advise you to run the Zemana Anti-malware that are completely clean your PC of adware responsible for Billyaffcontent.com pop-up ads. Moreover, the utility will help you to remove potentially unwanted programs, malware, toolbars and hijackers that your system can be infected too.
- Visit the following page to download Zemana Anti-Malware. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- After downloading is finished, close all software and windows on your computer. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is done, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the adware that cause intrusive Billyaffcontent.com popup advertisements to appear. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your machine and the speed of your system. While the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) tool is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as being affected by malware.
- When the scan is finished, you may check all threats found on your PC system. In order to remove all items, simply press “Next”. After the task is finished, you can be prompted to restart your PC.
Run Hitman Pro to get rid of Billyaffcontent.com advertisements
Hitman Pro is a free program that made to get rid of malicious software, PUPs, browser hijackers and ad-supported software from your machine running MS Windows 10, 8, 7, XP (32-bit and 64-bit). It will help to detect and delete ‘ad supported’ software responsible for redirects to Billyaffcontent.com, including its files, folders and registry keys.
- Installing the Hitman Pro is simple. First you will need to download HitmanPro by clicking on the link below. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: December 8, 2017
- After the download is complete, start the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, click the “Next” . HitmanPro utility will start scanning the whole system to find out adware that responsible for the appearance of Billyaffcontent.com redirect. This task can take some time, so please be patient. While the Hitman Pro utility is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as being infected by malicious software.
- As the scanning ends, the results are displayed in the scan report. Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and press “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Use Malwarebytes to remove Billyaffcontent.com pop-ups
Remove Billyaffcontent.com advertisements manually is difficult and often the ad-supported software is not completely removed. Therefore, we advise you to run the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free program will allow you to remove malware, PUPs, toolbars and hijackers that your system can be infected too.
MalwareBytes can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
When the downloading process is complete, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the MalwareBytes Free will try to update itself and when this process is done, click the “Scan Now” button to start checking your PC for the adware related to Billyaffcontent.com popups. While the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malware. Next, you need to press “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) is a free application that you can use to remove all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malicious software removal tool, we suggest you to read and follow the steps or the video guide below.
How to block Billyaffcontent.com pop-ups
If you surf the Web, you cannot avoid malicious advertising. But you can protect your web-browser against it. Download and run an ad blocker application. AdGuard is an ad-blocking which can filter out a large number of of the malicious advertising, stoping dynamic scripts from loading malicious content.
Download AdGuard on your machine by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
After downloading it, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as displayed below.
Follow the prompts. When the installation is finished, you will see a window like below.
You can press “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and stop advertisements, Billyaffcontent.com redirect, as well as other harmful or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which can be found on your desktop.
How can you prevent your personal computer from the attack of Billyaffcontent.com pop-up advertisements
Now your machine should be clean of the adware that causes multiple unwanted pop-ups. We suggest that you keep Zemana Free (to periodically scan your system for new adwares and other malware) and AdGuard (to help you stop undesired advertisements and harmful webpages). Moreover, to prevent any ‘ad supported’ software, please stay clear of unknown and third party apps, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to find out PUPs.
If you need more help with Billyaffcontent.com pop-ups related issues, go to our Spyware/Malware removal forum.