The ChromeSearch.Online is a harmful hijacker infection that could bring various problems to your computer. Once installed, it may impose certain unwanted changes to your web-browser’s settings, making your search provider by default, startpage and newtab page to become its own website. You may have some problems such as being rerouted to unwanted webpages, receiving a ton of intrusive pop up ads. Moreover, your private information being collected without any knowledge, while the ChromeSearch.Online hijacker is installed on your computer.
After the hijack, common symptoms include:
- Replacing the IE, Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox built-in search box and search engine by default to ChromeSearch.Online;
- Modifying web browser’s startpage to ChromeSearch.Online;
- Replacing the ‘newtab page’ URL to launch an intrusive web site.
While the ChromeSearch.Online browser hijacker is active, you won’t be able to restore the MS Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and IE’ settings like home page, default search provider and new tab. If you try to set your start page to be Google, Bing or Yahoo, those settings will be automatically altered to ChromeSearch.Online with the next system restart. But this does not mean that you should just ignore it or get along with this fact. Because this is not the best option, due to the ChromeSearch.Online you can have problems with the Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge, intrusive ads and even user information theft.
Most often, the ChromeSearch.Online hijacker affects most common web browsers like FF, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. But such hijackers as well may infect other web browsers by changing its shortcuts (adding ‘http://site.address’ into Target field of internet browser’s shortcut). So every time you launch the internet browser, it will open ChromeSearch.Online web-page. Even if you setup your homepage again, the undesired ChromeSearch.Online webpage will be the first thing that you see when you open the browser.
Therefore it’s very important to free your PC of browser hijacker infection sooner. Follow the guidance below to delete ChromeSearch.Online , as well as other malware and ad-supported software, which can be installed onto your personal computer along with it.
How to remove ChromeSearch.Online from Google Chrome, Firefox, IE and Edge
The following guidance will allow you to remove ChromeSearch.Online redirect from the Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and FF. Moreover, the steps below will help you to delete malicious software such as PUPs, ‘ad supported’ software and toolbars that your computer may be infected. Please do the tutorial step by step. If you need assist or have any questions, then ask for our assistance or type a comment below. Some of the steps below will require you to exit this site. So, please read the step by step tutorial carefully, after that bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove ChromeSearch.Online, use the steps below:
- How to delete ChromeSearch.Online start page without any software
- Remove ChromeSearch.Online associated software by using MS Windows Control Panel
- Fix web browser shortcuts, altered by ChromeSearch.Online browser hijacker
- Remove ChromeSearch.Online from Mozilla Firefox by resetting browser settings
- Remove ChromeSearch.Online virus from Internet Explorer
- Get rid of ChromeSearch.Online from Chrome
- Run free malware removal tools to completely get rid of ChromeSearch.Online search
- How to stop ChromeSearch.Online
- Prevent ChromeSearch.Online browser hijacker infection from installing
- To sum up
How to delete ChromeSearch.Online start page without any software
If you perform exactly the tutorial below you should be able to delete the ChromeSearch.Online redirect from the Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Firefox web browsers.
Remove ChromeSearch.Online associated software by using MS Windows Control Panel
First, go to Microsoft Windows Control Panel and delete dubious apps, all applications you do not remember installing. It is important to pay the most attention to software you installed just before ChromeSearch.Online hijacker infection appeared on your web browser. If you do not know what a program does, look for the answer on the Internet.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown in the figure below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel as on the image below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of programs installed on your system. Most probably, one of them is the browser hijacker infection that changes web browser settings to replace your new tab, search engine and homepage with ChromeSearch.Online web-page. If you’ve many software installed, you can help simplify the search of malicious applications by sort the list by date of installation. Once you have found a questionable, unwanted or unused application, right click to it, after that click ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
When the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to click ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as shown in the figure below.
You will see a list of apps installed on your PC. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the programs that were installed last. Most probably, it is the hijacker infection responsible for redirecting your browser to ChromeSearch.Online site. If you’re in doubt, you can always check the program by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. After the program which you need to uninstall is found, simply click on its name, and then click ‘Uninstall’ as displayed in the figure below.
Fix web browser shortcuts, altered by ChromeSearch.Online browser hijacker
The ChromeSearch.Online browser hijacker infection and other internet browser’s malicious extensions, can hijack various Windows shortcuts on your desktop (most often, all web browsers shortcut files), so in this step you need to check and clean them by removing the argument such as http://site.address/.
Right click on the shortcut file of hijacked internet browser as shown in the figure below.
Select the “Properties” option and it will display the shortcut file’s properties. Next, press the “Shortcut” tab and then delete the “http://site.address” string from Target field like below.
Then click OK to save changes. Repeat the step for all web browsers which are rerouted to the ChromeSearch.Online intrusive web site.
Remove ChromeSearch.Online from Mozilla Firefox by resetting browser settings
If the Mozilla Firefox settings like homepage, search provider and new tab have been modified by the browser hijacker, then resetting it to the default state can help.
Run the Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the web-browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will display the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed on the image below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The Firefox will begin a process to fix your problems that caused by the browser hijacker responsible for redirections to ChromeSearch.Online. Once, it’s finished, click the “Finish” button.
Remove ChromeSearch.Online virus from Internet Explorer
First, run the Microsoft Internet Explorer, press ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to restart your system for the changes to take effect. It will remove browser hijacker responsible for redirecting your browser to ChromeSearch.Online web-page, disable malicious and ad-supported browser’s extensions and restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings such as homepage, newtab and default search provider to default state.
Get rid of ChromeSearch.Online from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the browser hijacker, harmful and adware extensions, as well as to recover the browser’s startpage, newtab page and search provider by default that have been replaced by browser hijacker.
- First, launch the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset settings dialog box as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Run free malware removal tools to completely get rid of ChromeSearch.Online search
Use malicious software removal tools to get rid of ChromeSearch.Online automatically. The freeware tools specially designed for browser hijacker, adware and other potentially unwanted software removal. These tools may remove most of browser hijacker infection from Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome and MS Edge. Moreover, it can remove all components of ChromeSearch.Online from Windows registry and system drives.
Run Zemana to remove hijacker
Zemana Anti Malware is a utility which can get rid of ad supported software, potentially unwanted applications, hijackers and other malicious software from your system easily and for free. Zemana Free is compatible with most antivirus software. It works under Windows (10 – XP, 32 and 64 bit) and uses minimum of PC resources.
Please go to the following link to download the latest version of Zemana AntiMalware for MS Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
After the download is done, close all applications and windows on your system. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup as displayed in the figure below.
When the installation starts, you will see the “Setup wizard” which will help you install Zemana Free on your PC.
Once installation is finished, you will see window as shown below.
Now press the “Scan” button for scanning your PC for the browser hijacker which cause a reroute to ChromeSearch.Online web page. Depending on your computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour.
When the scan get completed, Zemana will show a screen which contains a list of malware that has been found. Review the results once the tool has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti-Malware will get rid of hijacker responsible for redirecting your web browser to ChromeSearch.Online website and add items to the Quarantine.
Use HitmanPro to get rid of ChromeSearch.Online
HitmanPro is a free removal tool that can scan your PC for a wide range of security threats such as ad-supported software, malicious software, PUPs as well as browser hijacker that responsible for internet browser redirect to the intrusive ChromeSearch.Online page. It will perform a deep scan of your computer including hard drives and MS Windows registry. Once a malware is found, it will help you to remove all found threats from your system by a simple click.
- Please go to the following link to download the latest version of Hitman Pro for Microsoft Windows. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After downloading is done, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this tool is started, press “Next” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the browser hijacker infection which cause ChromeSearch.Online page to appear. This process can take some time, so please be patient. During the scan Hitman Pro will scan for threats present on your computer.
- When Hitman Pro completes the scan, a list of all items detected is produced. All found items will be marked. You can delete them all by simply click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Automatically remove ChromeSearch.Online with Malwarebytes
We suggest using the Malwarebytes Free. You can download and install Malwarebytes to detect and get rid of ChromeSearch.Online startpage from your PC system. When installed and updated, the free malware remover will automatically scan and detect all threats exist on the computer.
- MalwareBytes AntiMalware can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
- After downloading is done, close all software and windows on your machine. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is complete, click the “Scan Now” button to search for ChromeSearch.Online browser hijacker and other web browser’s harmful extensions. This task can take some time, so please be patient. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is done.
- As the scanning ends, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will create a list of unwanted and adware. Review the report and then click “Quarantine Selected”. After that process is finished, you may be prompted to restart your PC.
The following video offers a instructions on how to get rid of hijackers, ad-supported software and other malware with MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM).
How to stop ChromeSearch.Online
In order to increase your security and protect your system against new annoying advertisements and harmful web pages, you need to run ad blocking program that blocks an access to harmful advertisements and sites. Moreover, the application can block the show of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of web pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard on your PC by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the setup is done, press “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and stop advertisements, ChromeSearch.Online redirect, as well as other malicious or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
Prevent ChromeSearch.Online browser hijacker infection from installing
To sum up
Now your computer should be clean of the browser hijacker responsible for redirecting your web-browser to ChromeSearch.Online page. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop ups and unwanted harmful web sites) and Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your computer for new malware, browser hijackers and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Microsoft Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new hijackers, malicious apps and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove ChromeSearch.Online homepage from your internet browser, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.