The Speed-metrics-digital-service.today is classified as misleading ‘ad’ web page that created in order to trick you into downloading and installing an questionable software. If your browser opens automatically to the Speed-metrics-digital-service.today then it is possible that your browser has become a victim of the adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software). The adware can show lots of popup ads within the Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Internet Explorer screen or redirect you to an unwanted ad web sites. So, if you have found that your web browser is redirected to this undesired web site, then you don’t need to wait , you need to follow the tutorial below to clean your machine from the adware and thereby get rid of Speed-metrics-digital-service.today pop-up scam immediately.
The ‘ad supported’ software that displays misleading Speed-metrics-digital-service.today fake alerts on your machine, is not a virus, but the virus behaves similarly. As a rootkit hides in the system, modifies web-browser settings and blocks them from changing. Also the ad-supported software can install additional internet browser addons and modules that will inject advertising banners within the IE, Google Chrome, Firefox and MS Edge’s screen. Moreover, the ad supported software may install web browser hijacker that once started, will alter the web browser’s startpage and search provider. The worst is, the adware be able to collect lots of user data about you such as what webpages you are opening, what you are looking for the Web and so on. This confidential information, subsequently, may be transferred to third parties.
The malicious apps from the adware family that modifies the settings of browsers usually affects only the Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. However, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. The adware may modify the Target property of a web browser’s shortcut, so every time you start the browser, instead of your home page, you’ll see the annoying Speed-metrics-digital-service.today web page.
We suggest to remove the ad supported software which made to show misleading Speed-metrics-digital-service.today fake alerts within your web browser, as soon as you found this problem, as it can redirect your web browser to web-resources which may load other harmful software on your system.
Remove Speed-metrics-digital-service.today pop-up scam
We recommend opting for automatic Speed-metrics-digital-service.today popup removal in order to get rid of all adware related entries easily. This way requires scanning the system with reputable antimalware, e.g. Zemana Anti-Malware, MalwareBytes or Hitman Pro. However, if you prefer manual removal steps, you can use the instructions below in this blog post. Some of the steps below will require you to shut down this web site. So, please read the instructions carefully, after that bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove Speed-metrics-digital-service.today, follow the steps below:
- How to delete Speed-metrics-digital-service.today fake alerts without any software
- Remove questionable apps using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
- Remove Speed-metrics-digital-service.today pop-up from Google Chrome
- Remove Speed-metrics-digital-service.today pop-up scam from Internet Explorer
- Delete Speed-metrics-digital-service.today from Firefox by resetting browser settings
- Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
- Fix hijacked web-browsers shortcuts to get rid of Speed-metrics-digital-service.today redirect
- How to automatically remove Speed-metrics-digital-service.today fake alerts
- How to block Speed-metrics-digital-service.today fake alerts
- How to prevent Speed-metrics-digital-service.today pop up warnings from getting inside your PC system
- To sum up
How to delete Speed-metrics-digital-service.today fake alerts without any software
Most common ‘ad supported’ software may be deleted without any antivirus programs. The manual ad supported software removal is instructions that will teach you how to get rid of the Speed-metrics-digital-service.today pop up warnings.
Remove questionable apps using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
The best way to begin the personal computer cleanup is to remove unknown and questionable software. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded apps can clean up the IE, Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Firefox from advertisements, hijackers and so on.
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will display the Windows Control Panel as shown in the figure below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all programs installed on your PC. Scroll through the all list, and delete any suspicious and unknown applications.
Remove Speed-metrics-digital-service.today pop-up from Google Chrome
If your Google Chrome web browser is redirected to annoying Speed-metrics-digital-service.today web page, it may be necessary to completely reset your browser program to its default settings.
- First run the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is complete, your web browser’s homepage, new tab page and search provider by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Speed-metrics-digital-service.today pop-up scam from Internet Explorer
In order to restore all internet browser home page, search engine by default and newtab page you need to reset the Microsoft Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the MS Windows was installed on your personal computer.
First, launch the IE, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then click the “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as shown below.
After the procedure is finished, click “Close” button. Close the IE and reboot your system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your internet browser’s homepage, newtab page and search provider by default to default state.
Delete Speed-metrics-digital-service.today from Firefox by resetting browser settings
If your Mozilla Firefox internet browser is rerouted to Speed-metrics-digital-service.today without your permission or an unknown search provider shows results for your search, then it may be time to perform the web browser reset.
Launch the Mozilla Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the internet browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will open the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed on the image below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Mozilla Firefox will start a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the ‘ad supported’ software which causes misleading Speed-metrics-digital-service.today pop up warnings on your web-browser. After, it’s finished, press the “Finish” button.
Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the annoying Speed-metrics-digital-service.today website opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and delete all tasks that have been created by malicious programs.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard simultaneously. This shows a dialog box that titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as displayed in the figure below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Please choose the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your PC. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then delete this harmful task. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it is a component of the adware, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to get rid of, then click on it with the right mouse button and choose Delete as shown on the image below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ program. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
Fix hijacked web-browsers shortcuts to get rid of Speed-metrics-digital-service.today redirect
The adware that causes misleading Speed-metrics-digital-service.today pop up warnings on your browser, may hijack various Windows shortcut files on your desktop (most often, all web-browsers shortcuts), so in this step you need to check and clean them by removing the argument such as http://site.address/.
Right click on the shortcut of hijacked web-browser as displayed in the figure below.
Select the “Properties” option and it’ll open the shortcut’s properties. Next, click the “Shortcut” tab and then delete the “http://site.address” string from Target field as displayed in the figure below.
Then click OK to save changes. Repeat the step for all browsers which are redirected to the Speed-metrics-digital-service.today undesired web-site.
How to automatically remove Speed-metrics-digital-service.today fake alerts
There are not many good free anti-malware applications with high detection ratio. The effectiveness of malware removal tools depends on various factors, mostly on how often their virus/malware signatures DB are updated in order to effectively detect modern malware, adware, hijackers and other potentially unwanted applications. We recommend to run several programs, not just one. These programs which listed below will help you get rid of all components of the adware from your disk and Windows registry and thereby get rid of Speed-metrics-digital-service.today popup warnings.
How to automatically remove Speed-metrics-digital-service.today fake alerts with Zemana Anti-malware
We suggest you to use the Zemana Anti-malware that are completely clean your machine of ad-supported software which cause misleading Speed-metrics-digital-service.today pop up scam to appear. Moreover, the tool will allow you to remove PUPs, malicious software, toolbars and browser hijackers that your personal computer can be infected too.
Click the link below to download Zemana Free. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: April 20, 2017
When downloading is done, close all programs and windows on your computer. Double-click the install file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up like below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” which will help you install Zemana on your PC system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once install is done successfully, Zemana AntiMalware will automatically start and you can see its main screen as shown in the figure below.
Now click the “Scan” button to start scanning your PC for the adware that causes web-browsers to open misleading Speed-metrics-digital-service.today fake alerts. This process may take some time, so please be patient. While the Zemana is scanning, you can see count of objects it has identified either as being malware.
After the system scan is finished, you can check all threats found on your computer. All found threats will be marked. You can delete them all by simply click “Next” button. The Zemana Anti-Malware will get rid of adware that causes multiple misleading Speed-metrics-digital-service.today alerts and pop-ups and add items to the Quarantine. When disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the machine.
Scan and free your machine of ad-supported software with Hitman Pro
Hitman Pro is a portable program which requires no hard installation to look for and remove adware that causes misleading Speed-metrics-digital-service.today pop-up warnings on your internet browser. The application itself is small in size (only a few Mb). HitmanPro does not need any drivers and special dlls. It is probably easier to use than any alternative malware removal tools you’ve ever tried. HitmanPro works on 64 and 32-bit versions of Windows 10, 8, 7 and XP. It proves that removal tool can be just as effective as the widely known antivirus programs.
- Please go to the link below to download the latest version of HitmanPro for Microsoft Windows. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: December 8, 2017
- Once the downloading process is finished, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this utility is started, press “Next” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware which displays misleading Speed-metrics-digital-service.today pop-up scam on your system. Depending on your PC, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the Hitman Pro tool is checking, you may see how many objects it has identified as being infected by malware.
- After HitmanPro has finished scanning, HitmanPro will show a scan report. In order to get rid of all threats, simply click “Next” button. Now press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Get rid of Speed-metrics-digital-service.today pop up scam with Malwarebytes
We recommend using the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your system of the adware. The free tool is an advanced malware removal program designed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular antimalware technology. It is able to help you remove annoying Speed-metrics-digital-service.today popup from your web browsers, potentially unwanted programs, malicious software, browser hijackers, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your machine for free.
- Download MalwareBytes Free on your Microsoft Windows Desktop from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 9, 2017
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the downloading process is done, please close all applications and open windows on your personal computer. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Free onto your PC. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes AntiMalware will run and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Anti Malware application will scan through the whole PC system for the adware that causes multiple misleading Speed-metrics-digital-service.today alerts and popups. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your PC and the speed of your PC. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is finished.
- As the scanning ends, the results are displayed in the scan report.
- In order to remove all items, simply click the “Quarantine Selected” button. Once that process is done, you may be prompted to restart the PC.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to block Speed-metrics-digital-service.today fake alerts
In order to increase your security and protect your personal computer against new undesired advertisements and harmful web pages, you need to run adblocker program that blocks an access to harmful advertisements and web pages. Moreover, the program can stop the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of websites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Visit the page linked below to download AdGuard. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown on the image below.
Follow the prompts. After the setup is finished, you will see a window like below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and block advertisements, sites like Speed-metrics-digital-service.today, as well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that can be found on your desktop.
How to prevent Speed-metrics-digital-service.today pop up warnings from getting inside your PC system
To sum up
Now your PC should be clean of the adware that causes multiple misleading Speed-metrics-digital-service.today alerts and pop-ups. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop up advertisements and intrusive malicious web sites) and Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your machine for new ad supported softwares and other malware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to get rid of Speed-metrics-digital-service.today fake alerts from the IE, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and Edge, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.