The Thingsmakehappen.co web site appeared on your computer without any notice? After that, you are faced with the fact that your web browser is now redirected to other annoying web pages and filled with a variety of advertisements and banners. The cause of all your problems with your computer is adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) that has been installed on many PCs around the world without users permission, so you are one of many. Most probably, you don’t even know how and where this adware has got into your PC. In the step by step tutorial below, we will explain all the general features of adware and its typical behavior on the PC, as well as effective methods to remove Thingsmakehappen.co ads from your browser.
It is likely that you might be bothered with the ad-supported software responsible for Thingsmakehappen.co pop up advertisements. You should not disregard this unwanted software. The ‘ad supported’ software might not only display intrusive ads, but redirect your web-browser to shady web-sites. What is more, the adware can analyze your surfing, and gain access to your personal information and, subsequently, can use it for marketing purposes. Thus, there are more than enough reasons to delete Thingsmakehappen.co redirect from your personal computer.
The malicious apps from the adware family that changes the settings of web browsers usually affects only the Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer. However, possible situations, when any other web-browsers will be infected too. The ad-supported software may change the Target property of a web browser’s shortcut, so every time you launch the web-browser, instead of your homepage, you’ll see the intrusive Thingsmakehappen.co web-page.
We strongly recommend that you perform the guide below that will allow you to remove Thingsmakehappen.co pop ups using the standard features of Windows and some proven free software.
Remove Thingsmakehappen.co redirect (removal guidance)
We suggest opting for automatic Thingsmakehappen.co pop up ads removal in order to get rid of all ad-supported software related entries easily. This way requires scanning the computer with reputable antimalware, e.g. Zemana Anti Malware, MalwareBytes Anti Malware or HitmanPro. However, if you prefer manual removal steps, you can use the steps below in this post. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your browser or reboot your system.
To remove Thingsmakehappen.co, follow the steps below:
- Manual Thingsmakehappen.co pop up advertisements removal
- Remove Thingsmakehappen.co associated software by using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
- Fix web browser shortcuts, changed by ad-supported software
- Remove Thingsmakehappen.co ads from Chrome
- Remove Thingsmakehappen.co from Mozilla Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
- Delete Thingsmakehappen.co popup advertisements from Microsoft Internet Explorer
- How to get rid of Thingsmakehappen.co pop up advertisements with free applications
- How to block Thingsmakehappen.co ads
- Prevent Thingsmakehappen.co popups from installing
- Finish words
Manual Thingsmakehappen.co pop up advertisements removal
The useful removal guidance for the Thingsmakehappen.co redirect. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to delete Thingsmakehappen.co pop up ads let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
Remove Thingsmakehappen.co associated software by using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
Check out the MS Windows Control Panel (Programs and Features section) to see all installed programs. We advise to click on the “Date Installed” in order to sort the list of programs by the date you installed them. If you see any unknown and dubious programs, they are the ones you need to delete.
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will show the Windows Control Panel as on the image below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all apps installed on your machine. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown apps.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the adware can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you run your PC, it will show Thingsmakehappen.co undesired webpage. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and get rid of all harmful tasks that have been created by adware.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard simultaneously. This opens a prompt that titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as displayed below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Please choose the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, press the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your computer. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then get rid of this malicious task. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it’s a component of the ‘ad-supported’ programs, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to delete, then click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete like below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks which have been created by malicious application. Once is complete, close the Task Scheduler window.
Fix web browser shortcuts, changed by ad-supported software
After installed, this adware responsible for redirects to Thingsmakehappen.co, may add an argument similar to “http://site.address” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut file for the MS Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer. Due to this, every time you open the web browser, it will show an intrusive ad web page.
Open the properties of the internet browser shortcut. Right click on the shortcut file of infected internet browser and choose the “Properties” option and it’ll open the properties of the shortcut. Next, choose the “Shortcut” tab and have a look at the Target field as on the image below.
Normally, if the last word in the Target field is chrome.exe, iexplore.exe, firefox.exe. Be sure to pay attention to the extension, should be “exe”! All shortcut files that have been modified by adware which cause undesired Thingsmakehappen.co pop-up advertisements to appear, usually point to .bat, .cmd or .url files instead of .exe as displayed in the following example
Another variant, an address has been added at the end of the line. In this case the Target field looks such as …Application\chrome.exe” http://site.address as shown below.
In order to fix the affected shortcut, you need to insert right path to the Target field or remove an address (if it has been added at the end). You can use the following information to fix your shortcuts that have been changed by ad supported software related to Thingsmakehappen.co pop up ads.
|Google Chrome||C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe|
|Mozilla Firefox||C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe|
|Internet Explorer||C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe|
|C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe|
|Opera||C:\Program Files (x86)\Opera\launcher.exe|
Once is finished, press OK to save changes. Repeat the step for all web browsers which are re-directed to the Thingsmakehappen.co unwanted webpage.
Remove Thingsmakehappen.co ads from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to delete the hijacker infections, malicious and ‘ad-supported’ extensions, as well as to restore the web browser’s newtab page, default search engine and home page that have been modified by ad-supported software which developed to reroute your web browser to various ad web pages such as Thingsmakehappen.co.
- First run the Google Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is done, your internet browser’s search provider, new tab page and startpage will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Thingsmakehappen.co from Mozilla Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
Resetting your Firefox is first troubleshooting step for any issues with your web-browser application, including the redirect to Thingsmakehappen.co webpage.
First, start the FF. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, press the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Delete Thingsmakehappen.co popup advertisements from Microsoft Internet Explorer
If you find that Internet Explorer internet browser settings like newtab, search provider by default and home page having been changed by adware that cause undesired Thingsmakehappen.co pop-ups to appear, then you may revert back your settings, via the reset browser procedure.
First, run the IE, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web browser, then click the “Internet Options” as displayed on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as shown on the image below.
When the procedure is finished, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your personal computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your internet browser’s search provider by default, startpage and newtab page to default state.
How to get rid of Thingsmakehappen.co pop up advertisements with free applications
Use malware removal utilities to remove Thingsmakehappen.co pop-up advertisements automatically. The free software tools specially designed for hijackers, adware and other potentially unwanted applications removal. These tools can get rid of most of adware from Internet Explorer, FF, Microsoft Edge and Chrome. Moreover, it can remove all components of adware from Windows registry and system drives.
Scan and free your internet browser of Thingsmakehappen.co pop up advertisements with Zemana Anti-malware
We advise you to use the Zemana Anti-malware that are completely clean your personal computer of ‘ad supported’ software responsible for redirecting your web-browser to Thingsmakehappen.co website. Moreover, the tool will allow you to delete PUPs, malware, toolbars and browser hijacker infections that your PC system can be infected too.
- Visit the page linked below to download Zemana AntiMalware. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: April 20, 2017
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the downloading process is done, please close all applications and open windows on your computer. Next, run a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Anti-Malware onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Free will launch and display the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the ‘ad supported’ software that developed to redirect your internet browser to various ad web pages such as Thingsmakehappen.co. This process may take some time, so please be patient. During the scan Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will look for threats exist on your computer.
- After the checking is done, Zemana Anti Malware will display a scan report.
- Once you’ve selected what you want to get rid of from your PC press the “Next” button. The tool will delete adware that redirects your internet browser to undesired Thingsmakehappen.co web site. After finished, you may be prompted to restart the machine.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Get rid of Thingsmakehappen.co ads and malicious extensions with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro is a free removal utility. It deletes potentially unwanted programs, ‘ad supported’ software, browser hijacker infections and unwanted web-browser plugins. It will find and remove adware that responsible for the appearance of Thingsmakehappen.co redirect. HitmanPro uses very small system resources and is a portable program. Moreover, HitmanPro does add another layer of malware protection.
Installing the Hitman Pro is simple. First you’ll need to download HitmanPro by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: December 8, 2017
After the downloading process is done, open the file location. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the Hitman Pro desktop icon. Once the utility is opened, you will see a screen as displayed on the screen below.
Further, press “Next” button to start scanning your machine for the adware that causes web-browsers to open unwanted Thingsmakehappen.co pop up ads. As the scanning ends, the results are displayed in the scan report like below.
In order to delete all threats, simply click “Next” button. It will show a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button.
Automatically remove Thingsmakehappen.co pop-up advertisements with Malwarebytes
Delete Thingsmakehappen.co redirect manually is difficult and often the ad supported software is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to run the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free program will help you to delete malicious software, PUPs, toolbars and hijacker infections that your system may be infected too.
- Visit the following page to download MalwareBytes. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 9, 2017
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will show the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the downloading process is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your PC system. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes will open and open the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button to start checking your computer for the ad-supported software that responsible for internet browser reroute to the intrusive Thingsmakehappen.co website. This process can take some time, so please be patient. When a malicious software, adware or PUPs are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- After MalwareBytes has finished scanning your PC system, MalwareBytes Free will display a list of all items found by the scan.
- In order to remove all items, simply click the “Quarantine Selected” button. After that process is done, you may be prompted to reboot the personal computer.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to block Thingsmakehappen.co ads
Use an ad-blocker utility like AdGuard will protect you from malicious advertisements and content. Moreover, you may find that the AdGuard have an option to protect your privacy and block phishing and spam sites. Additionally, ad-blocker apps will allow you to avoid undesired pop ups and unverified links that also a good way to stay safe online.
Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of AdGuard for Microsoft Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
After downloading it, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as on the image below.
Follow the prompts. When the install is finished, you will see a window as shown on the screen below.
You can press “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop ups, sites like Thingsmakehappen.co, as well as other harmful or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
Prevent Thingsmakehappen.co popups from installing
The ad-supported software most likely to occur during the setup of free applications due the fact that PUPs like this are usually hidden in the installer. Thus, if you’ve installed some freeware using Quick(Standard} method, you may have let the Thingsmakehappen.co ads get inside the web browser. Keep in mind that the Quick mode is unreliable because it do not warn about third-party programs. Thus, bundled software will be installed automatically unless you select Advanced/Custom mode and disable its installation.
Once you’ve done the instructions outlined above, your machine should be free from ad-supported software responsible for redirects to Thingsmakehappen.co and other malware. The Edge, Google Chrome, IE and Firefox will no longer reroute you to various unwanted web sites such as Thingsmakehappen.co. Unfortunately, if the step by step guidance does not help you, then you have caught a new ad-supported software, and then the best way – ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.