Have you become that the Mozilla Firefox, IE, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge are redirected to the previously unseen web site named the Chrome-tab.com? Then it’s a sign that your settings of web browsers replaced and a browser hijacker (sometimes called hijackware) was installed on your system. Follow the step by step tutorial below ASAP to remove Chrome-tab.com redirect and protect you from other hijackers and potentially undesired applications.
In order to force you to use Chrome-tab.com as often as possible this browser hijacker can change your internet browsers’ search provider. You may even find that your personal computer’s internet browser shortcuts and MS Windows HOSTS file are hijacked without your knowledge and conscious permission. The developers of this hijacker do so in order to generate money via Google AdSense or another third-party ad network. Thus every your click on advertisements which placed on the Chrome-tab.com generates money for them.
It is not a good idea to have an undesired program such as Chrome-tab.com browser hijacker on your PC. The reason for this is simple, it doing things you do not know about. The hijacker can collect a wide variety of user info about you that can be later used for marketing purposes. You do not know if your home address, account names and passwords are safe. And of course you completely don’t know what will happen when you click on any ads on the Chrome-tab.com web-page.
We suggest you to get rid of Chrome-tab.com redirect and clean your computer of browser hijacker ASAP, until the presence of the hijacker infection has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the guidance below that will allow you to completely remove Chrome-tab.com search, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free utilities.
How to remove Chrome-tab.com redirect
As with deleting ‘ad supported’ software, malware or PUPs, there are few steps you can do. We suggest trying them all. If you do only one part of the instructions, then it should be use malware removal tool, because it should delete hijacker infection and block any further infection. But to completely get rid of the Chrome-tab.com you’ll have to at least reset your web-browser settings such as search engine, startpage and new tab page to default state, disinfect internet browsers shortcuts, remove all unwanted and suspicious apps, and remove browser hijacker by malware removal tools. Certain of the steps below will require you to close this website. So, please read the few simple steps carefully, after that bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove Chrome-tab.com, follow the steps below:
- How to delete Chrome-tab.com redirect without any software
- Chrome-tab.com search automatic removal
- Block Chrome-tab.com and other undesired sites
- Why is my browser redirected to Chrome-tab.com?
- To sum up
How to delete Chrome-tab.com redirect without any software
The few simple steps will help you get rid of Chrome-tab.com redirect. These Chrome-tab.com removal steps work for the Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Firefox, as well as every version of Windows operating system.
Remove Chrome-tab.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
First, go to Windows Control Panel and delete questionable apps, all applications you do not remember installing. It is important to pay the most attention to software you installed just before Chrome-tab.com browser hijacker appeared on your browser. If you don’t know what a program does, look for the answer on the Internet.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as displayed in the figure below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel as displayed in the figure below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of applications installed on your PC. Most probably, one of them is the browser hijacker infection responsible for redirecting user searches to Chrome-tab.com. If you’ve many applications installed, you can help simplify the search of malicious apps by sort the list by date of installation. Once you have found a dubious, unwanted or unused program, right click to it, after that press ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Once the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to press ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ like below.
You will see a list of apps installed on your personal computer. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the applications that were installed last. Most likely, it is the hijacker infection responsible for redirecting user searches to Chrome-tab.com. If you are in doubt, you can always check the application by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. Once the application which you need to uninstall is found, simply click on its name, and then click ‘Uninstall’ as displayed on the screen below.
Remove Chrome-tab.com search from Chrome
Use the Reset web browser tool of the Chrome to reset all its settings like default search engine, startpage and newtab page to original defaults. This is a very useful utility to use, in the case of web-browser hijacks such as Chrome-tab.com.
- First, start the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset settings prompt as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Delete Chrome-tab.com from Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
Resetting your Firefox is good initial troubleshooting step for any issues with your browser application, including the redirect to Chrome-tab.com site.
Press the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as displayed on the image below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as on the image below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to revert back your FF web-browser settings to its original state.
Delete Chrome-tab.com search from Microsoft Internet Explorer
First, run the Internet Explorer. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as shown on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as displayed in the figure below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Chrome-tab.com search automatic removal
The easiest way to remove Chrome-tab.com hijacker is to run an anti malware program capable of detecting browser hijackers including Chrome-tab.com. We suggest try Zemana Anti-Malware or another free malware remover that listed below. It has excellent detection rate when it comes to ad-supported software, hijackers and other PUPs.
Automatically remove Chrome-tab.com home page with Zemana Anti-Malware
We advise you to use the Zemana Anti-Malware that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the utility will allow you to get rid of PUPs, malware, toolbars and ad supported software that your computer may be infected too.
Zemana Free can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
Once the download is finished, close all apps and windows on your PC system. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup as displayed below.
When the install starts, you will see the “Setup wizard” that will help you install Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) on your system.
Once setup is finished, you will see window as shown below.
Now click the “Scan” button . Zemana Free program will scan through the whole PC system for the browser hijacker related to Chrome-tab.com . A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC system. While the Zemana Anti-Malware application is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
After the scan get completed, Zemana will show a list of all items found by the scan. Review the scan results and then click “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will remove browser hijacker responsible for redirects to Chrome-tab.com.
Use HitmanPro to get rid of Chrome-tab.com
HitmanPro is a free removal utility which can check your personal computer for a wide range of security threats such as ‘ad supported’ software, malicious software, potentially unwanted programs as well as hijacker infection that causes internet browsers to display annoying Chrome-tab.com web site. It will perform a deep scan of your computer including hard drives and Microsoft Windows registry. After a malware is detected, it will help you to remove all found threats from your computer by a simple click.
- Please go to the link below to download the latest version of Hitman Pro for Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: December 8, 2017
- When the downloading process is done, start the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, press the “Next” . HitmanPro program will scan through the whole PC for the hijacker related to Chrome-tab.com redirect. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient. During the scan HitmanPro will scan for threats present on your PC.
- Once that process is finished, you can check all threats found on your PC. Once you have selected what you want to get rid of from your PC click “Next”. Now, press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to delete all malicious software found.
Scan and clean your PC system of browser hijacker with Malwarebytes
We suggest using the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your PC of the hijacker infection. The free utility is an advanced malicious software removal application made by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular anti-malware technology. It is able to help you remove hijackers, PUPs, malicious software, adware, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your machine for free.
- MalwareBytes can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 9, 2017
- When the downloading process is finished, close all apps and windows on your system. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click the “Scan Now” button to begin checking your PC system for the browser hijacker infection which made to redirect your web-browser to the Chrome-tab.com web page. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes Free application is scanning, you may see count of objects it has identified as threat.
- Once the checking is finished, you will be opened the list of all found threats on your PC. All detected threats will be marked. You can remove them all by simply press “Quarantine Selected”. When the process is done, you can be prompted to restart your computer.
The following video offers a guide on how to get rid of hijackers, ad supported software and other malicious software with MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM).
Block Chrome-tab.com and other undesired sites
It’s important to use ad-blocking applications like AdGuard to protect your machine from malicious web pages. Most security experts says that it is okay to stop advertisements. You should do so just to stay safe! And, of course, the AdGuard may to stop Chrome-tab.com and other undesired sites.
Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you’ll need to download AdGuard by clicking on the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
After the download is done, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as shown in the figure below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guide as on the image below.
Press “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop ads, Chrome-tab.com redirect, as well as other malicious or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that can be found on your desktop.
Why is my browser redirected to Chrome-tab.com?
To sum up
Now your computer should be free of the hijacker which developed to redirect your web-browser to the Chrome-tab.com website. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop ups and intrusive harmful websites) and Zemana Anti-Malware (to periodically scan your personal computer for new hijacker infections and other malware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Chrome-tab.com start page from the Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Edge, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.