If you find that the MS Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome web browser is started to open unwanted NIX Video Player pop-up ads offering install an questionable program then it could mean that an unwanted software from the adware (sometimes named ‘ad-supported’ software) family get installed on your PC system. The ‘ad supported’ software is a form of undesired software that created in order to display lots of pop-up advertisements without a user’s permission. Moreover, it can redirect the web-browser on malicious and misleading web-pages. Complete the guide below and clean your system from adware sooner. It will allow you to delete redirect to NIX Video Player website and other undesired ad sites.
It is not a good idea to have an undesired program like the adware responsible for redirects to NIX Video Player. The reason for this is simple, it doing things you do not know about. The worst is, the ad-supported software be able to collect a wide variety of your personal information which can be later sold to third party companies. You do not know if your home address, account names and passwords are safe. And of course you completely don’t know what will happen when you click on any NIX Video Player popup ads.
The malicious apps from the ad supported software family that changes the settings of internet browsers usually infects only the Firefox, Internet Explorer, MS Edge and Google Chrome. However, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. The ad supported software may change the Target property of a browser’s shortcut, so every time you start the web-browser, instead of your start page, you will see the unwanted NIX Video Player page.
The guidance below explaining steps to get rid of NIX Video Player ads problem. Feel free to use it for removal of the adware that may attack Internet Explorer, Chrome, MS Edge and Mozilla Firefox and other popular internet browsers. The steps will help you delete adware and thereby clean your web browser from all unwanted ads.
Remove NIX Video Player pop-up ads
The adware is a form of malware that you might have difficulty in removing it from your PC system. Thankfully, you’ve found the effective NIX Video Player pop-ups removal steps in this blog post. Both the manual removal solution and the automatic removal way will be provided below and you can just choose the one that best for you. If you’ve any questions or need assist then type a comment below. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to shut down your web browser or reboot your PC.
To remove NIX Video Player, execute the steps below:
- How to remove NIX Video Player pop ups without any software
- Uninstall potentially unwanted programs through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
- Fix web-browser shortcuts, changed by ‘ad supported’ software
- Remove NIX Video Player pop-up advertisements from IE
- Remove NIX Video Player pop ups from Google Chrome
- Delete NIX Video Player from Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
- Get rid of unwanted Scheduled Tasks
- Use free malware removal tools to completely remove NIX Video Player advertisements
- Block NIX Video Player ads and other annoying web pages
- How to avoid installation of NIX Video Player redirect
- To sum up
How to remove NIX Video Player pop ups without any software
Most common adware may be removed without any antivirus software. The manual ‘ad supported’ software removal is step by step instructions that will teach you how to delete the NIX Video Player pop-up advertisements.
Uninstall potentially unwanted programs through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and uninstall the application that causes the appearance of undesired advertisements or web-browser redirect, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel like below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will display a list of all programs installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and remove any suspicious and unknown software.
Fix web-browser shortcuts, changed by ‘ad supported’ software
Unfortunately, the adware that responsible for the appearance of NIX Video Player popup ads, can also hijack Windows shortcuts (mostly, your web browsers shortcuts), so that the NIX Video Player ad web site will be opened when you launch the Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and MS Edge or another internet browser.
Right click on the web browser’s shortcut file, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://site.address” which has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe.
To save changes, press OK . You need to clean all web-browser’s shortcut files. So, repeat this step for the Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Remove NIX Video Player pop-up advertisements from IE
By resetting Internet Explorer web-browser you restore your web browser settings to its default state. This is first when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by ad supported software which redirects your internet browser to annoying NIX Video Player web-page.
First, open the Microsoft Internet Explorer, press ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as displayed below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect. It will delete adware that causes multiple undesired advertisements, disable malicious and ad-supported browser’s extensions and restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings like newtab page, default search provider and homepage to default state.
Remove NIX Video Player pop ups from Google Chrome
If your Google Chrome internet browser is re-directed to unwanted NIX Video Player page, it may be necessary to completely reset your browser program to its default settings.
- First run the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed addons. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is finished, your web browser’s search provider by default, homepage and newtab will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Delete NIX Video Player from Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
The Firefox reset will keep your personal information such as bookmarks, passwords, web form auto-fill data, recover preferences and security settings, delete redirections to undesired NIX Video Player web site and adware.
First, run the Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, press the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button like below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Get rid of unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the adware can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you boot your system, it will show NIX Video Player intrusive web page. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all malicious tasks which have been created by adware.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard at the same time. It will open a dialog box which titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as on the image below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be display just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it’s a component of the malicious applications, then this task also should be removed.
Further press on it with the right mouse button and select Delete like below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by malicious applications. Once is complete, close the Task Scheduler window.
Use free malware removal tools to completely remove NIX Video Player advertisements
Manual removal is not always as effective as you might think. Often, even the most experienced users may not completely get rid of ad-supported software that causes lots of undesired NIX Video Player pop-up advertisements. So, we recommend to check your system for any remaining malicious components with free adware removal software below.
Automatically remove NIX Video Player pop ups with Zemana Anti-malware
We suggest using the Zemana Anti-malware that are completely clean your machine of the ad-supported software. The utility is an advanced malicious software removal program designed by (c) Zemana lab. It is able to help you remove potentially unwanted software, hijackers, malicious software, toolbars, ransomware and ad supported software that responsible for web-browser redirect to the annoying NIX Video Player webpage.
- Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: February 14, 2019
- Once downloading is complete, close all apps and windows on your PC system. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is finished, click the “Scan” button . Zemana program will scan through the whole computer for the adware responsible for redirecting your internet browser to NIX Video Player web site. Depending on your computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. During the scan Zemana Free will search for threats present on your PC system.
- Once Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) completes the scan, a list of all items detected is produced. In order to remove all threats, simply press “Next”. After disinfection is complete, you may be prompted to restart your system.
Scan your system and delete NIX Video Player pop-ups with Hitman Pro
Hitman Pro is a portable utility which searches for and uninstalls unwanted applications like browser hijacker infections, ad-supported software, toolbars, other web-browser extensions and other malware. It scans your computer for ad-supported software that cause undesired NIX Video Player advertisements to appear and produces a list of threats marked for removal. HitmanPro will only erase those unwanted apps that you wish to be removed.
Please go to the link below to download HitmanPro. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Once downloading is finished, open the file location and double-click the Hitman Pro icon. It will launch the HitmanPro tool. If the User Account Control prompt will ask you want to start the program, press Yes button to continue.
Next, click “Next” for checking your PC system for the adware which redirects your browser to intrusive NIX Video Player web page. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the HitmanPro tool is scanning, you may see how many objects it has identified as being affected by malware.
After the scan is finished, HitmanPro will display you the results as displayed on the screen below.
Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click “Next” button. It will show a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button. The HitmanPro will remove adware that causes web-browsers to open unwanted NIX Video Player pop ups and add items to the Quarantine. Once that process is done, the utility may ask you to reboot your system.
How to automatically get rid of NIX Video Player with Malwarebytes
We recommend using the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your computer of the adware. The free tool is an advanced malware removal program developed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This application uses the world’s most popular anti-malware technology. It is able to help you remove intrusive NIX Video Player ads from your web browsers, PUPs, malware, browser hijackers, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your personal computer for free.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) for Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will show the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When downloading is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your personal computer. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Free onto your system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes AntiMalware will run and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Free program will scan through the whole computer for the adware related to NIX Video Player popups. While the MalwareBytes Free is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malware.
- Once that process is complete, MalwareBytes will open a list of all items detected by the scan.
- Review the scan results and then click the “Quarantine Selected” button. Once the procedure is complete, you may be prompted to reboot the machine.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Block NIX Video Player ads and other annoying web pages
It is also critical to protect your web-browsers from harmful web-sites and advertisements by using an ad blocking program like AdGuard. Security experts says that it’ll greatly reduce the risk of malicious software, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard can also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you’ll need to download AdGuard by clicking on the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown in the figure below.
Follow the prompts. After the installation is complete, you will see a window as shown on the image below.
You can click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will run automatically and stop pop-up ads, websites such as NIX Video Player, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that can be found on your desktop.
How to avoid installation of NIX Video Player redirect
Many software developed to open a large count of undesired advertisements within your computer’s web-browser. So, when you installing free programs, carefully read the disclaimers, choose the Custom or Advanced installation method to watch for third-party software that are being installed, because some of the software are PUPs like this adware related to NIX Video Player redirect.
To sum up
Now your computer should be clean of the ad supported software related to NIX Video Player pop ups. We suggest that you keep Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your machine for new adwares and other malicious software) and AdGuard (to help you stop annoying advertisements and harmful web-sites). Moreover, to prevent any adware, please stay clear of unknown and third party apps, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to detect PUPs.
If you need more help with NIX Video Player advertisements related issues, go to our Spyware/Malware removal forum.