The Your Radio is an intrusive web page that installed as your startpage with the help of hijacker. Once started, it’ll alter certain settings of installed internet browsers. So, every time when you launch the Google Chrome, MS Edge, Firefox and Internet Explorer, it will always be forced to show Your Radio web-site, even as your homepage has been set to a completely different webpage. On current date, this browser hijacker continues to increase the number of computers that have been affected.
As mentioned above, the Your Radio browser hijacker also alters the web-browser’s search provider. So, your internet browser, when searching something, will show a hodgepodge of ads, links to unwanted and ad web-sites and search results from the big search engines such as Google or Bing. As a result, actual use of a browser’s search becomes uncomfortable. Moreover, it can also lead to slowing or even freeze your browser.
The Your Radio hijacker infection is not a virus, but the virus behaves similarly. As a rootkit hides in the system, makes changes to some settings of installed browsers, and blocks them from changing. Also this hijacker infection can install additional browser extensions and modules that will show ads and popups. And finally, the Your Radio browser hijacker can be used to collect a wide variety of your personal info like what webpages you’re opening, what you are looking for the World Wide Web and so on. This information, in the future, can be used for marketing purposes.
So, it’s very important to free your personal computer of browser hijacker as soon as possible. The step by step guidance, which is shown below, will allow you to get rid of Your Radio start page from the IE, Firefox, Chrome and Edge and other web-browsers.
How to remove Your Radio from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
Fortunately, we have an effective way that will assist you manually or/and automatically remove Your Radio from your PC system and bring your web-browser settings, including search engine, homepage and new tab page, back to normal. Below you will find a removal guide with all the steps you may need to successfully delete this browser hijacker and its components. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your web browser or restart your computer.
To remove Your Radio, use the following steps:
- How to manually get rid of Your Radio
- How to automatically remove Your Radio hijacker infection
- Stop Your Radio redirect and other annoying web-sites
- How does your machine get infected with Your Radio hijacker
- To sum up
How to manually get rid of Your Radio
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually get rid of Your Radio search from the Microsoft Internet Explorer, Edge, Firefox and Chrome.
Uninstall potentially unwanted software using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
Check out the MS Windows Control Panel (Programs and Features section) to see all installed programs. We suggest to click on the “Date Installed” in order to sort the list of applications by the date you installed them. If you see any unknown and dubious applications, they are the ones you need to remove.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all programs installed on your PC. Scroll through the all list, and remove any questionable and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort apps by date in the Control panel.
Remove Your Radio from Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
If the Firefox settings such as home page, search engine by default and new tab page have been changed by the browser hijacker, then resetting it to the default state can help.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and press the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as displayed on the screen below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed on the screen below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to return your Firefox web-browser settings to its original state.
Remove Your Radio startpage from Chrome
If your Chrome internet browser is redirected to intrusive Your Radio web-page, it may be necessary to completely reset your browser application to its default settings.
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Google Chrome main menu again, press to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as on the image below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Reset” button.
Get rid of Your Radio home page from Internet Explorer
In order to restore all internet browser new tab page, search provider and startpage you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the Microsoft Windows was installed on your system.
First, launch the IE, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then click the “Internet Options” as displayed in the following example.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The IE will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button like below.
When the process is finished, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your personal computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s startpage, default search engine and new tab page to default state.
How to automatically remove Your Radio hijacker infection
The browser hijacker can hide its components which are difficult for you to find out and remove completely. This can lead to the fact that after some time, the hijacker again infect your machine and alter certain settings of installed web browsers to Your Radio. Moreover, I want to note that it’s not always safe to delete hijacker infection manually, if you do not have much experience in setting up and configuring the MS Windows operating system. The best way to detect and remove browser hijackers is to use free malware removal software.
Scan and free your system of Your Radio with Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM)
We suggest using the Zemana Free which are completely clean your machine of the hijacker. The utility is an advanced malware removal application designed by (c) Zemana lab. It is able to help you get rid of potentially unwanted software, browser hijackers, ad supported software, malware, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your system for free.
- Download Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) from the following link. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: February 14, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the download is complete, please close all applications and open windows on your computer. Next, launch a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) onto your PC. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will launch and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button for checking your system for the browser hijacker infection responsible for redirecting your browser to Your Radio web-site. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your PC and the speed of your PC system. While the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) program is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- After the scan get completed, Zemana Free will show a scan report.
- All detected items will be marked. You can get rid of them all by simply click the “Next” button. The utility will remove browser hijacker responsible for changing your browser settings to Your Radio. After finished, you may be prompted to restart the PC.
- Close the Zemana Free and continue with the next step.
Remove Your Radio browser hijacker and malicious extensions with HitmanPro
HitmanPro is a free removal utility. It removes PUPs, ad supported software, browser hijacker infections and unwanted web browser extensions. It will detect and delete browser hijacker responsible for redirecting user searches to Your Radio. HitmanPro uses very small personal computer resources and is a portable program. Moreover, Hitman Pro does add another layer of malware protection.
- Download Hitman Pro on your Windows Desktop by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the download is complete, start the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, click the “Next” to perform a system scan with this utility for the hijacker which designed to redirect your web-browser to the Your Radio web-site. A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your computer and the speed of your computer. When a malware, ‘ad supported’ software or PUPs are detected, the count of the security threats will change accordingly.
- When Hitman Pro completes the scan, Hitman Pro will show a scan report. When you are ready, click “Next”. Now, press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Automatically delete Your Radio redirect with Malwarebytes
You can remove Your Radio home page automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We suggest this free malicious software removal tool because it can easily delete browser hijacker infections, adware, potentially unwanted applications and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- Visit the following page to download MalwareBytes. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
- Once the downloading process is done, close all apps and windows on your personal computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is done, press the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the browser hijacker infection that responsible for browser reroute to the undesired Your Radio webpage. Depending on your personal computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a threat is found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- After the scan get finished, MalwareBytes will display a screen that contains a list of malware that has been detected. Next, you need to click “Quarantine Selected”. When the clean-up is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your computer.
The following video offers a steps on how to get rid of hijackers, adware and other malicious software with MalwareBytes Free.
Stop Your Radio redirect and other annoying web-sites
Run ad blocking application like AdGuard in order to block advertisements, malvertisements, pop-ups and online trackers, avoid having to install harmful and adware browser plug-ins and add-ons which affect your machine performance and impact your machine security. Surf the World Wide Web anonymously and stay safe online!
Please go to the link below to download AdGuard. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as displayed in the following example.
Follow the prompts. Once the installation is finished, you will see a window like below.
You can click “Skip” to close the install application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and block popup advertisements, Your Radio redirect, as well as other harmful or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which can be found on your desktop.
How does your machine get infected with Your Radio hijacker
The hijacker which cause Your Radio webpage to appear, can be categorized as potentially unwanted application (PUA) which mostly comes on the computer with other free programs. Most commonly, this undesired application comes without the user’s knowledge. Therefore, many users aren’t even aware that their PC has been hijacked with malware. Please follow the easy rules in order to protect your personal computer from any unwanted programs: don’t install any suspicious apps, read the user agreement and choose only the Custom, Manual or Advanced installation method, don’t rush to click the Next button. Also, always try to find a review of the program on the Net. Be careful and attentive! If Your Radio home page has already come into your computer, then you need to scan your PC for browser hijacker and other malicious software. Use our detailed few simple steps that are listed above.
To sum up
After completing the tutorial shown above, your machine should be clean from browser hijacker that causes web browsers to show undesired Your Radio web page and other malware. The Microsoft Internet Explorer, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Edge will no longer display annoying Your Radio webpage on startup. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new hijacker infection, and then the best way – ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.