The Search.tapufind.com is an undesired site that can be set as your startpage and search provider by a potentially unwanted application (PUA) from the hijacker family. Most often, the undesired program installs on the machine in abundle with free programs that you downloaded and installed from the Internet. Once it gets inside your web browser, it will change some browser’s homepage, default search provider and new tab page to Search.tapufind.com. The Search.tapufind.com is developed in order to reroute user’s browser and show lots of intrusive ads and sponsored links from AdSense or another third-party vendors in your search results.
Besides the fact that Search.tapufind.com hijacker changes your startpage, this annoying web page can set yourself as your search engine. But, obviously, it does not give you a good search results, as they will consist of lots of advertisements, links to undesired and ad web sites and only the remaining part is search results for your query from the major search providers. Of course, the very fact that you encounter with the inability to properly search the World Wide Web, is an unpleasant moment. Moreover, the Search.tapufind.com hijacker can collect your user data. This user data, in the future, can be sold to third parties. What creates the risk of theft of confidential information about you.
The Search.tapufind.com browser hijacker is not a virus, but the virus behaves similarly. As a rootkit hides in the system, makes changes to settings of installed internet browsers, and blocks them from changing. Also this hijacker may install additional browser plugins and modules that will open ads and pop-ups. And finally, the Search.tapufind.com hijacker be able to collect lots of user info about you such as what pages you are opening, what you are looking for the World Wide Web and so on. This information, in the future, can be sold to third parties.
In addition to that, as was mentioned earlier, certain browser hijackers like Search.tapufind.com to also alter all browsers shortcuts which located on your Desktop or Start menu. So, every infected shortcut will try to redirect your browser to intrusive web-pages, certain of which might be harmful. It can make the whole personal computer more vulnerable to hacker attacks.
In order to remove hijacker infection that responsible for web browser reroute to the intrusive Search.tapufind.com web site from your system, clean the infected web browsers and return the Firefox, Google Chrome, MS Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer settings to its default state, please use the Search.tapufind.com removal instructions below.
How to remove Search.tapufind.com from Google Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
The following steps will help you to get rid of Search.tapufind.com home page from the FF, IE, Edge and Chrome. Moreover, the tutorial below will help you to remove malicious software such as potentially unwanted applications, adware and toolbars that your personal computer may be infected. Please do the guide step by step. If you need assist or have any questions, then ask for our assistance or type a comment below. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your web-browser or reboot your computer.
To remove Search.tapufind.com, execute the following steps:
- How to remove Search.tapufind.com search without any software
- Uninstall PUPs through the MS Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the web-browser’s shortcuts to delete Search.tapufind.com home page
- Remove Search.tapufind.com search from IE
- Remove Search.tapufind.com start page from Google Chrome
- Remove Search.tapufind.com from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
- Search.tapufind.com start page automatic removal
- How to block Search.tapufind.com redirect
- Do not know how your web-browser has been hijacked by Search.tapufind.com hijacker infection?
- Finish words
How to remove Search.tapufind.com search without any software
Most common browser hijackers may be removed without any antivirus programs. The manual browser hijacker infection removal is step by step instructions that will teach you how to get rid of the Search.tapufind.com .
Uninstall PUPs through the MS Windows Control Panel
First method for manual hijacker infection removal is to go into the Microsoft Windows “Control Panel”, then “Uninstall a program” console. Take a look at the list of apps on your personal computer and see if there are any questionable and unknown software. If you see any, you need to uninstall them. Of course, before doing so, you can do an Web search to find details on the program. If it is a potentially unwanted program, ad supported software or malware, you will likely find information that says so.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will show the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, press “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will show a list of all software installed on the system.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed apps, we recommend sort apps by date.
See more details in the video tutorial below.
Disinfect the web-browser’s shortcuts to delete Search.tapufind.com home page
When the browser hijacker is started, it can also alter the browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument such as “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you launch the browser, it will open an unwanted web-page.
Open the properties of the web-browser shortcut. Right click on the shortcut file of infected internet browser and choose the “Properties” option and it’ll open the properties of the shortcut file. Next, choose the “Shortcut” tab and have a look at the Target field as on the image below.
Normally, if the last word in the Target field is chrome.exe, iexplore.exe, firefox.exe. Be sure to pay attention to the extension, should be “exe”! All shortcuts that have been altered by browser hijacker that cause Search.tapufind.com web-site to appear, usually point to .bat, .cmd or .url files instead of .exe as displayed in the following example
Another variant, an address has been added at the end of the line. In this case the Target field looks such as …Application\chrome.exe” http://site.address like below.
In order to fix the infected shortcut file, you need to insert right path to the Target field or remove an address (if it has been added at the end). You can use the following information to fix your shortcut files that have been modified by browser hijacker related to Search.tapufind.com start page.
|Google Chrome||C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe|
|Mozilla Firefox||C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe|
|IE||C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe|
|C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe|
|Opera||C:\Program Files (x86)\Opera\launcher.exe|
Once is finished, click OK to save changes. Repeat the step for all web browsers which are rerouted to the Search.tapufind.com annoying web-page.
Remove Search.tapufind.com search from IE
First, run the IE. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect.
Remove Search.tapufind.com start page from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a easy way to remove the hijacker infection, harmful and ‘ad-supported’ extensions, as well as to restore the web-browser’s homepage, search provider by default and new tab page that have been modified by Search.tapufind.com hijacker infection.
- First launch the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is finished, your internet browser’s default search provider, startpage and new tab will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove Search.tapufind.com from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and press the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as displayed on the screen below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the screen below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to restore your Firefox internet browser settings to its original state.
Search.tapufind.com start page automatic removal
Manual removal is not always as effective as you might think. Often, even the most experienced users can not completely delete hijacker infection from the infected machine. So, we suggest to scan your personal computer for any remaining malicious components with free hijacker infection removal software below.
Automatically delete Search.tapufind.com with Zemana Free
You can get rid of Search.tapufind.com automatically with a help of Zemana Free. We recommend this malware removal utility because it may easily get rid of hijackers, potentially unwanted software, ‘ad supported’ software and toolbars with all their components such as folders, files and registry entries.
Please go to the link below to download Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM). Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
After downloading is complete, close all applications and windows on your PC system. Double-click the install file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as displayed in the following example, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” which will help you install Zemana on your personal computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once install is finished successfully, Zemana will automatically start and you can see its main screen as shown on the image below.
Now press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the hijacker infection which cause a redirect to Search.tapufind.com page. Depending on your machine, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a malware, adware or potentially unwanted software are detected, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is complete.
After Zemana Free has completed scanning, a list of all items found is produced. Review the scan results and then press “Next” button. The Zemana will begin to remove hijacker responsible for redirects to Search.tapufind.com. When disinfection is complete, you may be prompted to restart the machine.
Remove Search.tapufind.com hijacker infection and malicious extensions with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro will help remove hijacker that responsible for web browser redirect to the unwanted Search.tapufind.com page that slow down your system. The browser hijackers, ‘ad supported’ software and other potentially unwanted apps slow your web-browser down and try to force you into clicking on malicious ads and links. Hitman Pro removes the browser hijacker and lets you enjoy your system without Search.tapufind.com .
Download Hitman Pro by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and use HitmanPro on your system. Once started, click “Next” button for checking your personal computer for the browser hijacker that responsible for internet browser redirect to the undesired Search.tapufind.com web-page. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient. While the utility is checking, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned..
As the scanning ends, HitmanPro will show a screen which contains a list of malware that has been found.
Next, you need to click Next button.
It will open a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
How to remove Search.tapufind.com with Malwarebytes
You can remove Search.tapufind.com start page automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We recommend this free malware removal tool because it may easily get rid of browser hijacker infections, adware, potentially unwanted software and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- Click the link below to download MalwareBytes AntiMalware. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- Once the download is finished, close all programs and windows on your system. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Free utility will start scanning the whole computer to find out hijacker that cause a reroute to Search.tapufind.com web-site. This process may take quite a while, so please be patient. When a malicious software, adware or PUPs are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is done.
- After MalwareBytes Free completes the scan, a list of all items detected is prepared. Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click “Quarantine Selected”. When that process is done, you can be prompted to restart your machine.
The following video offers a step by step instructions on how to remove hijackers, adware and other malware with MalwareBytes.
How to block Search.tapufind.com redirect
In order to increase your security and protect your computer against new unwanted ads and harmful sites, you need to use ad blocker application that stops an access to harmful ads and web-pages. Moreover, the program can stop the display of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of web-pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard on your MS Windows Desktop from the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
- After the download is done, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is complete, click “Skip” to close the install application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop popup ads, Search.tapufind.com redirect, as well as other malicious or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that may be found on your desktop.
Do not know how your web-browser has been hijacked by Search.tapufind.com hijacker infection?
After completing the tutorial outlined above, your computer should be clean from this hijacker and other malicious software. The Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and MS Edge will no longer display annoying Search.tapufind.com web page on startup. Unfortunately, if the guide does not help you, then you have caught a new browser hijacker infection, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying Search.tapufind.com homepage.