Probably you are one of those people, who are facing Search.searchtuner.com and its unwanted changes to internet browser settings, may think that there is something wrong with your machine. The constant start page and search provider redirects may cause the difficulty of surfing the World Wide Web. Your attempts to restore your favorite web-browser’s home page, newtab page and default search engine are commonly in vain because returning the Google Chrome, IE, MS Edge and FF settings to default states becomes impossible unless you fully delete Search.searchtuner.com hijacker from your system.
When you are performing searches using the browser that has been affected by Search.searchtuner.com, the search results will be returned from Bing, Yahoo or Google Custom Search. The authors of Search.searchtuner.com browser hijacker infection are most likely doing this to earn advertisement revenue from the ads shown in the search results.
While redirecting, your internet browser’s status bar may show the following messages: ‘Waiting for Search.searchtuner.com’, ‘Transferring data from Search.searchtuner.com’, ‘Looking up Search.searchtuner.com’, ‘Read Search.searchtuner.com’, ‘Connected to Search.searchtuner.com’.
The browser hijacker like Search.searchtuner.com often change all internet browser shortcuts that located on your Desktop to force you visit various unwanted web pages and open annoying popups. As a result, your browser can still redirect you to an intrusive web site despite your web browser is actually clean of browser hijacker.
We recommend you to remove Search.searchtuner.com and free your computer of browser hijacker sooner, until the presence of the hijacker has not led to even worse consequences. You need to perform the step-by-step tutorial below that will help you to completely get rid of Search.searchtuner.com startpage, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free utilities.
How to remove Search.searchtuner.com from computer
Most commonly browser hijackers requires more than a simple uninstall with the help of Microsoft Windows Control panel in order to be fully uninstalled. For that reason, our team designed several removal solutions that we have summarized in a detailed guidance. Therefore, if you have the unwanted Search.searchtuner.com browser hijacker infection on your machine and are currently trying to have it deleted then feel free to follow the guidance below in order to resolve your problem. Some of the steps below will require you to close this web site. So, please read the step-by-step instructions carefully, after that bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove Search.searchtuner.com, perform the steps below:
- Delete Search.searchtuner.com search without any utilities
- Delete Search.searchtuner.com related programs through the Control Panel of your personal computer
- Get rid of Search.searchtuner.com redirect from FF
- Delete Search.searchtuner.com startpage from Google Chrome
- Remove Search.searchtuner.com from Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Disinfect the web-browser’s shortcuts to delete Search.searchtuner.com search
- Use free malware removal tools to completely remove Search.searchtuner.com
- Use AdBlocker to stop Search.searchtuner.com and stay safe online
- Why is my browser redirected to Search.searchtuner.com?
- To sum up
Delete Search.searchtuner.com search without any utilities
The useful removal tutorial for the Search.searchtuner.com . The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to remove Search.searchtuner.com start page let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
Delete Search.searchtuner.com related programs through the Control Panel of your personal computer
In order to delete Search.searchtuner.com, first thing you need to do is to delete unknown and suspicious programs from your computer using Microsoft Windows control panel. When deleting this browser hijacker, check the list of installed apps and try to find questionable programs and remove them all. Pay special attention to recently installed software, as it’s most probably that the Search.searchtuner.com hijacker сame along with it.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Windows logo, and then press Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as shown in the figure below.
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown in the figure below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and select the ‘Control Panel’ at right as displayed below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (MS Windows 7 or Vista) as on the image below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed apps and remove all questionable and unknown programs. We recommend to press ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed applications by date. When you have found anything questionable that may be the browser hijacker responsible for redirecting user searches to Search.searchtuner.com or other potentially unwanted application (PUA), then select this program and press ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the questionable application blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to completely delete it from your PC system.
Get rid of Search.searchtuner.com redirect from FF
Resetting your Firefox is first troubleshooting step for any issues with your internet browser program, including the redirect to Search.searchtuner.com site.
Start the Firefox and press the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the web browser screen. Next, press the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will display the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed on the image below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The Firefox will begin a process to fix your problems that caused by the browser hijacker that causes internet browsers to display annoying Search.searchtuner.com web-site. Once, it is done, click the “Finish” button.
Delete Search.searchtuner.com startpage from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the hijacker, malicious and adware extensions, as well as to restore the web browser’s home page, new tab and search engine that have been replaced by hijacker.
- First run the Google Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is finished, your browser’s new tab, homepage and search engine by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Search.searchtuner.com from Microsoft Internet Explorer
The Microsoft Internet Explorer reset is great if your internet browser is hijacked or you have unwanted addons or toolbars on your web browser, which installed by a malicious software.
First, start the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then click the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as on the image below.
When the task is done, press “Close” button. Close the Microsoft Internet Explorer and restart your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s start page, search engine by default and new tab page to default state.
Disinfect the web-browser’s shortcuts to delete Search.searchtuner.com search
When the hijacker is started, it can also modify the web browser’s shortcut files, adding an argument similar to “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you run the internet browser, it will open an annoying site.
Right click to a desktop shortcut file for your hijacked browser. Choose the “Properties” option. It’ll open the Properties window. Select the “Shortcut” tab here, after that, look at the “Target” field. The hijacker infection that modifies web browser settings to replace your newtab, start page and default search engine with Search.searchtuner.com web site can replace it. If you are seeing something like “…exe http://site.address” then you need to remove “http…” and leave only, depending on the web browser you are using:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
Look at the example like below.
Once is finished, click the “OK” button to save the changes. Please repeat this step for internet browser shortcut files which reroutes to an annoying web sites. When you’ve completed, go to next step.
Use free malware removal tools to completely remove Search.searchtuner.com
Manual removal is not always as effective as you might think. Often, even the most experienced users can not completely remove browser hijacker from the infected system. So, we recommend to scan your system for any remaining malicious components with free hijacker infection removal software below.
Automatically remove Search.searchtuner.com startpage with Zemana
Zemana highly recommended, because it can search for security threats such adware and hijacker infections which most ‘classic’ antivirus applications fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any Search.searchtuner.com browser hijacker removal problems which cannot be fixed by this tool automatically, then Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
Visit the page linked below to download Zemana Anti Malware. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
After the download is done, start it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Zemana Free will try to update itself and when this procedure is complete, click the “Scan” button . Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) tool will begin scanning the whole personal computer to find out browser hijacker infection responsible for Search.searchtuner.com redirect.
This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. When a malware, adware or PUPs are detected, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is done. Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and press “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti-Malware will start to remove hijacker responsible for redirecting user searches to Search.searchtuner.com.
Remove Search.searchtuner.com browser hijacker and malicious extensions with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro cleans your system from adware, potentially unwanted programs, unwanted toolbars, web-browser addons and other unwanted programs like hijacker which alters web browser settings to replace your home page, search provider by default and new tab page with Search.searchtuner.com web site. The free removal tool will help you enjoy your computer to its fullest. Hitman Pro uses advanced behavioral detection technologies to search for if there are undesired applications in your PC system. You can review the scan results, and select the threats you want to delete.
Download Hitman Pro on your PC by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
After the download is finished, open the folder in which you saved it. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the HitmanPro desktop icon. After the tool is opened, you will see a screen as shown below.
Further, click “Next” button . Hitman Pro tool will start scanning the whole personal computer to find out hijacker responsible for redirecting your internet browser to Search.searchtuner.com web site. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. Once finished, you can check all threats detected on your computer as on the image below.
All detected threats will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click “Next” button. It will display a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button.
How to automatically delete Search.searchtuner.com with Malwarebytes
We recommend using the Malwarebytes Free. You can download and install Malwarebytes to detect and remove Search.searchtuner.com redirect from your system. When installed and updated, the free malware remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on the PC system.
- Installing the MalwareBytes is simple. First you’ll need to download MalwareBytes AntiMalware by clicking on the following link. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the download is finished, please close all software and open windows on your personal computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Free onto your PC system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will launch and display the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button to scan for hijacker that made to reroute your internet browser to the Search.searchtuner.com web-site. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. When a malware, ad-supported software or PUPs are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- When that process is done, you may check all items found on your system.
- Review the report and then click the “Quarantine Selected” button. Once finished, you may be prompted to reboot the personal computer.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Use AdBlocker to stop Search.searchtuner.com and stay safe online
The AdGuard is a very good ad blocking program for the IE, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and MS Edge, with active user support. It does a great job by removing certain types of unwanted advertisements, popunders, pop ups, unwanted newtab pages, and even full page advertisements and web site overlay layers. Of course, the AdGuard can stop the Search.searchtuner.com automatically or by using a custom filter rule.
- Download AdGuard by clicking on the following link. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
- After downloading is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the install is finished, click “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block ads, web-sites such as Search.searchtuner.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Why is my browser redirected to Search.searchtuner.com?
To sum up
Now your personal computer should be clean of the browser hijacker that responsible for browser redirect to the intrusive Search.searchtuner.com page. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted advertisements and intrusive malicious pages) and Zemana Anti-Malware (to periodically scan your PC for new malware, browser hijackers and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for MS Windows operating system. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new hijackers, harmful apps and ad-supported software are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Search.searchtuner.com startpage from your web browser, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.