If your Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge internet browser startpage have replaced to The Reading Hub somehow, and you have tried to return your home page and search engine from web-browser settings, but it didn’t help, then you need to know that your browser has become the victim of the malicious software from the browser hijacker family. The browser hijacker infection is an one type of undesired programs which can impose changes to web-browsers settings without your’s permission, to reroute you into undesired sites. The browser hijacker commonly change the Microsoft Edge, Chrome, FF and Microsoft Internet Explorer current new tab page, search provider and start page with its own.
In addition, the The Reading Hub browser hijacker infection can also modify the search engine selected in the internet browser. When you try to search on the affected web browser, you’ll be presented with search results, consisting of advertisements and Google (or Yahoo, or Bing) search results for your query. Among these search results may occur links that lead to unwanted and ad web-pages.
As well as unwanted browser redirections to The Reading Hub, the hijacker can collect your Internet browsing activity by saving URLs visited, IP addresses, internet browser version and type, cookie information, Internet Service Provider (ISP) and pages visited. Such kind of behavior can lead to serious security problems or user info theft. This is another reason why the browser hijacker that redirects the web-browser to The Reading Hub, is categorized as potentially unwanted application (PUA).
We strongly advise you to complete the step by step tutorial which follow below. We will show you how to delete hijacker and thus remove The Reading Hub home page from your FF, Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer forever.
How to remove The Reading Hub
Even if you have the up-to-date classic antivirus installed, and you’ve checked your computer for malware and removed anything found, you need to do the instructions below. The The Reading Hub browser hijacker removal is not simple as installing another antivirus. Classic antivirus apps are not developed to run together and will conflict with each other, or possibly crash Windows. Instead we advise complete the manual steps below after that use Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM), MalwareBytes or Hitman Pro, which are free software dedicated to find out and remove malware such as The Reading Hub browser hijacker. Run these tools to ensure the hijacker infection is removed.
To remove The Reading Hub, execute the following steps:
- How to delete The Reading Hub redirect without any software
- Use free malware removal utilities to completely remove The Reading Hub home page
- Use AdBlocker to block The Reading Hub and stay safe online
- How to avoid installation of The Reading Hub browser hijacker
- Finish words
How to delete The Reading Hub redirect without any software
Steps to remove The Reading Hub hijacker without any applications are presented below. Be sure to carry out the step-by-step tutorial completely to fully remove this intrusive The Reading Hub .
Delete The Reading Hub related apps through the Control Panel of your system
It is of primary importance to first identify and delete all PUPs, adware apps and hijackers through ‘Add/Remove Programs’ (Windows XP) or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 10, 8, 7) section of your Microsoft Windows Control Panel.
Press Windows button , then press Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will show the Windows Control Panel like below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will display a list of all software installed on your system. Scroll through the all list, and delete any dubious and unknown applications.
Delete The Reading Hub from IE
The IE reset is great if your web-browser is hijacked or you’ve unwanted extensions or toolbars on your internet browser, which installed by a malware.
First, open the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, press “Internet Options” as displayed on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your PC for the changes to take effect. It will get rid of browser hijacker responsible for redirections to The Reading Hub, disable malicious and ad-supported internet browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings like startpage, newtab and search provider to default state.
Remove The Reading Hub from Firefox by resetting web browser settings
If your FF web browser start page has changed to The Reading Hub without your permission or an unknown search engine displays results for your search, then it may be time to perform the browser reset.
Launch the FF and press the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the internet browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will show the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as on the image below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The FF will start a process to fix your problems that caused by the browser hijacker which made to reroute your web browser to the The Reading Hub web-page. Once, it is done, click the “Finish” button.
Remove The Reading Hub search from Chrome
Like other modern web browsers, the Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thereby recover the internet browser search provider by default, new tab page and start page that have been replaced by the The Reading Hub hijacker infection.
- First, run the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset settings prompt as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Use free malware removal utilities to completely remove The Reading Hub home page
If you’re not expert at computer technology, then we suggest to run free removal tools listed below to get rid of The Reading Hub for good. The automatic method is highly recommended. It has less steps and easier to implement than the manual way. Moreover, it lower risk of system damage. So, the automatic The Reading Hub removal is a better option.
Get rid of The Reading Hub homepage with Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM)
Zemana Free highly recommended, because it can scan for security threats such adware and hijackers which most ‘classic’ antivirus programs fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any The Reading Hub browser hijacker removal problems which cannot be fixed by this utility automatically, then Zemana Free provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
Installing the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) is simple. First you will need to download Zemana AntiMalware by clicking on the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: April 20, 2017
Once the download is finished, start it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Zemana Anti-Malware will try to update itself and when this process is complete, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the hijacker which cause The Reading Hub web-site to appear.
When a threat is detected, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is finished. Review the scan results and then press “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti-Malware will get rid of hijacker that cause a reroute to The Reading Hub web site.
Use HitmanPro to get rid of The Reading Hub from the computer
Hitman Pro frees your system from ‘ad supported’ software, potentially unwanted applications, unwanted toolbars, web browser plugins and other unwanted apps like browser hijacker responsible for redirects to The Reading Hub. The free removal utility will help you enjoy your personal computer to its fullest. HitmanPro uses advanced behavioral detection technologies to detect if there are unwanted apps in your machine. You can review the scan results, and select the threats you want to erase.
Please go to the following link to download HitmanPro. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: December 8, 2017
Once the download is done, open the folder in which you saved it and double-click the Hitman Pro icon. It will start the HitmanPro tool. If the User Account Control prompt will ask you want to open the program, press Yes button to continue.
Next, click “Next” for scanning your personal computer for the browser hijacker responsible for The Reading Hub . While the utility is checking, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
After finished, a list of all threats detected is created as on the image below.
When you are ready, click “Next” button. It will display a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button. The HitmanPro will start to remove The Reading Hub hijacker and other browser’s harmful addons. Once disinfection is finished, the tool may ask you to reboot your PC.
Run Malwarebytes to delete The Reading Hub redirect
Remove The Reading Hub hijacker infection manually is difficult and often the hijacker is not completely removed. Therefore, we suggest you to run the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your personal computer. Moreover, the free application will help you to remove malware, potentially unwanted programs, toolbars and adware that your machine can be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes on your MS Windows Desktop from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 9, 2017
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the downloading process is complete, please close all applications and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes onto your PC system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) will run and display the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button for scanning your computer for the hijacker that redirects your web-browser to unwanted The Reading Hub web site. Depending on your personal computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour.
- Once the system scan is complete, MalwareBytes will open a scan report.
- All detected threats will be marked. You can get rid of them all by simply press the “Quarantine Selected” button. Once the cleaning procedure is finished, you may be prompted to restart the personal computer.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Use AdBlocker to block The Reading Hub and stay safe online
It’s also critical to protect your web-browsers from malicious web pages and ads by using an ad-blocker application like AdGuard. Security experts says that it will greatly reduce the risk of malicious software, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard can also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
- Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you will need to download AdGuard on your Windows Desktop by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
- Once the downloading process is done, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the setup is done, click “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop ups, pages such as The Reading Hub, as well as other harmful or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
How to avoid installation of The Reading Hub browser hijacker
After completing the step-by-step guidance outlined above, your machine should be clean from browser hijacker infection related to The Reading Hub search and other malware. The Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Chrome and FF will no longer show annoying The Reading Hub page on startup. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new browser hijacker infection, and then the best way – ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.