Are you faced with the fact that your internet browser is now filled with a variety of pop up ads and banners signed with GrillaPrice? The cause of all your problems with your system is the GrillaPrice adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) that has been installed on many personal computers around the world, so you’re one of many. Most likely, you do not even know how and where the GrillaPrice adware has got into your computer. In the steps below, we will explain all the general features of ad-supported software and its typical behavior on the personal computer, as well as effective ways to remove GrillaPrice from your computer.
While your computer is affected with the GrillaPrice adware, the Google Chrome, MS Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Firefox may be redirected to annoying ads. Of course, the ‘ad supported’ software may not cause damages to your files or Windows system, but it may display lots of intrusive advertisements. These advertisements will be injected within the content of web-pages that are you opening in your browser and can be varied: pop-up ads, in-text ads, different sized banners, offers to install an questionable software. The ads will appear on all sites, including web-pages where previously you have never seen any advertising banners.
We advise to remove the GrillaPrice that designed to redirect your browser to various ad pages, as soon as you found this problem, as it can redirect your web-browser to web-resources which may load other malicious software on your machine.
Remove GrillaPrice adware
As with removing ad supported software, malicious software or PUPs, there are few steps you may do. We recommend trying them all. If you do only one part of the guidance, then it should be use malicious software removal tool, because it should get rid of adware and block any further infection. But to completely delete GrillaPrice you’ll have to at least reset your web-browser settings such as search engine, newtab and home page to default state, remove all unwanted and suspicious programs, and remove adware with malicious software removal utilities. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to shut down your web-browser or restart your computer.
To remove GrillaPrice, execute the steps below:
- Remove GrillaPrice ad-supported software without any tools
- How to automatically remove GrillaPrice
- How to stay safe online
- How to prevent GrillaPrice ad supported software from getting inside your computer
- Finish words
Remove GrillaPrice ad-supported software without any tools
Most common ‘ad supported’ software may be removed without any antivirus programs. The manual adware removal is instructions that will teach you how to remove the GrillaPrice ad supported software.
Delete GrillaPrice associated software by using MS Windows Control Panel
Some potentially unwanted programs, browser hijacking programs and adware may be deleted by uninstalling the free programs they came with. If this way does not succeed, then looking them up in the list of installed programs in MS Windows Control Panel. Use the “Uninstall” command in order to get rid of them.
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as displayed in the figure below.
Further, press “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all software installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and remove any suspicious and unknown programs.
Get rid of unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the undesired GrillaPrice ads opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all the tasks that have been created by the GrillaPrice adware.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard simultaneously. It will show a prompt that called Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, like below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be display just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it is a component of the unwanted programs, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as displayed below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by the GrillaPrice ‘ad-supported’ app. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
Remove GrillaPrice adware from Chrome
Run the Reset web browser utility of the Chrome to reset all its settings such as search provider by default, home page and newtab page to original defaults. This is a very useful utility to use, in the case of web browser redirects to undesired GrillaPrice ads.
- First run the Google Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is complete, your browser’s home page, search provider by default and newtab will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Delete GrillaPrice from Firefox by resetting browser settings
If the Firefox settings like search provider by default, homepage and newtab page have been replaced by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help.
First, run the Firefox and click button. It will display the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Further, press the Help button () like below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation prompt. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the GrillaPrice adware. When, it’s done, click the “Finish” button.
Get rid of GrillaPrice from Internet Explorer
In order to restore all web browser newtab page, start page and search provider you need to reset the IE to the state, that was when the Windows was installed on your PC system.
First, launch the IE. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” as displayed on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as displayed on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your machine for the changes to take effect.
How to automatically remove GrillaPrice
There are not many good free antimalware programs with high detection ratio. The effectiveness of malware removal utilities depends on various factors, mostly on how often their virus/malware signatures DB are updated in order to effectively detect modern malware, adware, hijackers and other potentially unwanted software. We suggest to use several applications, not just one. These programs that listed below will help you get rid of all components of the ad supported software from your disk and Windows registry and thereby delete GrillaPrice ad-supported software.
How to automatically delete GrillaPrice adware with Zemana Anti-malware
Zemana Anti-malware is a utility that can get rid of adware, PUPs, browser hijackers and other malware from your system easily and for free. Zemana Anti-malware is compatible with most antivirus software. It works under Windows (10 – XP, 32 and 64 bit) and uses minimum of computer resources.
- Download Zemana from the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will show the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download is done, please close all apps and open windows on your system. Next, start a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Anti Malware onto your PC system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will run and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to start scanning your computer for the GrillaPrice that causes a ton of annoying pop up advertisements. This process can take some time, so please be patient.
- Once the scan get finished, a list of all items detected is produced.
- Once you’ve selected what you want to delete from your machine click the “Next” button. The utility will remove GrillaPrice ad supported software that cause undesired pop-up ads to appear and move threats to the program’s quarantine. Once that process is finished, you may be prompted to restart the machine.
- Close the Zemana Free and continue with the next step.
Scan and clean your PC system of adware with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro is a free removal utility that can scan your PC for a wide range of security threats such as malware, adwares, PUPs as well as GrillaPrice adware that redirects your internet browser to undesired ad web-pages. It will perform a deep scan of your machine including hard drives and Windows registry. After a malicious software is found, it will allow you to get rid of all detected threats from your machine by a simple click.
- Visit the page linked below to download Hitman Pro. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: December 8, 2017
- After the downloading process is finished, launch the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, click the “Next” for checking your computer for the GrillaPrice adware which causes unwanted pop ups. A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your personal computer and the speed of your PC. While the HitmanPro is checking, you may see count of objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- When the scan is complete, the results are displayed in the scan report. Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and click “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
How to remove GrillaPrice with Malwarebytes
Manual GrillaPrice ad-supported software removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the ad supported software may be not completely removed. We recommend that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely free your system of adware. Moreover, the free program will help you to get rid of malware, potentially unwanted programs, hijackers and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
Installing the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) is simple. First you will need to download MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) by clicking on the link below. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
When downloading is done, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the MalwareBytes Free will try to update itself and when this process is finished, click the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your personal computer for the GrillaPrice adware which cause annoying ads to appear. While the MalwareBytes Anti Malware is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified either as being malware. Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) is a free application that you can use to remove all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malware removal tool, we suggest you to read and follow the few simple steps or the video guide below.
How to stay safe online
Use ad-blocker program like AdGuard in order to stop ads, malvertisements, pop-ups and online trackers, avoid having to install malicious and adware browser plug-ins and add-ons which affect your machine performance and impact your computer security. Browse the Internet anonymously and stay safe online!
Please go to the following link to download the latest version of AdGuard for Microsoft Windows. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
Once downloading is finished, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as shown on the screen below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guide as displayed in the figure below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop popup ads, as well as other harmful or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
How to prevent GrillaPrice ad supported software from getting inside your computer
Many programs created to show lots of intrusive ads within your PC’s internet browser. So, when you installing freeware, carefully read the disclaimers, choose the Custom or Advanced installation method to watch for bundled programs that are being installed, because certain of the apps are PUPs such as this GrillaPrice adware that causes multiple annoying advertisements and pop ups.
Now your computer should be free of the GrillaPrice ad supported software that causes web browsers to show intrusive ads. Uninstall AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop-up ads and undesired harmful web-pages) and Zemana Free (to periodically scan your computer for new ad-supported softwares and other malware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove GrillaPrice adware from the Chrome, Firefox, IE and Edge, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.