The Weather for Chrome is a malicious browser extension from the group of ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware). It is a type of malicious software that made to open a lot of intrusive pop-up ads. Unlike viruses, the Weather for Chrome extension will not delete or infect your files, but its actions will cause some problems with your web-browser. This is because, it will infect your computer, get full access to the Google Chrome and be able to alter the browser settings. Of course, it did not ask you for permission and do it secretly as possible. Once your internet browser settings will be changed, you will be rerouted to intrusive advertisements, some of which can lead to harmful or misleading web pages. For this reason, we advise that you start the clean up of your personal computer as soon as possible and thus remove Weather for Chrome from the Google Chrome web-browser.
The Weather for Chrome is the part of the software that is used as an online promotional utility. It is designed with the sole purpose to open dozens of advertisements, and thus to promote the goods and services in an open internet browser window. Moreover, the Weather for Chrome can substitute the legitimate advertising links on misleading or even banners that can offer to visit harmful sites. The reason is simple, many advertisers agree on any ways to attract users to their web pages, so the makers of virus, often forcing users to click on an advertising link. For each click on a link, the creators of the virus receive income.
Therefore it is very important to follow the guide below as soon as possible. The step by step guidance will help you to remove Weather for Chrome as well as clean your PC from any unwanted ads and pop-ups. What is more, the few simple steps below will help you remove other malicious software such as undesired toolbars and browser hijackers, that can be installed onto machine along with the virus.
How to remove Weather for Chrome
In the step by step tutorial below we will have a look at the extension and how to remove Weather for Chrome from Google Chrome browser for MS Windows OS, natively or by using a few free removal utilities. Certain of the steps will require you to reboot your computer or exit this web page. So, read this guidance carefully, then bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove Weather for Chrome, perform the steps below:
- How to remove Weather for Chrome plugin without any software
- How to automatically get rid of Weather for Chrome malicious extension
- Use AdBlocker to stay safe online
- How was Weather for Chrome installed on PC
- Finish words
How to remove Weather for Chrome plugin without any software
These steps to delete Weather for Chrome harmful extension without any programs are presented below. Be sure to carry out the step-by-step guidance completely to fully get rid of this Weather for Chrome harmful extension which causes intrusive ads.
Remove suspicious applications using Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and remove the program that causes the appearance of undesired advertisements or browser redirect, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and press “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, press “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will open a list of all applications installed on the system.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall questionable and unknown apps. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Remove Weather for Chrome from Google Chrome
If your Chrome internet browser is re-directed to unwanted ads, it may be necessary to completely reset your web browser program to its default settings.
- First start the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is done, your internet browser’s newtab page, search engine and homepage will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
How to automatically get rid of Weather for Chrome malicious extension
The easiest method to remove Weather for Chrome is to run an anti malware program capable of detecting this Weather for Chrome plugin that causes annoying popup ads. We suggest try Zemana Anti-malware or another free malware remover that listed below. It has excellent detection rate when it comes to adware, hijackers and other PUPs.
How to get rid of Weather for Chrome virus with Zemana Anti-malware
You can get rid of Weather for Chrome virus automatically with a help of Zemana Anti-malware. We recommend this malicious software removal utility because it can easily remove browser hijackers, PUPs, ad-supported software with all their components such as folders, files and registry entries.
- Please go to the link below to download Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM). Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- After downloading is complete, close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click the “Scan” button to start checking your computer for the Weather for Chrome malicious add-on. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your computer and the speed of your computer. While the Zemana Anti-Malware program is scanning, you may see number of objects it has identified as threat.
- As the scanning ends, Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will display a scan report. You may move items to Quarantine (all selected by default) by simply click “Next”. When finished, you can be prompted to reboot your PC.
Use Malwarebytes to remove Weather for Chrome extension
Remove Weather for Chrome extension manually is difficult and often the extension is not completely removed. Therefore, we suggest you to use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your system. Moreover, the free application will allow you to remove malware, PUPs, toolbars and browser hijackers that your PC system can be infected too.
Visit the following page to download the latest version of MalwareBytes for MS Windows. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
Once downloading is finished, close all applications and windows on your PC. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup as shown below.
When the installation starts, you will see the “Setup wizard” which will help you set up Malwarebytes on your personal computer.
Once installation is finished, you’ll see window as displayed below.
Now click the “Scan Now” button for scanning your PC for the Weather for Chrome plugin that causes internet browsers to open annoying pop up ads. This process may take some time, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes program is scanning, you may see how many objects it has identified as threat.
When the system scan is finished, the results are displayed in the scan report. All detected items will be marked. You can delete them all by simply press “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes will now start to remove Weather for Chrome plugin that causes browsers to show intrusive popup ads. When finished, you may be prompted to reboot your computer.
The following video explains step-by-step guide on how to remove hijacker infection, adware and other malware with MalwareBytes Anti Malware.
Double-check for potentially unwanted apps with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a free portable application that scans your computer for Weather for Chrome extension that causes tons of unwanted pop-up ads, PUPs and browser hijackers and allows remove them easily. Moreover, it’ll also help you remove any harmful web browser extensions and add-ons.
- Visit the following page to download AdwCleaner. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: February 8, 2018
- When downloading is done, double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this utility is launched, click “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the Weather for Chrome extension which cause undesired ads to appear. While the utility is scanning, you can see count of objects and files has already scanned.
- As the scanning ends, you’ll be shown the list of all found threats on your computer. Next, you need to click “Clean” button. It will open a prompt, press “OK”.
These few simple steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Use AdBlocker to stay safe online
It’s important to use ad-blocker apps such as AdGuard to protect your PC system from malicious web-pages. Most security experts says that it is okay to block ads. You should do so just to stay safe! And, of course, the AdGuard may to stop annoying ads and pop-ups.
- Download AdGuard by clicking on the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
- When downloading is done, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the setup is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and block pop-ups, as well as other harmful or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
How was Weather for Chrome installed on PC
The majority of harmful plugins spreads bundled with freeware or even paid apps which Internet users can easily download online. The setup files of such applications, most commonly, clearly show that they will install third-party apps. The option is given to users to block the installation of any third-party programs. So, in order to avoid the setup of any malicious browser extensions like the Weather for Chrome: read all disclaimers and install screens very carefully, select only Custom or Advanced installation mode and uncheck all additional programs in which you are unsure.
Now your personal computer should be clean of the Weather for Chrome plugin that causes multiple unwanted ads and pop-ups. Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted ads and undesired harmful web-sites) and Zemana Anti Malware (to periodically scan your personal computer for new malware, browser hijackers and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows operating system. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new malicious plugins, malicious programs and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete Weather for Chrome add-on from your web browser, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.