The Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net is classified as ‘ad’ web page. It can display intrusive ads within the Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge or redirect your web-browser on various ads sites. If you are seeing the Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net annoying site in the browser’s status bar then it is possible that your web-browser is affected with an ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware). As a result of the adware infection, your browser will be full of advertisements (pop-ups, banners, in-text links, offers to install an unwanted software) and your PC will be slower and slower.
The adware which opens undesired Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net advertisements, is the part of the software that is used as an online promotional tool. It’s created with the sole purpose to display dozens of ads, and thus to promote the goods and services in an open web browser window. Moreover, the ad supported software can substitute the legitimate advertising banners on misleading or even banners that can offer to visit malicious web-sites. The reason is simple, many advertisers agree on any ways to attract users to their web-pages, so the authors of adware, often forcing users to click on an advertising link. For each click on a link, the developers of the adware receive income.
The adware usually affects only the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge by changing the browser’s settings or installing a malicious extensions. Moreover, possible situations, when any other web browsers will be affected too. The adware will perform a scan of the PC for browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the browser shortcuts, it’ll add the argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you start the web-browser, you will see an intrusive Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net web-site.
We strongly suggest that you perform the guidance below which will help you to get rid of Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net pop up ads using the standard features of Windows and some proven free programs.
Remove Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net redirect (removal tutorial)
There are several steps to uninstalling the ‘ad supported’ software that causes web-browsers to open undesired Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net advertisements, because it installs itself so deeply into MS Windows. You need to remove all suspicious and unknown programs, then remove harmful addons from the Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, IE and Edge and other web-browsers you’ve installed. Finally, you need to reset your browser settings to get rid of any changes the adware has made, and then scan your PC system with Zemana, MalwareBytes Free or AdwCleaner to ensure the ad-supported software is fully removed. It will take a while.
To remove Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net, complete the following steps:
- How to manually remove Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net
- Uninstall potentially unwanted software using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
- Fix hijacked browsers shortcuts to delete Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net redirect
- Remove Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net pop-ups from Google Chrome
- Get rid of Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net pop-up advertisements from Firefox
- Remove Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net pop up ads from Internet Explorer
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
- Scan your PC and get rid of Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net ads with free utilities
- Run AdBlocker to block Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net and stay safe online
- How to Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net redirect get installed onto system
- To sum up
How to manually remove Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net
These steps to remove Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net ads without any programs are presented below. Be sure to carry out the step-by-step tutorial completely to fully delete this ‘ad supported’ software that reroutes your web-browser to unwanted Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net web site.
Uninstall potentially unwanted software using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
Some potentially unwanted software, browser hijacking programs and adware can be deleted by uninstalling the freeware they came with. If this way does not succeed, then looking them up in the list of installed software in Windows Control Panel. Use the “Uninstall” command in order to remove them.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will display a list of all programs installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and delete any suspicious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort software by date in the Control panel.
Fix hijacked browsers shortcuts to delete Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net redirect
The adware which causes undesired Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net pop-up advertisements, may hijack various Windows shortcuts on your desktop (most often, all browsers shortcuts), so in this step you need to check and clean them by removing the argument like http://site.address/.
Click the right mouse button to a desktop shortcut which you use to start your browser. Next, choose the “Properties” option. Important: necessary to click on the desktop shortcut file for the web-browser that is redirected to the Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net or other unwanted site.
Further, necessary to look at the text that is written in the “Target” field. The adware that causes a large number of intrusive Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net pop ups can change the contents of this field, which describes the file to be launch when you run your browser. Depending on the browser you are using, there should be:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
If you’re seeing an unknown text similar to “http://site.addres” which has been added here, then you should remove it, as shown on the image below.
Next, press the “OK” button to save the changes. Now, when you start the web browser from this desktop shortcut file, it does not occur automatically reroute on the Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net web-site or any other undesired web-pages. Once the step is finished, we recommend to go to the next step.
Remove Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net pop-ups from Google Chrome
Like other modern web browsers, the Google Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thereby recover the browser’s settings such as homepage, newtab and search provider by default that have been replaced by the adware that causes web browsers to display unwanted Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net pop ups.
- First, start the Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Chrome main menu, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Show advanced settings” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset settings dialog box as on the image above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net pop-up advertisements from Firefox
Resetting your FF is first troubleshooting step for any issues with your browser application, including the redirect to Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net web site.
First, start the Mozilla Firefox and click button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Further, press the Help button () as shown in the following example
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown in the following example. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will show the confirmation prompt. Further, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will start a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the adware that causes multiple undesired popups. When, it is finished, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net pop up ads from Internet Explorer
By resetting Internet Explorer internet browser you return your web-browser settings to its default state. This is first when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by adware that cause undesired Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net pop-ups to appear.
First, start the IE, click ) button. Next, press “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. It will remove adware which causes annoying Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net pop-ups, disable malicious and ad-supported internet browser’s extensions and restore the IE’s settings such as start page, newtab page and search engine by default to default state.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the annoying Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net web page opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and delete all the tasks that have been created by adware.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard at the same time. This opens a prompt that titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown in the figure below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Please select the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your computer. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then remove this malicious task. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it’s a component of the adware, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to delete, then press on it with the right mouse button and choose Delete as shown below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by adware. Once is complete, close the Task Scheduler window.
Scan your PC and get rid of Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net ads with free utilities
If your PC is still infected with adware that redirects your web browser to unwanted Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net web page, then the best solution of detection and removal is to run an anti malware scan on the system. Download free malicious software removal tools below and run a full system scan. It will allow you get rid of all components of the ad-supported software from hardisk and Windows registry.
Use Zemana Anti-malware to get rid of Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net
You can remove Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net pop-ups automatically with a help of Zemana Anti-malware. We recommend this malicious software removal utility because it may easily remove hijacker infections, potentially unwanted software, adware that redirects your web-browser to Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net web-site with all their components such as folders, files and registry entries.
- Download Zemana Free from the following link. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- Once downloading is complete, close all software and windows on your PC system. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click the “Scan” button for scanning your personal computer for the ad supported software that cause unwanted Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net popup advertisements to appear. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. During the scan Zemana Free will detect all threats present on your personal computer.
- When Zemana Anti Malware has finished scanning your computer, you can check all threats detected on your computer. Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and press “Next”. After the process is complete, you can be prompted to reboot your machine.
Run Malwarebytes to remove Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net pop up ads
You can remove Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net redirect automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We advise this free malware removal tool because it can easily remove hijackers, ‘ad supported’ software, potentially unwanted programs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- Please download MalwareBytes Free on your computer from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the download is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) onto your machine. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes will open and display the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button to begin scanning your machine for the adware that redirects your web browser to intrusive Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net web-site. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. While the MalwareBytes is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified either as being malware.
- After the scan get finished, MalwareBytes Free will show a list of all threats detected by the scan.
- Next, you need to press the “Quarantine Selected” button. When that process is complete, you may be prompted to restart the system.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Double-check for potentially unwanted software with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a free removal utility that can scan your system for a wide range of security threats like malware, ad supported softwares, PUPs as well as ad supported software which designed to redirect your web browser to various ad web pages such as Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net. It will perform a deep scan of your personal computer including hard drives and Windows registry. When a malware is detected, it will allow you to get rid of all detected threats from your PC with a simple click.
- Download AdwCleaner from the following link. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: September 24, 2018
- Select the file location as Desktop, and then click Save.
- After the download is complete, start the AdwCleaner, double-click the adwcleaner_xxx.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the AdwCleaner window, press the “Scan” . AdwCleaner utility will begin scanning the whole personal computer to find out ad-supported software that causes unwanted Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net pop ups. This task can take some time, so please be patient. When a malicious software, ‘ad supported’ software or PUPs are found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is complete.
- When the checking is finished, a list of all items found is produced. When you are ready, click “Clean”. If the AdwCleaner will ask you to restart your PC system, press “OK”.
The instructions shown in detail in the following video.
Run AdBlocker to block Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net and stay safe online
It is important to use ad-blocker programs like AdGuard to protect your personal computer from harmful web-sites. Most security experts says that it is okay to block ads. You should do so just to stay safe! And, of course, the AdGuard can to stop Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net and other intrusive web-pages.
Download AdGuard application from the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
After the download is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as displayed on the image below.
Follow the prompts. Once the setup is done, you will see a window as displayed in the figure below.
You can press “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will run automatically and block popups, pages such Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net, as well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
How to Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net redirect get installed onto system
To sum up
After completing the step by step guidance outlined above, your PC system should be clean from ad-supported software that causes internet browsers to open intrusive Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net pop-up ads and other malware. The Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge and Internet Explorer will no longer redirect you to various intrusive web-sites such as Revsrvr-a.akamaihd.net. Unfortunately, if the guide does not help you, then you have caught a new ad-supported software, and then the best way – ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.