According to computer security experts, JamBox Search is a browser hijacker. Once your web-browser has become the victim of this browser hijacker, it takes over your internet browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox, IE and Microsoft Edge. JamBox Search browser hijacker can introduce changes to your web-browser’s settings, including homepage, newtab page and default search provider, and installs undesired extensions deep inside your PC system. This is the main reason why you need to remove it from your machine and return your web-browser search provider and home page back to the default.
The JamBox Search browser hijacker infection may also alter the default search engine that will virtually block the possibility of finding information on the Net. The reason for this is that the “JamBox Search” search results can show tons of ads, links to unwanted and ad pages. Only the remaining part is the result of your search request, loaded from the major search providers such as Google, Yahoo or Bing.
While redirecting, your web browser’s status bar may show the following messages: ‘Waiting for feed.jamboxlive.com’, ‘Transferring data from feed.jamboxlive.com’, ‘Looking up feed.jamboxlive.com’, ‘Read feed.jamboxlive.com’, ‘Connected to feed.jamboxlive.com’.
We strongly advise you to complete the guidance which follow below. We’ll show you how to delete browser hijacker and thereby get rid of JamBox Search from your Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer forever.
How to remove JamBox Search from PC system
In the step by step instructions below, we’ll try to cover the Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Edge and provide general advice to get rid of JamBox Search startpage. You may find some minor differences in your Windows install. No matter, you should be okay if you follow the steps outlined below: uninstall all suspicious and unknown applications, reset internet browsers settings, fix browsers shortcuts, use free malicious software removal tools. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to exit your web browser or restart your PC system.
To remove JamBox Search, complete the steps below:
- How to get rid of JamBox Search redirect without any software
- Uninstall JamBox Search related applications through the Control Panel of your personal computer
- Fix internet browser shortcuts, altered by JamBox Search hijacker infection
- Get rid of JamBox Search from Google Chrome
- Get rid of JamBox Search from Firefox by resetting web browser settings
- Remove JamBox Search homepage from Microsoft Internet Explorer
- How to automatically get rid of JamBox Search browser hijacker
- How to block JamBox Search redirect
- How did JamBox Search browser hijacker get on your machine
- Finish words
How to get rid of JamBox Search redirect without any software
The instructions will help you remove JamBox Search . These JamBox Search removal steps work for the Chrome, FF, Edge and Internet Explorer, as well as every version of MS Windows operating system.
Uninstall JamBox Search related applications through the Control Panel of your personal computer
Check out the Microsoft Windows Control Panel (Programs and Features section) to see all installed applications. We suggest to click on the “Date Installed” in order to sort the list of software by the date you installed them. If you see any unknown and suspicious applications, they are the ones you need to remove.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Once the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as displayed on the image below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel as displayed in the following example.
Very carefully look around the entire list of software installed on your computer. Most likely, one or more of them are responsible for the appearance of ads and web-browser redirect to the intrusive JamBox Search site. If you have many programs installed, you can help simplify the search of malicious applications by sort the list by date of installation. Once you have found a suspicious, unwanted or unused program, right click to it, after that click ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
When the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to press ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ like below.
You will see a list of software installed on your personal computer. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the applications that were installed last. Most likely they responsibility for the appearance of pop-up advertisements and browser redirect. If you are in doubt, you can always check the program by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. Once the program which you need to delete is found, simply click on its name, and then click ‘Uninstall’ as shown in the figure below.
Get rid of JamBox Search from Google Chrome
Run the Reset web-browser utility of the Chrome to reset all its settings like home page, newtab page and default search engine to original defaults. This is a very useful utility to use, in the case of browser hijacks such as JamBox Search.
- First run the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is complete, your internet browser’s new tab page, start page and search engine by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of JamBox Search from Firefox by resetting web browser settings
If your Firefox web-browser home page has replaced to JamBox Search without your permission or an unknown search engine displays results for your search, then it may be time to perform the internet browser reset.
Press the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and press the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown in the figure below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed in the following example.
Follow the onscreen procedure to revert back your Mozilla Firefox internet browser settings to its original state.
Remove JamBox Search homepage from Microsoft Internet Explorer
In order to recover all web browser startpage, newtab and search provider by default you need to reset the Microsoft Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the MS Windows was installed on your machine.
First, launch the IE, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then click the “Internet Options” as shown in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as displayed on the image below.
When the task is complete, click “Close” button. Close the Microsoft Internet Explorer and reboot your personal computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s newtab page, homepage and search provider by default to default state.
How to automatically get rid of JamBox Search browser hijacker
There are not many good free anti-malware programs with high detection ratio. The effectiveness of malware removal tools depends on various factors, mostly on how often their virus/malware signatures DB are updated in order to effectively detect modern malware, ‘ad supported’ software, browser hijackers and other potentially unwanted software. We recommend to run several applications, not just one. These applications which listed below will help you remove all components of the browser hijacker from your disk and Windows registry and thereby remove JamBox Search .
Remove JamBox Search with Zemana Anti Malware
You can remove JamBox Search homepage automatically with a help of Zemana Anti Malware. We recommend this malicious software removal tool because it can easily remove browser hijacker infections, potentially unwanted programs, adware and toolbars with all their components such as folders, files and registry entries.
- Download Zemana Free by clicking on the link below. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: April 20, 2017
- When the download is finished, close all software and windows on your PC system. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is done, click the “Scan” button for scanning your personal computer for the browser hijacker which alters web-browser settings to replace your startpage, new tab and search provider by default with JamBox Search web page. While the Zemana program is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- Once Zemana Anti-Malware completes the scan, Zemana will show a list of all threats detected by the scan. Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click “Next”. When the procedure is finished, you may be prompted to restart your system.
Run Malwarebytes to remove hijacker
We suggest using the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your computer of the hijacker. The free utility is an advanced malicious software removal program created by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular antimalware technology. It is able to help you delete hijacker infections, PUPs, malware, adware, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your system for free.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) by clicking on the link below. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: August 31, 2017
- After downloading is finished, close all software and windows on your PC system. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click the “Scan Now” button .MalwareBytes program will scan through the whole computer for the hijacker infection which changes browser settings to replace your newtab, start page and search provider by default with JamBox Search web-site. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) program is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- Once the system scan is done, MalwareBytes Free will display you the results. Review the report and then click “Quarantine Selected”. After the clean up is finished, you can be prompted to restart your PC system.
The following video offers a steps on how to remove hijackers, adware and other malware with MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM).
Scan and free your PC system of hijacker with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a free removal tool that may be downloaded and use to get rid of browser hijacker infections, ad-supported software, malicious software, PUPs, toolbars and other threats from your computer. You can run this tool to detect threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security program.
Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: August 29, 2017
Once downloading is finished, open the file location. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. Once the tool is opened, you will see a screen as on the image below.
Further, click “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the browser hijacker that cause a redirect to JamBox Search page. After AdwCleaner has finished scanning, AdwCleaner will display a screen that contains a list of malware that has been found as shown in the figure below.
You may move threats to Quarantine (all selected by default) by simply click “Clean” button. It will display a dialog box as displayed below.
You need to press “OK”. When finished, the AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your personal computer. When your computer is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
These steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
How to block JamBox Search redirect
Run an ad-blocker tool such as AdGuard will protect you from harmful ads and content. Moreover, you can find that the AdGuard have an option to protect your privacy and stop phishing and spam web-sites. Additionally, ad blocker software will help you to avoid intrusive popup advertisements and unverified links that also a good way to stay safe online.
Download AdGuard application from the following link and save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: May 10, 2017
After the downloading process is done, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown on the image below.
Follow the prompts. After the install is done, you will see a window like below.
You can click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your system, AdGuard will run automatically and stop ads, pages such JamBox Search, as well as other harmful or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which can be found on your desktop.
How did JamBox Search browser hijacker get on your machine
Once you have finished the step by step guidance shown above, your PC should be clean from this browser hijacker infection and other malware. The Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and MS Edge will no longer display intrusive JamBox Search startpage on startup. Unfortunately, if the step by step guide does not help you, then you have caught a new browser hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying JamBox Search .