If your web browser are being rerouted to the page named Ecstaticcomputer.com offering install an questionable browser extension, then you most likely have an adware (sometimes named ‘ad-supported’ software) installed on your machine. The ad supported software will change your web browser’s startpage, new tab and search engine by default or display a large count of intrusive Ecstaticcomputer.com popups. If you would like to clean your personal computer of adware and thereby remove Ecstaticcomputer.com pop-ups and are unable to do so, you can follow the tutorial below to detect and remove this ad supported software and any other malicious software for free.
What is more, the adware may open advertisements depend on a web-page that you are visiting. That is, it’s clear that this adware, without your permission, steals user data such as: your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking, and much, much more. The worst is, the adware may monetize its functionality by collecting personal info from your browsing sessions and selling it to third party companies. This puts your user information at a security risk.
The ‘ad supported’ software often modify all web browser shortcuts which located on your Desktop to force you visit various unwanted ad sites like Ecstaticcomputer.com. As a result, your web browser can still redirect you to an unwanted ad site despite your computer is actually clean of ad-supported software and other malware.
We strongly advise that you perform the step-by-step guide below that will allow you to remove Ecstaticcomputer.com pop-up advertisements using the standard features of Windows and some proven free programs.
Remove Ecstaticcomputer.com pop ups
The following step by step instructions will help you to delete Ecstaticcomputer.com popups from the Chrome, FF, Internet Explorer and Edge. Moreover, the guide below will allow you to get rid of malware, browser hijackers, potentially unwanted programs and toolbars that your computer may be infected. Please do the tutorial step by step. If you need assist or have any questions, then ask for our assistance or type a comment below. Certain of the steps will require you to restart your PC or close this web page. So, read this guide carefully, then bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove Ecstaticcomputer.com pop-ups, follow the steps below:
- Manual Ecstaticcomputer.com advertisements removal
- Uninstall potentially unwanted applications using MS Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the internet browser’s shortcuts to remove Ecstaticcomputer.com redirect
- Remove Ecstaticcomputer.com redirect from Internet Explorer
- Remove Ecstaticcomputer.com popup advertisements from Chrome
- Remove Ecstaticcomputer.com pop-up advertisements from Firefox
- Get rid of unwanted Scheduled Tasks
- Use free malware removal utilities to completely remove Ecstaticcomputer.com pop-up ads
- Stop Ecstaticcomputer.com ads and other annoying web sites
- Where the Ecstaticcomputer.com pop-up advertisements comes from
- To sum up
Manual Ecstaticcomputer.com advertisements removal
Most common adware may be uninstalled without any antivirus software. The manual adware removal is few simple steps that will teach you how to remove the Ecstaticcomputer.com pop-ups.
Uninstall potentially unwanted applications using MS Windows Control Panel
We suggest that you start the system cleaning process by checking the list of installed programs and uninstall all unknown or suspicious programs. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the malicious programs such as ad-supported software and hijacker infections may be bundled with free applications. Uninstall the unwanted software can delete the annoying advertisements or web-browser redirect.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Microsoft Windows logo, and then press Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as on the image below.
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as displayed in the figure below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right as shown in the figure below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 7 or Vista) as displayed in the figure below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed programs and remove all programs that has the name like “Ecstaticcomputer.com”. We advise to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed programs by date. Once you have found anything suspicious that may be the ad-supported software, adware or potentially unwanted software, then select this program and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the suspicious program blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully delete it from your computer.
Disinfect the internet browser’s shortcuts to remove Ecstaticcomputer.com redirect
Now you need to clean up the internet browser shortcuts. Check that the shortcut referring to the right exe-file of the web browser, and not on any unknown file.
Click the right mouse button to a desktop shortcut that you use to start your browser. Next, select the “Properties” option. Important: necessary to click on the desktop shortcut for the browser which is redirected to the Ecstaticcomputer.com or other undesired site.
Further, necessary to look at the text which is written in the “Target” field. The ad supported software can change the contents of this field, which describes the file to be start when you launch your internet browser. Depending on the web browser you are using, there should be:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
If you are seeing an unknown text similar to “http://site.addres” which has been added here, then you should remove it, as displayed in the figure below.
Next, click the “OK” button to save the changes. Now, when you launch the internet browser from this desktop shortcut, it does not occur automatically redirect on the Ecstaticcomputer.com web-site or any other annoying pages. Once the step is done, we recommend to go to the next step.
Remove Ecstaticcomputer.com redirect from Internet Explorer
The IE reset is great if your web browser is hijacked or you have unwanted addo-ons or toolbars on your internet browser, which installed by an malicious software.
First, open the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as displayed in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect. It will remove adware that cause undesired Ecstaticcomputer.com pop-up ads to appear, disable malicious and ad-supported web-browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings such as home page, new tab page and search engine by default to default state.
Remove Ecstaticcomputer.com popup advertisements from Chrome
Like other modern browsers, the Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thereby restore the internet browser’s settings like newtab page, startpage and search engine by default that have been replaced by the adware that causes multiple unwanted ads.
- First start the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is complete, your browser’s home page, newtab and search engine by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Ecstaticcomputer.com pop-up advertisements from Firefox
If the Firefox settings like newtab page, home page and search engine by default have been modified by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help.
Run the Mozilla Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the web browser screen. Next, press the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will show the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page like below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the ad-supported software that causes multiple unwanted pop ups. Once, it is finished, click the “Finish” button.
Get rid of unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the adware can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you run your machine, it will show Ecstaticcomputer.com annoying page. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and get rid of all malicious tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ programs.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard simultaneously. This opens a dialog box that called Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as displayed on the screen below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Please select the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your machine. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then remove this malicious task. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it is a component of the unwanted programs, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to remove, then click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown in the figure below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks which have been created by malicious applications. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
Use free malware removal utilities to completely remove Ecstaticcomputer.com pop-up ads
Many antivirus companies have developed programs that help detect adware and thereby remove Ecstaticcomputer.com from the Firefox, Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and MS Edge browsers. Below is a a few of the free programs you may want to run. Your computer may have tons of PUPs, adware and hijackers installed at the same time, so we suggest, if any unwanted or malicious program returns after rebooting the computer, then start your PC into Safe Mode and run the anti malware tool once again.
Scan and clean your internet browser of Ecstaticcomputer.com redirect with Zemana Anti-malware
Zemana Anti-malware is a utility that can remove ad-supported software, PUPs, hijacker infections and other malware from your personal computer easily and for free. Zemana Anti-malware is compatible with most antivirus software. It works under Windows (10 – XP, 32 and 64 bit) and uses minimum of computer resources.
- Please download Zemana by clicking on the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your personal computer. Next, run a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Free onto your machine. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Free will open and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button . Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) utility will start scanning the whole system to find out adware which made to reroute your internet browser to various ad sites like Ecstaticcomputer.com. This process can take some time, so please be patient. While the utility is checking, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- Once the scan get completed, Zemana Free will display you the results.
- Review the scan results and then click the “Next” button. The tool will remove ad-supported software that cause intrusive Ecstaticcomputer.com ads to appear and add items to the Quarantine. Once disinfection is done, you may be prompted to reboot the personal computer.
- Close the Zemana and continue with the next step.
How to automatically delete Ecstaticcomputer.com with Malwarebytes
We advise using the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your machine of the ‘ad supported’ software. The free tool is an advanced malware removal application made by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular anti-malware technology. It is able to help you remove unwanted Ecstaticcomputer.com popup advertisements from your web browsers, PUPs, malware, hijacker infections, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your personal computer for free.
- Please download MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) from the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will show the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the downloading process is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your personal computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Anti Malware onto your machine. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will start and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button .MalwareBytes Anti-Malware program will scan through the whole PC for the ‘ad supported’ software which redirects your internet browser to annoying Ecstaticcomputer.com site. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. When a threat is found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is complete.
- When MalwareBytes Anti-Malware has completed scanning, MalwareBytes Free will show a scan report.
- Review the report and then click the “Quarantine Selected” button. After disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Double-check for potentially unwanted software with AdwCleaner
If MalwareBytes antimalware or Zemana AntiMalware cannot remove this adware, then we suggests to run the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for browser hijackers, potentially unwanted software, toolbars and ad supported software that created to redirect your internet browser to various ad web sites such as Ecstaticcomputer.com.
Download AdwCleaner utility on your computer by clicking on the following link.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: September 24, 2018
When downloading is done, open the file location and double-click the AdwCleaner icon. It will start the AdwCleaner tool and you will see a screen like below. If the User Account Control dialog box will ask you want to start the program, click Yes button to continue.
Next, press “Scan” .AdwCleaner application will scan through the whole PC system for the adware that causes internet browsers to show annoying Ecstaticcomputer.com pop ups. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. When a threat is detected, the count of the security threats will change accordingly.
After the scan get completed, AdwCleaner will display a scan report like below.
All found threats will be marked. You can delete them all by simply click “Clean” button. It will open a prompt. Click “OK” button. The AdwCleaner will begin to remove ‘ad supported’ software that causes undesired Ecstaticcomputer.com pop ups. Once that process is done, the tool may ask you to restart your computer. After restart, the AdwCleaner will show the log file.
All the above steps are shown in detail in the following video instructions.
Stop Ecstaticcomputer.com ads and other annoying web sites
Using an ad-blocker program like AdGuard is an effective way to alleviate the risks. Additionally, ad blocking applications will also protect you from malicious advertisements and web sites, and, of course, stop redirection chain to Ecstaticcomputer.com and similar web-sites.
- Download AdGuard program by clicking on the link below. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
- When downloading is complete, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop popup ads, web-sites such Ecstaticcomputer.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
Where the Ecstaticcomputer.com pop-up advertisements comes from
To sum up
Now your computer should be clean of the adware which redirects your browser to unwanted Ecstaticcomputer.com web page. Delete AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep Zemana Free (to periodically scan your machine for new adwares and other malicious software) and AdGuard (to help you block annoying pop-ups and harmful web-sites). Moreover, to prevent adwares, please stay clear of unknown and third party software, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to find PUPs (potentially unwanted programs).
If you need more help with Ecstaticcomputer.com popup advertisements related issues, go to our Spyware/Malware removal forum.