If your web browser’s home page or search provider are being redirected to the page named Search Free Horoscope, then you most probably have a browser hijacker installed on your PC. The hijacker will alter your web browser’s home page, newtab page and search provider by default so that they automatically open the Search Free Horoscope site and use it for searches. If you would like to remove Search Free Horoscope and are unable to do so, you can follow the steps below to detect and get rid of this browser hijacker infection and any other malware for free.
When you perform a search via Search Free Horoscope, in addition to search results from Yahoo, Bing or Google Custom Search that provide links to web pages, news articles, images or videos you will also be shown a large amount of annoying ads. The creators of Search Free Horoscope doing this to earn advertising money from these ads.
Therefore it’s very important to free your computer of hijacker as quickly as possible. Follow the instructions below to remove Search Free Horoscope start page, as well as other malicious software and ad-supported software, which can be installed onto your personal computer along with it.
Remove Search Free Horoscope (removal steps)
Fortunately, it is not hard to get rid of the Search Free Horoscope browser hijacker infection. In the following guide, we will provide two ways to clean your computer of this browser hijacker. One is the manual removal way and the other is automatic removal way. You can choose the solution that best fits you. Please follow the removal instructions below to remove Search Free Horoscope right now!
To remove Search Free Horoscope, perform the steps below:
- Manual Search Free Horoscope home page removal
- Run free malware removal utilities to completely get rid of Search Free Horoscope homepage
- Block Search Free Horoscope start page and other undesired web-pages
- How does your PC get infected with Search Free Horoscope hijacker infection
- Finish words
Manual Search Free Horoscope home page removal
Steps to remove Search Free Horoscope hijacker infection without any programs are presented below. Be sure to carry out the step-by-step steps completely to fully delete this intrusive Search Free Horoscope start page.
Uninstall suspicious programs using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
The process of browser hijacker infection removal is generally the same across all versions of Microsoft Windows OS from 10 to XP. To start with, it is necessary to check the list of installed software on your system and uninstall all unused, unknown and suspicious programs.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next press Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will show the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all programs installed on the PC system.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Remove Search Free Horoscope homepage from IE
The IE reset is great if your internet browser is hijacked or you’ve unwanted plugins or toolbars on your internet browser, that installed by a malware.
First, open the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then press the “Internet Options” as displayed below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as displayed in the following example.
After the process is complete, press “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and restart your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your internet browser’s homepage, newtab page and default search engine to default state.
Get rid of Search Free Horoscope start page from Chrome
Like other modern web browsers, the Google Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thereby restore the web-browser homepage, newtab and default search engine that have been changed by the Search Free Horoscope browser hijacker.
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, click to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as on the image below and press the “Reset settings” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Reset” button.
Remove Search Free Horoscope from Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
Resetting your FF is good initial troubleshooting step for any issues with your browser application, including the redirect to Search Free Horoscope web site.
Start the Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will display the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the screen below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The FF will start a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the browser hijacker that causes internet browsers to show undesired Search Free Horoscope web-page. Once, it is finished, click the “Finish” button.
Run free malware removal utilities to completely get rid of Search Free Horoscope homepage
After completing the manual removal steps above all unwanted software and internet browser’s addons which causes browser redirects to the Search Free Horoscope web page should be removed. If the problem with Search Free Horoscope browser hijacker is still remained, then we recommend to scan your machine for any remaining malicious components. Use recommended free browser hijacker removal software below.
Use Zemana Free to remove hijacker
Zemana highly recommended, because it can detect security threats such ad supported software and hijackers which most ‘classic’ antivirus applications fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any Search Free Horoscope hijacker removal problems which cannot be fixed by this tool automatically, then Zemana Free provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
- Please download Zemana AntiMalware from the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the downloading process is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your PC system. Next, start a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Free onto your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Free will run and open the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button .Zemana Anti-Malware program will scan through the whole computer for the Search Free Horoscope hijacker infection and other browser’s harmful extensions. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- After that process is finished, a list of all items found is produced.
- You may move items to Quarantine (all selected by default) by simply click the “Next” button. The utility will remove hijacker which alters web-browser settings to replace your start page, newtab and default search engine with Search Free Horoscope site and move items to the program’s quarantine. After the process is complete, you may be prompted to reboot the machine.
- Close the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) and continue with the next step.
How to automatically get rid of Search Free Horoscope with Malwarebytes
We suggest using the Malwarebytes Free. You can download and install Malwarebytes to scan for and remove Search Free Horoscope homepage from your PC system. When installed and updated, the free malware remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on the computer.
Download MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) on your Windows Desktop by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
After downloading is done, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the MalwareBytes Free will try to update itself and when this procedure is complete, click the “Scan Now” button .MalwareBytes AntiMalware program will scan through the whole PC for the hijacker infection which redirects your web browser to undesired Search Free Horoscope site. This procedure may take some time, so please be patient. While the utility is scanning, you may see number of objects and files has already scanned. Review the report and then click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes Anti-Malware is a free program that you can use to delete all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malicious software removal utility, we recommend you to read and follow the step-by-step instructions or the video guide below.
Scan and free your personal computer of hijacker with AdwCleaner
If MalwareBytes anti malware or Zemana cannot get rid of this browser hijacker, then we recommends to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal utility for malware, ad supported software, PUPs, toolbars as well as hijacker infection that cause a redirect to Search Free Horoscope web-site.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: June 11, 2018
- Select the file location as Desktop, and then click Save.
- After the downloading process is complete, start the AdwCleaner, double-click the adwcleaner_xxx.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the AdwCleaner window, click the “Scan” to perform a system scan with this tool for the hijacker that cause Search Free Horoscope web page to appear. While the AdwCleaner tool is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as being affected by malware.
- When the scan is done, the results are displayed in the scan report. Review the report and then press “Clean”. If the AdwCleaner will ask you to restart your machine, click “OK”.
The step by step guidance shown in detail in the following video.
Block Search Free Horoscope start page and other undesired web-pages
It is also critical to protect your internet browsers from harmful web-pages and advertisements by using an ad blocker program such as AdGuard. Security experts says that it will greatly reduce the risk of malware, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard may also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
Installing the AdGuard ad blocker program is simple. First you will need to download AdGuard from the following link. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
When the download is finished, double-click the downloaded file to launch it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as displayed on the image below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick instructions as displayed on the screen below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick guidance which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you launch your machine, AdGuard will start automatically and stop advertisements, web pages such Search Free Horoscope, as well as other malicious or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
How does your PC get infected with Search Free Horoscope hijacker infection
Once you’ve complete the step-by-step tutorial above, your PC should be clean from this browser hijacker infection and other malware. The Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge will no longer show unwanted Search Free Horoscope startpage on startup. Unfortunately, if the step by step tutorial does not help you, then you have caught a new browser hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted Search Free Horoscope start page.