If you’re reading this article, then it means that you are seeing the SecurePrivacy unknown extension on your web browser or when you open a new tab or perform an internet search you are automatically redirected to an unwanted web site. All of these problems with your computer caused by SecurePrivacy add-on, which is often installs on the PC system by certain free software. You probably want to know how to remove SecurePrivacy extension and thereby get rid of any browser redirects as well as to return your internet browser’s homepage, new tab page and search engine by default. In the step-by-step tutorial below we will tell you about how to solve your problems.
The SecurePrivacy extension may change the default search provider on an intrusive site, so all your search queries will be redirected. Thus the authors of this extension can gather the search terms of your queries, and redirect you to various annoying web sites.
Some unwanted addons like SecurePrivacy also contain adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) that can be used to open intrusive advertisements and or collect lots of user data that can be transferred to third parties. These unwanted ads can be shown in the form of pop-unders, pop-ups, in-text ads, video ads, text links or banners or even massive full page ads.
We recommend you to remove SecurePrivacy addon and clean your computer of potentially unwanted programs ASAP, until the presence of the plugin has not led to even worse consequences. Complete the tutorial below that will help you to completely delete SecurePrivacy extension, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free tools.
How to remove SecurePrivacy from computer
We can assist you get rid of SecurePrivacy, without the need to take your system to a professional. Simply follow the removal guidance below if you currently have the undesired add-on on your PC system and want to get rid of it. If you have any difficulty while trying to remove the add-on, feel free to ask for our help in the comment section below. Certain of the steps below will require you to exit this web-site. So, please read the few simple steps carefully, after that bookmark or print it for later reference.
How to delete SecurePrivacy add-on without any software
Read this section to know how to manually delete the SecurePrivacy addon. Even if the step by step guidance does not work for you, there are several free malicious software removers below which can easily handle such hijackers.
Uninstall potentially unwanted applications through the MS Windows Control Panel
In order to delete SecurePrivacy, first thing you need to do is to delete unknown and suspicious programs from your computer using Microsoft Windows control panel. When removing this add-on, check the list of installed applications and try to find suspicious programs and delete them all. Pay special attention to recently installed software, as it is most likely that the SecurePrivacy extension сame along with it.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will show the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will open a list of all programs installed on the machine.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete suspicious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Remove SecurePrivacy from Mozilla Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
If the FF settings like startpage, newtab and search provider by default have been modified by the plugin, then resetting it to the default state can help.
First, start the FF and press button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Further, click the Help button () as displayed in the following example
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page like below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation dialog box. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will begin a process to fix your problems that caused by the SecurePrivacy extension that modifies your startpage and search provider. When, it is finished, click the “Finish” button.
Get rid of SecurePrivacy extension from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a easy way to delete the plugin, harmful and ‘ad-supported’ extensions, as well as to recover the internet browser’s start page, newtab and default search engine that have been changed by SecurePrivacy extension.
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, click to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as displayed on the screen below and click the “Reset settings” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Reset” button.
How to get rid of SecurePrivacy extension with free applications
There are not many good free antimalware programs with high detection ratio. The effectiveness of malicious software removal utilities depends on various factors, mostly on how often their virus/malware signatures DB are updated in order to effectively detect modern malware, ad supported software, addons and other PUPs. We suggest to run several applications, not just one. These programs which listed below will help you get rid of all components of any potentially unwanted programs from your disk and Windows registry and thereby get rid of SecurePrivacy plugin.
Remove SecurePrivacy extension with Zemana Anti Malware
We advise you to run the Zemana which are completely clean your personal computer. Moreover, the tool will help you to remove potentially unwanted applications, malicious software, toolbars and ad-supported software that your system can be infected too.
Now you can install and use Zemana AntiMalware to remove SecurePrivacy plugin from your web browser by following the steps below:
Click the following link to download Zemana Free installer called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup on your PC.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
Launch the setup file after it has been downloaded successfully and then follow the prompts to install this tool on your machine.
During installation you can change some settings, but we recommend you don’t make any changes to default settings.
When installation is complete, this malicious software removal utility will automatically start and update itself. You will see its main window as shown in the figure below.
Now press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the SecurePrivacy plugin and other web browser’s harmful add-ons. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your machine. When a malware, ad-supported software or PUPs are detected, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is finished.
When the scan is done, you can check all items found on your computer. Review the results once the tool has complete the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next” button.
The Zemana Free will begin to get rid of SecurePrivacy add-on and other security threats. When the process is finished, you may be prompted to reboot your computer to make the change take effect.
How to automatically remove SecurePrivacy with Malwarebytes
Get rid of SecurePrivacy plugin manually is difficult and often the extension is not completely removed. Therefore, we advise you to run the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your PC system. Moreover, the free program will help you to remove malicious software, PUPs, toolbars and ad supported software that your personal computer can be infected too.
- Please download MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) by clicking on the link below. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the downloading process is complete, please close all programs and open windows on your system. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) onto your PC. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Free will open and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to begin checking your PC system for the SecurePrivacy extension related files, folders and registry keys. This process can take some time, so please be patient. During the scan MalwareBytes Anti Malware will detect all threats exist on your computer.
- When MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) has finished scanning, a list of all threats found is produced.
- Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and press the “Quarantine Selected” button. When the task is finished, you may be prompted to restart the PC.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Use AdwCleaner to delete SecurePrivacy from the PC system
AdwCleaner is a free removal utility that may be downloaded and use to remove hijackers, adware, malware, PUPs, toolbars and other threats from your PC system. You can use this utility to detect threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security application.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: July 4, 2018
After the downloading process is done, open the directory in which you saved it. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. When the tool is started, you will see a screen as displayed below.
Further, click “Scan” button .AdwCleaner program will scan through the whole computer for the SecurePrivacy add-on and other browser’s malicious addons. When AdwCleaner completes the scan, AdwCleaner will display a scan report as shown on the screen below.
All found items will be marked. You can remove them all by simply press “Clean” button. It will open a prompt as shown below.
You need to click “OK”. After the cleaning process is done, the AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your personal computer. When your machine is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
These steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Use AdBlocker to stay safe online
By installing an ad blocking program such as AdGuard, you’re able to stop SecurePrivacy, autoplaying video ads and delete a large count of distracting and undesired ads on web-pages.
- Download AdGuard program from the following link. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
- After downloading is complete, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the setup is finished, press “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block advertisements, SecurePrivacy redirects, as well as other malicious or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
How to SecurePrivacy extension get installed onto computer
To sum up
Now your computer should be clean of the SecurePrivacy plugin related files, folders and registry keys. Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted popup advertisements and annoying harmful web-sites) and Zemana Anti-Malware (to periodically scan your PC system for new extensions and other malware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete SecurePrivacy extension from the Google Chrome, Firefox, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.