The appearance MovieZone Search instead of your search engine is a sign of potentially unwanted program which installed into your Google Chrome web browser. Moreover, the MovieZone Search extension can lead to weird internet browser behavior (freezing/crash), delays when starting a new browser window or delays when searching for anything on the Web. We think you definitely want to solve this problem. For this purpose, necessity to perform cleanup of your computer. You need to perform the steps below which will help you to delete MovieZone Search extension and free your browser from this plugin using the standard features of MS Windows and some proven free programs.
In order to force you to use MovieZone Search as often as possible this extension can modify your web browsers’ search engine. The creators of this extension do so in order to make money via Google AdSense or another third-party ad network. Thus every your click on advertisements which placed on the MovieZone Search generates revenue for them.
We strongly recommend you to complete the step by step tutorial which follow below. We’ll show you how to remove MovieZone Search extension and thereby delete all potentially unwanted software from Windows and Chrome, FF, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer forever.
Remove MovieZone Search addon (removal tutorial)
There are several steps to uninstalling MovieZone Search plugin, because it installs itself so deeply into MS Windows. You need to delete all suspicious and unknown applications, then remove malicious extensions from the Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer and other internet browsers you have installed. Finally, you need to reset your internet browser settings to remove any changes MovieZone Search addon has made, and then scan your computer with Zemana AntiMalware, Malwarebytes or AdwCleaner to ensure the extension is fully removed. It will take a while.
How to manually remove MovieZone Search
Read this section to know how to manually delete the MovieZone Search addon. Even if the step-by-step tutorial does not work for you, there are several free malicious software removers below that can easily handle such hijackers.
Uninstall suspicious applications using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
In order to delete MovieZone Search, first thing you need to do is to delete unknown and suspicious programs from your PC using Windows control panel. When removing this addon, check the list of installed programs and try to find suspicious programs and uninstall them all. Pay special attention to recently installed programs, as it’s most likely that the MovieZone Search add-on сame along with it.
Press Windows button , then press Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then press “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will display the Windows Control Panel as displayed on the screen below.
Further, press “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all software installed on your system. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown software.
Delete MovieZone Search extension from Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the addon, harmful and ‘ad-supported’ extensions, as well as to recover the web-browser’s homepage, new tab page and default search provider that have been replaced by MovieZone Search extension.
- First run the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is finished, your browser’s new tab, startpage and search provider by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
MovieZone Search extension automatic removal
There are not many good free anti-malware programs with high detection ratio. The effectiveness of malicious software removal utilities depends on various factors, mostly on how often their virus/malware signatures DB are updated in order to effectively detect modern malicious software, ad supported software, extensions and other potentially unwanted software. We suggest to use several applications, not just one. These programs that listed below will help you remove all components of the add-on from your disk and Windows registry and thereby remove MovieZone Search extension.
Automatically delete MovieZone Search addon with Zemana Free
Zemana is a tool which can get rid of adware, potentially unwanted programs, browser hijackers and other malware from your computer easily and for free. Zemana is compatible with most antivirus software. It works under Windows (10 – XP, 32 and 64 bit) and uses minimum of machine resources.
Download Zemana Free by clicking on the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
After the download is done, close all software and windows on your machine. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup as shown in the following example.
When the installation begins, you will see the “Setup wizard” which will help you install Zemana Anti Malware on your personal computer.
Once setup is finished, you will see window as shown below.
Now click the “Scan” button .Zemana Anti Malware application will scan through the whole PC system for the MovieZone Search add-on that modifies web-browser settings to replace your homepage, new tab and search provider by default. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your PC system and the speed of your PC system. While the tool is scanning, you can see number of objects and files has already scanned.
As the scanning ends, you can check all items detected on your personal computer. Review the results once the tool has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply press “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti Malware will delete MovieZone Search extension that cause an annoying web-site to appear.
Automatically delete MovieZone Search addon with Malwarebytes
Manual MovieZone Search plugin removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the extension can be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your computer of add-on. Moreover, the free program will help you to remove malware, PUPs, adware and toolbars that your PC system can be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Free on your Microsoft Windows Desktop from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- When the downloading process is done, close all programs and windows on your PC. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is done, press the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the MovieZone Search addon that changes your homepage and search provider. This procedure may take quite a while, so please be patient. When a malware, ad-supported software or potentially unwanted programs are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is finished.
- Once MalwareBytes completes the scan, MalwareBytes will display a list of detected items. Review the scan results and then press “Quarantine Selected”. After that process is done, you may be prompted to reboot your computer.
The following video offers a step-by-step tutorial on how to remove hijacker infections, adware and other malicious software with MalwareBytes Free.
Use AdwCleaner to remove MovieZone Search addon
The AdwCleaner utility is free and easy to use. It can scan and remove MovieZone Search addon that modifies web-browser settings to replace your newtab page, homepage and search engine by default, malicious software, potentially unwanted programs and ad supported software from computer (MS Windows 10, 8, 7, XP) and thereby revert back web browsers default settings (newtab page, start page and search provider by default). AdwCleaner is powerful enough to find and remove malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the PC.
Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below and save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: July 4, 2018
After downloading is done, open the directory in which you saved it. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. After the tool is started, you will see a screen as displayed on the image below.
Further, click “Scan” button . AdwCleaner tool will begin scanning the whole system to find out MovieZone Search plugin and other malware and ad supported software. This task can take some time, so please be patient. As the scanning ends, AdwCleaner will display a scan report as on the image below.
Review the scan results and then press “Clean” button. It will show a prompt as on the image below.
You need to press “OK”. When that process is finished, the AdwCleaner may ask you to restart your PC system. When your machine is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
These steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Use AdBlocker to stay safe online
It’s also critical to protect your internet browsers from harmful web-pages and advertisements by using an adblocker program such as AdGuard. Security experts says that it will greatly reduce the risk of malicious software, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard can also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
- Download AdGuard application on your computer by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
- When the download is complete, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block popup advertisements, as well as other harmful or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
Now your PC should be free of the MovieZone Search extension and other security threats. Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop-up ads and unwanted harmful web pages) and Zemana Anti Malware (to periodically scan your PC for new malware, browser hijackers and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new extensions, malicious applications and ‘ad supported’ software are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to get rid of MovieZone Search plugin from your web browser, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.