If your browser are being re-directed to the web site called Amclicks.com, then you most likely have an adware (sometimes named ‘ad-supported’ software) installed on your computer. The adware will modify your internet browser’s newtab page, home page and search engine by default or install unwanted web browser extension so that it will automatically show a huge count of unwanted Amclicks.com pop up advertisements. If you would like to free your PC of adware and thereby delete Amclicks.com pop up ads and are unable to do so, you can follow the steps below to find and delete this adware and any other malicious software for free.
The ad-supported software may insert a ton of ads directly to the pages that you visit, creating a sense that the advertising links has been added by the creators of the web site. Moreover, a legal advertising links may be replaced on the fake ads, that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful programs. Moreover, the ad supported software has the ability to collect a large number of personal information about you (your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking), which can later transfer to third parties.
The adware can change the settings of the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, IE and Edge, but often that a malicious software like this can also infect all types of web browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time start the web browser to see Amclicks.com intrusive ads.
We strongly suggest that you perform the few simple steps below that will help you to remove Amclicks.com pop ups using the standard features of Windows and some proven freeware.
Remove Amclicks.com redirect (removal tutorial)
In many cases ‘ad supported’ software requires more than a simple uninstall with the help of Microsoft Windows Control panel in order to be fully removed. For that reason, our team created several removal methods which we’ve combined in a detailed tutorial. Therefore, if you’ve the undesired Amclicks.com pop-ups on your system and are currently trying to have it removed then feel free to follow the few simple steps below in order to resolve your problem. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to exit your internet browser or restart your computer.
How to manually remove Amclicks.com
The few simple steps will help you remove Amclicks.com pop up ads. These Amclicks.com removal steps work for the Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer, as well as every version of Windows operating system.
Uninstall ‘ad supported’ software through the MS Windows Control Panel
Check out the MS Windows Control Panel (Programs and Features section) to see all installed applications. We advise to click on the “Date Installed” in order to sort the list of applications by the date you installed them. If you see any unknown and suspicious programs, they are the ones you need to uninstall.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Once the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category like below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel like below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of applications installed on your PC system. Most likely, one or more of them are responsible for the appearance of pop ups and web-browser redirect to the annoying Amclicks.com web-site. If you have many programs installed, you can help simplify the search of malicious software by sort the list by date of installation. Once you have found a suspicious, unwanted or unused program, right click to it, after that click ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
When the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to press ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as shown in the figure below.
You will see a list of programs installed on your PC system. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the applications that were installed last. Most likely they responsibility for the appearance of popup advertisements and web-browser redirect. If you are in doubt, you can always check the program by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. Once the program which you need to delete is found, simply click on its name, and then click ‘Uninstall’ as displayed in the following example.
Fix infected web-browsers shortcuts to remove Amclicks.com redirect
Important to know, most antimalware programs which are able to remove ad-supported software, but unable to find and recover altered shortcuts. So, you need to fix the desktop shortcuts for your Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer web-browsers manually.
Right click on the web-browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://site.address” that has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe.
To save changes, click OK . You need to clean all browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, FF and MS Edge.
Get rid of Amclicks.com redirect from Firefox
Resetting your FF is first troubleshooting step for any issues with your web-browser program, including the redirect to Amclicks.com site.
First, run the FF. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, press the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Amclicks.com redirect from Chrome
If your Chrome browser is re-directed to intrusive Amclicks.com web-page, it may be necessary to completely reset your browser program to its default settings.
- First, launch the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will show the Chrome main menu, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Show advanced settings” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset settings dialog box as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove Amclicks.com popup ads from Internet Explorer
In order to restore all web browser start page, new tab page and default search provider you need to reset the Microsoft Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the Windows was installed on your machine.
First, start the IE, click ) button. Next, press “Internet Options” as displayed in the following example.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to restart your personal computer for the changes to take effect. It will remove adware which causes undesired Amclicks.com pop-up advertisements, disable malicious and ad-supported web browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings like new tab, homepage and search provider by default to default state.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the adware can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you start your personal computer, it will show Amclicks.com unwanted web page. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and get rid of all malicious tasks that have been created by malicious application.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard together. It will display a prompt that titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as on the image below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, press the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it’s a component of the malicious programs, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as displayed in the figure below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by unwanted software. Once is complete, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to automatically remove Amclicks.com ads
Many antivirus companies have designed software that help detect adware and thereby remove Amclicks.com from the Chrome, Firefox, IE and Microsoft Edge browsers. Below is a a few of the free applications you may want to use. Your PC may have a lot of potentially unwanted programs, adware and browser hijackers installed at the same time, so we advise, if any unwanted or harmful application returns after restarting the computer, then boot your PC into Safe Mode and use the anti malware tool once again.
Scan and clean your web-browser of Amclicks.com pop-up ads with Zemana Anti-malware
We advise you to run the Zemana Anti-malware that are completely clean your system of adware which redirects your web-browser to intrusive Amclicks.com web page. Moreover, the tool will allow you to remove PUPs, malware, toolbars and browser hijackers that your PC may be infected too.
Download Zemana Anti Malware by clicking on the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: April 20, 2017
Once the download is done, close all windows on your PC system. Further, launch the install file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as displayed in the following example, click the “Yes” button.
It will show the “Setup wizard” that will help you install Zemana Free on the system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once install is finished successfully, Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will automatically launch and you can see its main window as shown in the figure below.
Next, press the “Scan” button . Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) utility will start scanning the whole computer to find out ‘ad supported’ software which redirects your browser to unwanted Amclicks.com web page. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC system. When a threat is found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is finished.
After the scan is finished, Zemana Free will show a list of all threats found by the scan. Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and click “Next” button.
The Zemana AntiMalware will delete adware that causes unwanted Amclicks.com pop-up advertisements. Once finished, you may be prompted to reboot your personal computer.
Automatically delete Amclicks.com pop up ads with Malwarebytes
We recommend using the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your system of the ad-supported software. The free utility is an advanced malware removal application developed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular anti-malware technology. It is able to help you get rid of undesired Amclicks.com redirect from your browsers, PUPs, malicious software, browser hijacker infections, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your PC system for free.
- Please download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) on your PC from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 9, 2017
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the downloading process is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware onto your machine. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes will launch and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to start checking your system for the adware that designed to redirect your web browser to various ad pages such as Amclicks.com. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your personal computer. While the tool is scanning, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- After finished, MalwareBytes Free will open a list of all threats found by the scan.
- When you’re ready, click the “Quarantine Selected” button. When that process is complete, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Remove Amclicks.com ads from internet browsers with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a free portable application that scans your PC system for ad supported software that causes a huge number of annoying Amclicks.com popup advertisements, PUPs and browser hijacker infections and helps get rid of them easily. Moreover, it will also allow you delete any malicious web-browser extensions and add-ons.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 30, 2017
- Once downloading is done, double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is opened, click “Scan” button to begin checking your computer for the ad supported software that cause undesired Amclicks.com advertisements to appear. While the AdwCleaner tool is checking, you may see number of objects it has identified as being infected by malware.
- When the scanning is finished, AdwCleaner will show a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been detected. In order to delete all threats, simply press “Clean” button. It will show a prompt, click “OK”.
These few simple steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Block Amclicks.com pop up ads and other undesired web-pages
Use ad blocker program like AdGuard in order to block ads, malvertisements, pop-ups and online trackers, avoid having to install harmful and adware browser plug-ins and add-ons that affect your machine performance and impact your PC system security. Surf the Web anonymously and stay safe online!
- Download AdGuard application on your MS Windows Desktop from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
- After the download is complete, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop-up ads, sites such Amclicks.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
Tips to prevent Amclicks.com ads and other unwanted software
To sum up
After completing the guidance shown above, your machine should be clean from this ad supported software and other malware. The Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and MS Edge will no longer show unwanted Amclicks.com site when you browse the Internet. Unfortunately, if the guidance does not help you, then you have caught a new ad-supported software, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the undesired Amclicks.com popup advertisements.